Are you a Jew ?

For Sale in N.Y.: 'Jews Against Obama' T-Shirt

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif]By ELIZABETH GREEN, <nobr>Staff Reporter of the Sun</nobr>
May 23, 2008
[/FONT]

An Israeli man is selling T-shirts bearing the slogan "Jews Against Obama" at his Lower East Side boutique ? just around the corner from Katz's Delicatessen.
<nobr> <!-- AddThis Button BEGIN --> <script type="text/javascript">addthis_pub = 'nysun';</script> <script type="text/javascript" src="http://s7.addthis.com/js/152/addthis_widget.js"></script> <!-- AddThis Button END --> </nobr>​
Click to enlarge image >
Heuichul Kim
STRONG STATEMENT The shirt in question.

A sample T-shirt advertised in the shop's display window is decorated with assorted paraphernalia, including a yellow Star of David stamped with the word "JUDE," in the style of those forced on Jews in Nazi Germany; a black-
and-white-checkered keffiyeh (a scarf known for its association with Yasser Arafat); a belt made of bullets, and a copy of the Holocaust memoir "Survival in Auschwitz" by Primo Levi.
The owner of the store, Doron Braunshtein, an Israeli immigrant who also goes by the alias "Apollo Braun," which is the name of his store, said he created the T-shirt and designed the display window.
He said he was once a supporter of Mr. Obama's, but was turned off by the senator's former pastor, the Reverend Jeremiah Wright, and after learning Mr. Obama once visited Pakistan.
He said he the design of the display window was no accident, and that he wants the keffiyeh to become permanently associated with anti-Obama sentiment. The Levi book is meant as a warning, he said: "You open the door for Obama, you have no idea what can come your way."
Yesterday afternoon, people who stopped to look at the shop, on Orchard Street between Stanton and Houston streets, had mixed reactions.
An editor at New York magazine, Michael Idov, called it "nauseating" and told Mr. Braunshtein he hopes it does not sell.
Another Lower East Side resident, Janet Heller, stepped inside the store to tell Mr. Braunshtein that she was offended by the Star of David.
When Mr. Braunshtein told her that he is Jewish, Ms. Heller countered, "So am I."
An older woman, Mary Becker, who held an Evian bottle and wore green designer eyeglasses, declared her approval.
"I like this T-shirt, because I don't like Obama," Ms. Becker said.
Hearing her, Mr. Braunshtein came outside carrying a version of the same shirt in blue. He gave it to her for free, noting that he's selling it for $250.
"Will you wear it?" he asked.
"Of course I will," Ms. Becker said.
An 18-year-old, Kevin Gannon, who lives above Mr. Braunshtein's shop and has made a documentary film about him, said he likes Mr. Obama but also likes the shirt.
"People get really upset, and I think that's the art form. You dig?" he said.
Mr. Braunshtein chimed in, saying he has been hit with flying pizzas and has received death threats.
"That's so beautiful, though," Mr. Gannon said.
Several Jewish leaders decried the shirts.
The executive director of the Greater New York Labor-Religion Coalition, Rabbi Michael Feinberg, called them "utterly offensive and divisive."
A member of the American Jewish Congress who has criticized Mr. Obama's foreign policy, Jeffrey Wiesenfeld, called the shirts "a stupid tactic." "It's a little beneath us," he said.

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran
Re: Are you a Jew ?

I'm a Jew for Obama-so are Congressman Robert Wexler of Boca/Delray Beach-who has a constituency of 65% Jews -and Dennis Ross, the former negotiator of ME peace! The two others are working with Obama to shape his ME policy. The Bush neo-cons have fucked Israel buy pushing them to negotiate with the PLO(AKA FATAH) -stopped them from winning that war with Hezbollah in southern Lebanon-and even your hero-Ronbo Rayguns fucked Israel by saving the PLO terrorists in 1983 and , with the help of anti-semite, Caspar Weinberger leading the charge, took them in American boats to Tunisia-at American taxpayer expense-so they could kill Israeli Jews another day!! You Ignorant prick-read "The Secret War Against the Jews" by John Loftus to find out the truth -over the decades-how the GOP fucked over the Jews and Israel---oops, sorry Greek towel boy---there are no pictures in the book!!! Only ignorant Jews who believe the swill assholes like you put out for consumption would be against a person who actually supports Israel-Obama!! In clossing-go fuck yourself!!!

