A March to Pointspread Glory

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
Re: A March to Pointspread Glory

SELECTIONS FOR WEDNESDAY, MARCH 30

503 Cleveland +10 over Charlotte

529 Santa Clara +9.5 over Iona

529-530 SCU-Iona "OVER" 153

March record: 68-62 after a pair of losers last night.

I like the Santa Clara pick. BTW, 14 7-pins last night...no matter what adjustment I did...a very poor pocket percentage..probably about 50% or less...I was either strike or 7 pin...shows the importance of making spares....still a 649 series...I miss half of those, then I'm down to 570 or less.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Two wins and a loss last night.

March record: 70-63.

MLB Opening Day is here.

At least three plays coming tomorrow. One in MLB, NBA and NCAAB.

munson15

I want winners...

Good work last night, JK. Nice to see you back in black.91023i2ndw;l

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Creighton and Oregon turned into a Valley game last night.

"Our main foundation for this game was defense," said Oregon guard Johnathan Loyd.

Creighton scored only 21 first-half points in a 71-58 loss last night in Eugene. Game 3 in the best-of-three is Friday night.

Any thoughts, newport2?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

SELECTIONS FOR THURSDAY, MARCH 31

703 Dallas Mavericks +7 over the Los Angeles Lakes

705 Wichita State -1.5 over Alabama

908 Los Angeles Dodgers -115 over San Francisco Giants

March record: 70-63

munson15

I want winners...

Thanks and GL, JK, sure would be nice to finish the month with one more 2 of 3 day/night.91023i2ndw;l

newport2

EOG Dedicated

"Our main foundation for this game was defense," said Oregon guard Johnathan Loyd.

Creighton scored only 21 first-half points in a 71-58 last night in Eugene. Game 3 in the best-of-three is Friday night.

Any thoughts, newport2?
I played under last night but they have adjusted the total(139.5) 7 pts for the final. Playing a game on the Oregon court probably helps Creighton. These coaches know each other so well it's scary. I will be on the sidelines unless there is some major line movement.

munson15

I want winners...

Helluva rally the last week, JK. Thanks for the spate of winners.12io4j2w90

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

something to remember going forward..jk is an animal on baseball totals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fifty cint

EOG Dedicated

I'm thinkin Costa Rica has revitalized JK.I'm sure I would feel a whole lot better if I was there

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

An afternoon massage does wonders to clear the mind before looking at the next day's action.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Teams and players experience form cycles, periods of time when they're playing well or playing poorly. Same holds true for gamblers. I played poorly over the first two weeks of March before finishing with solid form in the last half of the month. My documented pointspread record of 72-64 (against Pinnacle numbers) produced a small profit for the 31-day period.

The monthlong exercise can be viewed in two ways. On one hand, a gambler is spending valuable time ("opportunity costs") without producing meaningful profits. On the other hand, said gambler is outperforming approximately 95% of his fellow players, a worthy accomplishment but still one that doesn't pay the bills.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

Teams and players experience form cycles, periods of time when they're playing well or playing poorly. Same holds true for gamblers. I played poorly over the first two weeks of March before finishing with solid form in the last half of the month. My documented pointspread record of 72-64 (against Pinnacle numbers) produced a small profit for the 31-day period.

The monthlong exercise can be viewed in two ways. On one hand, a gambler is spending valuable time ("opportunity costs") without producing meaningful profits. On the other hand, said gambler is outperforming approximately 95% of his fellow players, a worthy accomplishment but still one that doesn't pay the bills.

JK, Its been an interesting exercise, and a fun ride, thanks for taking the time for doing this. With the work I do, it helped make the month of March go by just a little quicker looking forward to your posts. Good luck this baseball season, and the fast approaching WNBA season! KK

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

JK, Its been an interesting exercise, and a fun ride, thanks for taking the time for doing this. With the work I do, it helped make the month of March go by just a little quicker looking forward to your posts. Good luck this baseball season, and the fast approaching WNBA season! KK

Thanks for recognizing the thread, Keith. I enjoyed your contributions as well.

About the WNBA: Maya Moore makes her professional basketball debut on Friday, June 3 at Staples Center. She'll be a member of the Minnesota Lynx. I plan to be sitting courtside.

munson15

I want winners...

John, it is April 1st, but this is a serious question. I know you like to gather first-hand info, so in the case of the WNBA game you will be attending, do you ever take notes, or is it just impressions that impact your gambling decisions going forward? I find that I no longer count on my mental acuity, I like to write everything down that affects the process, not that I would bring a notebook into an arena, but I hope you get the gist of the inquiry. 12io4j2w90

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated

Thanks for recognizing the thread, Keith. I enjoyed your contributions as well.

About the WNBA: Maya Moore makes her professional basketball debut on Friday, June 3 at Staples Center. She'll be a member of the Minnesota Lynx. I plan to be sitting courtside.

It will be interesting to see if her success carries over to the WNBA that she had at U-Conn.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

John, it is April 1st, but this is a serious question. I know you like to gather first-hand info, so in the case of the WNBA game you will be attending, do you ever take notes, or is it just impressions that impact your gambling decisions going forward? I find that I no longer count on my mental acuity, I like to write everything down that affects the process, not that I would bring a notebook into an arena, but I hope you get the gist of the inquiry. 12io4j2w90

At age 48, it's important for me to take notes. Not only because of memory loss, but also because the process of notekeeping helps me organize my thoughts.

Here's the key to a gambler's notes: find new info or authentic angles that will not be incorporated by others.

In the WNBA, for instance, I love to focus on point guards for many reasons. Late-game free throws, leadership abilities, passing abilities, the ability to shoot, the ability to deliver assists, foot speed, reflexes, her relationship with the coach and the all-important ability to close out quarters, more important in pro basketball than college hoops.

Seattle's Sue Bird is hands down the best PG in the league and has been for the past five years.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

It will be interesting to see if her success carries over to the WNBA that she had at U-Conn.

Maya Moore will be a star, no doubt.

Young players in the WNBA usually dominate. They have a huge edge over their high-profile counterparts in the NBA. The female superstar typically stays in school for four years, plus there are fewer temptations for the female hoopster.

Additionally, the young girls today have been attending camps and clinics for their entire lives, a significant edge over veteran WNBA players in their thirties.

munson15

I want winners...

At age 48, it's important for me to take notes. Not only because of memory loss, but also because the process of notekeeping helps me organize my thoughts.

Here's the key to a gambler's notes: find new info or authentic angles that will not be incorporated by others.

In the WNBA, for instance, I love to focus on point guards for many reasons. Late-game free throws, leadership abilities, passing abilities, the ability to shoot, the ability to deliver assists, foot speed, reflexes, her relationship with the coach and the all-important ability to close out quarters, more important in pro basketball than college hoops.

Seattle's Sue Bird is hands down the best PG in the league and has been for the past five years.
Thanks for the candid answer, JK. :cheers

asportsguy

EOG Veteran

This is what NBA does not understand about betting on its games. ("opportunity costs")
On a beauty Sunday afternoon in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Las Vegas</st1:City> <st1:State w:st="on">NV</st1:State></st1:place>. I could go to sports book bet on NBA games watch it and the advertising during the game or go play me some golf outside.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Since I live in <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Cincinnati</st1:City></st1:place> and it’s illegal to bet on the sport do I watch the game (no betting therefore no interest) or golf outside on a beauty Sunday in Cincy.<o:p></o:p>