Aaron Judge HR Record Bogus

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated
With inter league play beginning in 1997 all AL and NL records from that period on are irrelevant.

Only MLB records are relevant.

Barry Bonds is the HR leader with 73. Hit 74 Homers and you have accomplished something.

Just like NFL and NBA.

No one recognizes Eastern and Western Conference records in the NBA.

No one recognizes AFC and NFC in the NFL.

It is NFL and NBA records period.

As it should be in MLB too!.

boston massacre

EOG Master
With inter league play beginning in 1997 all AL and NL records from that period on are irrelevant.

Only MLB records are relevant.

Barry Bonds is the HR leader with 73. Hit 74 Homers and you have accomplished something.

Just like NFL and NBA.

No one recognizes Eastern and Western Conference records in the NBA.

No one recognizes AFC and NFC in the NFL.

It is NFL and NBA records period.

As it should be in MLB too!.

* Asterisk

Heim

EOG Master
I look at Bonds record the same way I looked at Ben Johnson's record when he
broke the 100m record swollen like a pumpkin.

railbird

EOG Master
MLB cheated for judge and puljos with juiced balls, both players are hard to root for dirtbags. i liked bonds, he kept the media and teammates,coaches in check

MrTop

EOG Master
MLB cheated for judge and puljos with juiced balls, both players are hard to root for dirtbags. i liked bonds, he kept the media and teammates,coaches in check

kent not a fan

bonds had his own barber chair in the clubhouse...ok team player

cheating or not nobody better than bonds

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I attended several San Francisco Giants home games when Bonds was great but his team was not.

If Bonds came to bat in the seventh or eighth innings, fans would stay for his plate appearance and then exit the stadium.

Happened on several occasions.

Never seen anything like it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I don't knock baseball players for NOT being team guys.

After all, baseball is an individual sport disguised as a team game.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Quite impressive that Judge HR total is what 18 over the next highest guy. When is the last time that wide of a gap happened?

kane

EOG master
I am amused how Everybody is assuming that Judge is not on some performance enhancing medication.
And this is the reason why players like Bonds, Sosa, and McGwire ruined the sport, now anytime a guy like Stanton or Judge come along and smack a bunch of home runs, there will always be people viewing it with skepticism. I haven't heard Judge's name ever mention with PED use, not once, so unless something comes out that says or even hints otherwise, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, the guy is built like a fucking tank, he was on the field with Micah Parsons the other day, and Parsons looked like a child standing next to him

railbird

EOG Master
Aaron was drafted 31st round out of hs out of notredame sherman oaks, same team that elimated us at Fountain Valley in 1984 cif playoffs, their starting pitcher that day was Jack Mcdowell. Jack had electric stuff that day, including a 95 mph fastball and a splitter that dropped off table

Abundy

EOG Addicted
I am saying Judge is a 6-7 inch 270 pound stud who won the crown on his own. Pujols is a 42 year old has been who is doing his thing this year with juice. Just look at his stats the last 5 years.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Are we as Americans so ignorant to not know when people are cheating. Hey Albert after the season you had . How about coming back next year. Will baseball test him. No that would look bad. Are you all so blind.

kane

EOG master
Will baseball test him
How do you know he isn't being tested? Why wouldn't he be getting tested just like any other player in the league? You keep insinuating he's taking PED's without any proof, just because he's having a resurgence this year doesn't mean he's juicing, it's easy to throw out accusations without any proof to back your claim

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Power surge? The guy hit 24 homers. Get your panties out of a bunch.

But the late-season Pujols was a different player than the early-season Pujols.

Two homers in April, two in May and none in June.

Pujols then went to the All-Star Game to serve as an honorary captain and apparently discovered the fountain of youth or some magic potion.

The inquiry sign is lit.

Abundy

EOG Addicted
How can any one not question ster for Pujols. Look at his stats for 5 years. I guess I want to take what he is on in 2022. What a Fraud

Abundy

EOG Addicted
Sorry for my spelling errors. I like Pujolsvbut he is juiced more than Bonds. Might as will come back next year and hit 50

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
I'd like to care about baseball, but I really don't.

Judge seems like a decent person, but I still fast-forwarded thru the baseball discussions.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
His team was 30'games out, and he didn't play in 1 meaningful game all year. I mean, how valuable can you be in that scenario?

I remember when Andre Dawson won NL MVP honors on a Cubs team that finished dead last in the NL Central, 18.5 games behind division champion St. Louis.

The baseball writers loved Andre Dawson.

Valuist

EOG Master
Pujols had a nice surge late in the season but 45 players ended up with more HRs than him. Guys like Seth Brown, Cal Raleigh and Patrick Wisdom all hit more home runs. In today's "swing from your heels every pitch" approach 24 home runs isn't what it used to be.

Is it possible he saw more meaty fastballs down the center of the plate? I can see some pitchers deciding they wouldn't nibble against him.