Last edited:

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

Don't worry about the exploding national debt, just be happy that much of that debt was incurred helping Israel maintain ME dominance.Your tax dollars hard at work.

When you visit your kid's grave site this weekend, give thanks that your son or daughter died fighting a war for neocons.

When you drive home on a pothole filled highway, silently utter a prayer for Israel and smile, knowing that the money that should have repaired that road is building state of the art highways in Israel.

Need Proof of the Israeli control of American MSM is absolute ???

How can a group of people that account for less than 2% of the US population account for so many stories in the MSM about who they will or won't vote for & Who cares ???

Try this: Google Obama + Jewish vote. Do the same for McCain and Hillary. Here's the hits your search will find:

Obama + Jewish Vote

199,000 hits

McCain + Jewish Vote

202,000 hits

Clinton + Jewish Vote

234,000 hits

Now, substitute Italian-American vote and use the same presidential candidates name and you'll see this:

Clinton + Italian-American vote

34,500 hits

McCain + Italian-American vote

20,500 hits

Obama + Italian-American vote

25,000 hits

Considering that Italian-Americans make up about 10% of the U.S. population, shouldn't that mean that the number of hits are Five times greater than the number of hits one gets for the Jewish vote ???

Instead, it is seriously inverted, with the discrepancies of the number of hits running from eight-ten times higher for the Jewish vote stories over the Italian-American vote stories.

Let's take another ethnic group, those Americans with German ancestors, who account for 17% of the U.S, population, making them the leading group.

McCain + German-American vote

10,100 hits

Hillary + German-American vote

13,800 hits

Obama + German-American vote

16,800 hits

10,000 hits for McCain's courting of the German-American voters

What is going on here, one might ask ???

Frank Johnson running America ???

What is going on is that the crapperjed clan controlled media machine has total control over what is spoon fed to the American saps regarding the upcoming 2008 presidential election.Send more dough to Israel.

The sheep are being forced fed Frank Johnson type toxic sludge 24/7 so that anytime we hear the word Jewish or Jew or Israel, we should immediately get down on our knees and thank the Jews for allowing us to co-exist with their racist and bigoted state of hate, Israel.Give them more aid today.

America must look at everything that has an effect on your lives thru a magnifying glass shaped like the Star of David and how it will affect Israel.

Think not of your recent job loss, nor your inability to make the mortgage payments on your house, nor not having enough money to send your kids to college, what's wrong with you, chump, feeling sorry for yourself ??? Send more aid to Israel.

McCain's in house clown Rev. Hagee insults Catholics .No big deal. He insults Isrealis .Hagee gone faster than you can blink an eye.Send more money to Israel today.

Think about Israel and the Jewish vote 24/7, that is mandated for all Americans. Feel for all of those squatters in Hebron and how painful it must be to have to kill the indigenous Palestinians, either thru starvation or by a bullet to the head, so the Israeli squatters can steal Palestinian land.

As Rev. Hagee says Send more money--even if you have to borrow the money---to political action committees, like AIPAC, that will help elect more Jewish candidates to Congress so they can vote to send even more of your tax money to Israel.

Who's election is this 50 United States or One Bully state that runs America ???

Remember, nothing else in your lives is of any importance, unless it somehow relates to Israel. Nothing else matters, those kind of thoughts are forbidden.

I'm a Jew for Obama-so are Congressman Robert Wexler of Boca/Delray Beach-who has a constituency of 65% Jews -and Dennis Ross, the former negotiator of ME peace! The two others are working with Obama to shape his ME policy. The Bush neo-cons have fucked Israel buy pushing them to negotiate with the PLO(AKA FATAH) -stopped them from winning that war with Hezbollah in southern Lebanon-and even your hero-Ronbo Rayguns fucked Israel by saving the PLO terrorists in 1983 and , with the help of anti-semite, Caspar Weinberger leading the charge, took them in American boats to Tunisia-at American taxpayer expense-so they could kill Israeli Jews another day!! You Ignorant prick-read "The Secret War Against the Jews" by John Loftus to find out the truth -over the decades-how the GOP fucked over the Jews and Israel---oops, sorry Greek towel boy---there are no pictures in the book!!! Only ignorant Jews who believe the swill assholes like you put out for consumption would be against a person who actually supports Israel-Obama!! In clossing-go fuck yourself!!!

