4/18 MLB discussion

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
Re: 4/18 MLB discussion

I was just about to post that the cubs game looked suspect at best. Hadn’t seen the postponement announcement yet.

Looks like fine weather (relatively speaking) everywhere else on the card today, and it might actually feel like spring by the weekend in the Midwest.

I’m looking at a couple of live dogs today in Boston and Detroit.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated

I hear ya Billy. Gausman a gas can against both sides of the plate.

OVER may have been the play.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Huge amount of foul ground in Puerto Rico.

The distance from home plate to the backstop must be longer than any MLB stadium.

Question: Shortest distance in MLB from home plate to the backstop?

Answer: Coors Field (about 58 feet).

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

I got Texas beating my Rays...... took early game (Col/Pitt) OVER...... LAA to bounce back tonight.

Good luck boys.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

I remember in LL the distance was like 8 feet or so, LOL.

Taking off from 3rd on a wild pitch only to have pitcher standing there waiting as the ball bounced right back to him. :)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I remember in LL the distance was like 8 feet or so, LOL.

Taking off from 3rd on a wild pitch only to have pitcher standing there waiting as the ball bounced back to him. :)

And how about the four-foot outfield fences which were only 200 feet from home plate?

I'd tell you about my home runs in Little League but I don't want get mocked/skewered by the EOG peanut gallery.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

Haha... yeah that's exactly how big the fences were where I played, 200 feet.

I hit a couple Texas leaguers that drifted out from time to time.

And we already mock you, go ahead and give us the calls on your HR records. :)

Valuist

EOG Master

Did anyone see the game between Minnesota and Cleveland? I know the game went under by a half run, but this is supposed to be a fairly good park for HRs, at least down the line. Supposedly field turf surface. Berrios is going for the Twins today, and he's back pitching in his home land.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Did anyone see the game between Minnesota and Cleveland? I know the game went under by a half run, but this is supposed to be a fairly good park for HRs, at least down the line. Supposedly field turf surface. Berrios is going for the Twins today, and he's back pitching in his home land.

Ball carried well to right field.

Loads of foul ground everywhere, however.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Haha... yeah that's exactly how big the fences were where I played, 200 feet.

I hit a couple Texas leaguers that drifted out from time to time.

And we already mock you, go ahead and give us the calls on your HR records. :)

Truth be told, only one homer in my Little League career.

It came against a neighhorhood nemesis, Jimmy Mazzuca.

And it was a lucky homer.

Our Little League field had a big wooden centerfield scoreboard that was operated manually by kids at the park.

The kids would hang numbers for every half-inning while sitting on a small platform attached to the scoreboard which sat about five or six feet from the ground.

My only homer barely cleared the four-foot fence, going underneath the scoreboard platform.

I trotted around the bases as if I hit a majestic 400-foot blast.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Let's move every game in April to Puerto Rico. People can pitch down there out of the cold. Looking like two easy first 5 unders.