All teams now need a rugby coach

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I like the rugby concept for desperate game-ending laterals in college football.

Better yet, why wait for the end of the game?

Throw your rugby squad out there on third-and-long instead of calling a "safe" screen pass.

railbird

EOG Master
I like the rugby concept for desperate game-ending laterals in college football.

Throw your rugby squad out there on third-and-long instead of calling a "safe" screen pass.
key to end game laterals is too NEVER tuck the ball under the arm, carry the ball like a loaf of bred for pitch posisition and preferable with laces for an overhead pass

Like it and won't be surprising to see it soon. They'll be learning the rugby scrum and that'll lead to more rugby type plays. Defense won't know how to properly stop it at first.

kane

EOG master
Injury concerns.
Two weeks ago the Giants had a fourth and one, they tried the "tush push" play, they didn't get the first down, and they got a TE and an offensive lineman hurt, I have a feeling the Giants won't be doing it again