You do realize that your boy Obama is loved by and supportive of the Muslim community --- Good Luck with your support.

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

EWS BRIEF: "Conservatives dispute Bush on Islam: Critics, include some policy advisers, call stance political" by Dana Milbank, The Washington Post, carried by MSNBC News, November 30, 2002.

"President Bush finds himself in a rare disagreement with conservatives in his party over his efforts to portray Islam as a peaceful religion that is not responsible for anti-American terrorism. In a score of speeches since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, the president has called for tolerance of Muslims, describing Islam as ?a faith based upon peace and love and compassion? and a religion committed to ?morality and learning and tolerance.?

But a large number of foreign policy hawks ? some of them with advisory roles in the Bush administration ? have joined religious conservatives in taking issue with Bush?s characterizations. While most of them understand the political rationale for Bush?s statements ? there?s no benefit in antagonizing Muslim allies such as Pakistan and Indonesia ? they say the claim is dishonest and destined to fail."
As you shall quickly see, the religion of Islam is positively NOT peaceful, nor has it ever been. Islam is the #1 slaughterer of Christians in world history, putting millions upon millions to the sword. Many defenders of Islam says that the very word, "Islam" demonstrates its peacefulness, because it literally means, "Submit". This view is half-right, which means of course, it fosters a misconception, commonly called a lie.

Islam means "submit to the teachings of Islam or die by the sword"!

By this terrible doctrine, many tens of millions of Christians in the Middle East and in Northern Africa were slaughtered, so much so that permanent entire population shifts occurred, so that today these countries are predominately Arab; even today, a person who converts to Christianity faces the death penalty in Muslim lands. We have witnessed the public brutality of Muslim militants in the Palestinian Authority controlled sections of Israel accuse someone of cooperating with Israel, drag them into the street, and brutally kill them without trial and without any legal protections. This is the true face of Islam, and the President knows it.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Major Muslim community groups actually went so far as to endorse Bush in 2000 .... Polls in 2000 showed Muslims favored Bush over Mr. Gore by a wide margin - some showed support in the 90 percent range

HotShotHarvey

EOG Veteran

Nick, you dense fucking asshole. Ever hear of "Reverse Psychology"??? The Muslims LOVE the neoconartist fools-they are the terrorists' best recruiters-so they say they support Obama-and hope everyone will vote for 4 more years of the same---"just to show those Camel-jockeys who's boss"-and they wind up with exactly what they want-another GOP asshole who will keep us in Iraq forever!! Their recruiting continues at a fever pitch-and morons like you and some stupid Jews help them achieve their goal!! YOU MORONIC ASSHOLE!!!

Last edited:

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

My hunch is Nic's hatred toward Muslims ...

I bet Abdullah broke up with his ass .... notice the "pattern" ?

Coulter used to date a Muslim ... they broke up and she rants about Muslims
like Nic does here everyday

YEP ... I BET OL NIC played the role of "Harem Boy" on more than one occassion

wideopen21

EOG Addicted

Try this: Google Obama + Jewish vote. Do the same for McCain and Hillary. Here's the hits your search will find:

Obama + Jewish Vote

199,000 hits

McCain + Jewish Vote

202,000 hits

Clinton + Jewish Vote

234,000 hits

Now, substitute Italian-American vote and use the same presidential candidates name and you'll see this:

Clinton + Italian-American vote

34,500 hits

McCain + Italian-American vote

20,500 hits

Obama + Italian-American vote

25,000 hits

Considering that Italian-Americans make up about 10% of the U.S. population, shouldn't that mean that the number of hits are Five times greater than the number of hits one gets for the Jewish vote ???

Instead, it is seriously inverted, with the discrepancies of the number of hits running from eight-ten times higher for the Jewish vote stories over the Italian-American vote stories.

Let's take another ethnic group, those Americans with German ancestors, who account for 17% of the U.S, population, making them the leading group.

McCain + German-American vote

10,100 hits

Hillary + German-American vote

13,800 hits

Obama + German-American vote

16,800 hits

10,000 hits for McCain's courting of the German-American voters

What is going on here, one might ask ???

What is going on here is that people like you should not be allowed access to the internet as your aren't smart enough to process the information that it yields:

What happens when you search:
muslim vote and obama 355,000 hits

Muslim vote and mccain 305,000 hits

OMG the muslims and jews run the country. But wait, what about this:

Christian vote and mccain gets you 400,000 hits

christian vote and obama gets 10,600,000!!!!!

Lets do this again

mormon vote and obama 1,090,000!!! _OMG the mormons are taking over the country!!

mormon vote and mccain 1,010,000!!!

One more time for laughs:
obama + scientologist vote 562,000
mccain + scientologist vote 434,000

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

Don't worry about the exploding national debt, just be happy that much of that debt was incurred helping Israel maintain ME dominance.Your tax dollars hard at work.

When you visit your kid's grave site this weekend, give thanks that your son or daughter died fighting a war for neocons.

When you drive home on a pothole filled highway, silently utter a prayer for Israel and smile, knowing that the money that should have repaired that road is building state of the art highways in Israel.

Temujin is such a lying piece of shit. Foreign aid to Israel is less than three billion per year, all of which is spent here on military hardware. Three billion per year buys all of one weeks worth of Iraq war so cram your "much of that debt" up your lying ass. Neo nazis and jihadists write and read the same lies and are part of the legacy of hate Hitler exploited. You guys must be so proud of yourselves. Drop dead!

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I stand with my Jewish Brethren and will do whatever it takes to defend, help and further their nation and People!

P.S. I wish I was Jewish but none of us 'chooses' this!

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

These Jihadist agents who have infiltrated all kinds of different forums don't understand the freedoms and melting pot which makes our nation such a beautiful place. Let those a'holes say what they want, they lined up to come here. Not many of us are waiting in line for a visa to the mideast.

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

By Dennis Miller

"A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you Really need.

Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country.

There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians.

It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years.
Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is really a modern Invention. Before the Israelis won the land in war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, and there were no "Palestinians" then, and the West Bank Was owned by Jordan, and there were no "Palestinians" then. As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the Palestinians," weeping for Their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation."

So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our Deaths until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them what they are: "Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death."

I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: "Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country. Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't.

They could 've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, Especially two years ago at Camp David. But if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to Figure out some way to make a living. That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region Want: Israel.

They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course -- that's where The real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.

Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or "The Zionist Entity" as their textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on G-d's Earth, and if you've ever been around G-d's Earth, you know that's really saying something.

It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about. The great history and culture of the Muslim Mideast. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, By the way, thanks a hell of a lot for that one.

Chew this around and spit it out: Five hundred million Arabs; five Million Jews.
Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a Pack of matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, Everyone will be pals.

Really? Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate the tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew into the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.

My friend Kevin Rooney made a gorgeous point the other day: Just reverse the Numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it.

Can anyone picture the Jews strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not. Or marshaling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive a tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the Arabs baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. No, as you know, left to themselves in a world of peace, the Worst Jews would ever do to people is debate them to death.

Mr. Bush, God bless him, is walking a tightrope. I understand that with vital operations in Iraq and others, it's in our interest, as Americans, to try to stabilize our Arab allies as much as possible, and, after all, that can't be much harder than stabilizing a Roomful of supermodels who've just had their drugs taken away.

However, in any big-picture strategy, there's always a danger of Losing moral weight.

We've already lost some. After September 11 our president told us and the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the Countries that supported them. Beautiful. Then the Israelis, after months and months of having the equivalent of an Oklahoma City every week (and then every day) start to do the same thing we Did, and we tell them to show restraint.

If America were being attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be screaming for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of the Mediterranean and East of the Jordan.

----

Dennis Miller ia a Christian and a TV entertainer who has a Show called Dennis Miller Live on HBO.

By Dennis Miller

"A brief overview of the situation is always valuable, so as a service to all who still don't get it, I now offer you the story of the Middle East in just a few paragraphs, which is all you Really need.

Here we go:

The Palestinians want their own country.

There's just one thing about that: There are no Palestinians.

It's a made up word. Israel was called Palestine for two thousand years.
Like "Wiccan," "Palestinian" sounds ancient but is really a modern Invention. Before the Israelis won the land in war, Gaza was owned by Egypt, and there were no "Palestinians" then, and the West Bank Was owned by Jordan, and there were no "Palestinians" then. As soon as the Jews took over and started growing oranges as big as basketballs, what do you know, say hello to the Palestinians," weeping for Their deep bond with their lost "land" and "nation."

So for the sake of honesty, let's not use the word "Palestinian" any more to describe these delightful folks, who dance for joy at our Deaths until someone points out they're being taped. Instead, let's call them what they are: "Other Arabs Who Can't Accomplish Anything In Life And Would Rather Wrap Themselves In The Seductive Melodrama Of Eternal Struggle And Death."

I know that's a bit unwieldy to expect to see on CNN. How about this, then: "Adjacent Jew-Haters." Okay, so the Adjacent Jew-Haters want their own country. Oops, just one more thing. No, they don't.

They could 've had their own country any time in the last thirty years, Especially two years ago at Camp David. But if you have your own country, you have to have traffic lights and garbage trucks and Chambers of Commerce, and, worse, you actually have to Figure out some way to make a living. That's no fun. No, they want what all the other Jew-Haters in the region Want: Israel.

They also want a big pile of dead Jews, of course -- that's where The real fun is -- but mostly they want Israel.

Why? For one thing, trying to destroy Israel - or "The Zionist Entity" as their textbooks call it -- for the last fifty years has allowed the rulers of Arab countries to divert the attention of their own people away from the fact that they're the blue-ribbon most illiterate, poorest, and tribally backward on G-d's Earth, and if you've ever been around G-d's Earth, you know that's really saying something.

It makes me roll my eyes every time one of our pundits waxes poetic about. The great history and culture of the Muslim Mideast. Unless I'm missing something, the Arabs haven't given anything to the world since Algebra, and, By the way, thanks a hell of a lot for that one.

Chew this around and spit it out: Five hundred million Arabs; five Million Jews.
Think of all the Arab countries as a football field, and Israel as a Pack of matches sitting in the middle of it. And now these same folks swear that if Israel gives them half of that pack of matches, Everyone will be pals.

Really? Wow, what neat news. Hey, but what about the string of wars to obliterate the tiny country and the constant din of rabid blood oaths to drive every Jew into the sea? Oh, that? We were just kidding.

My friend Kevin Rooney made a gorgeous point the other day: Just reverse the Numbers. Imagine five hundred million Jews and five million Arabs. I was stunned at the simple brilliance of it.

Can anyone picture the Jews strapping belts of razor blades and dynamite to themselves? Of course not. Or marshaling every fiber and force at their disposal for generations to drive a tiny Arab State into the sea? Nonsense. Or dancing for joy at the murder of innocents? Impossible. Or spreading and believing horrible lies about the Arabs baking their bread with the blood of children? Disgusting. No, as you know, left to themselves in a world of peace, the Worst Jews would ever do to people is debate them to death.

Mr. Bush, God bless him, is walking a tightrope. I understand that with vital operations in Iraq and others, it's in our interest, as Americans, to try to stabilize our Arab allies as much as possible, and, after all, that can't be much harder than stabilizing a Roomful of supermodels who've just had their drugs taken away.

However, in any big-picture strategy, there's always a danger of Losing moral weight.

We've already lost some. After September 11 our president told us and the world he was going to root out all terrorists and the Countries that supported them. Beautiful. Then the Israelis, after months and months of having the equivalent of an Oklahoma City every week (and then every day) start to do the same thing we Did, and we tell them to show restraint.

If America were being attacked with an Oklahoma City every day, we would all very shortly be screaming for the administration to just be done with it and kill everything south of the Mediterranean and East of the Jordan.

----

Dennis Miller ia a Christian and a TV entertainer who has a Show called Dennis Miller Live on HBO.

frank,
when did miller write this? or when did his people write this?

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

I'd say it's about six years back. I don't recall exactly. Not much i agree with Miller about these days, but this essay speaks with a succinct clarity i've not seen in anything else on the subject.

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

HEY FRANNIE ONE NOTE......

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]September 30, 2008[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]Has Israel Become a Breeding Ground for Jewish Settler Terrorism? [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+2]The Attack on Zeev Sternhell [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif][SIZE=+1]By JONATHAN COOK [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+3]T[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]he words “Jewish” and “terrorist” are not easily uttered together by Israelis. But just occasionally, such as last week when one of the country’s leading intellectuals was injured by a pipe bomb placed at the front door of his home, they find themselves with little choice.

The target of the attack was 73-year-old Zeev Sternhell, a politics professor at Hebrew University in Jerusalem specialising in European fascism and a prominent supporter of the left-wing group Peace Now.

Shortly after the explosion, police found pamphlets nearby offering 1.1 million shekels ($300,000) to anyone assassinating a Peace Now leader. The movement’s most visible activity has been tracking and criticising the growth of the settlements in the West Bank.

Mr Sternhell, whose leg was injured in the blast, warned that this attack might mark the “collapse of democracy” in Israel. He has earned the enmity of the religious far-right by justifying the targeting of settlers by Palestinians in their resistance to occupation.

Earlier in the year the professor was awarded the Israel Prize for political science. The settlers’ own news agency, Arutz Sheva, ran a story at the time headlined “Israel Prize to go to Pro-Terror, Pro-Civil War Prof”.

The shock provoked in Israel by the bombing partly reflected the rarity of such attacks. Most Israelis regard the use of violence by Jews against other Jews as entirely illegitimate, which partly explains the kid-glove approach generally adopted by the security forces when dealing with the settlers.

There are a handful of precedents, however, for these kind of attacks. In 1983, Emil Grunzweig was killed when a right-winger hurled a hand grenade into a crowd of Peace Now activists marching against Israel’s invasion of Lebanon. And 12 years later Israelis were left reeling when a religious settler, Yigal Amir, shot dead their prime minister, Yitzhak Rabin.

Violence directed at the Jewish Left typically peaks during periods when the religious far-right believes a deal with the Palestinians may be close at hand. Rabin paid the price for his signing of the Oslo accords. Equally, Mr Sternhell appears to be the address for settler grievances over the government’s ongoing talks with the Palestinians over a partial Israeli withdrawal from the West Bank.

Certainly, the mood among the religious settlers has grown darker since the disengagement from Gaza three years ago. A significant number subscribe to the belief that, in betraying what they perceive to be the Jewish people’s Biblical birthright to Palestinian territory, the government proved itself unworthy of their loyalty. Others believe that the settlers themselves failed a divine test in not facing down the government and army.

Either way, many far-right settlers are turning their backs on those secular laws that clash with their own convictions. One Israeli observer has noted that these settlers no longer see their chief loyalty to the state of Israel but to the Land of Israel, a land promised by God not politicians.

The pamphlet found near Mr Sternhell’s home, signed by a group called the “Army of Liberators”, read: “The State of Israel has become our enemy.”

The Shin Bet, Israel’s secret police, have a Jewish department dedicated to tracking the activities of Jewish terrorists. Unlike the Shin Bet’s Arab department, however, it is small and underfunded. It has also proved largely ineffectual in dealing with the threat posed by the far-right.

Jewish extremists who attack Israeli soldiers or Palestinians in the occupied territories, openly incite against Palestinians or express unlawful views rarely face charges, even when there is clear evidence of wrongdoing.

The general lawlessness among the West Bank settlers has reached new peaks, underscored this month when settlers from Yitzhar went on what was widely described as a “pogrom” against Palestinians in the neighbouring village of Asira al Qabaliya. The settlers were caught on film firing live ammunition at the villagers, but the police have so far failed to issue indictments.

Also, often forgotten, the so-called Jewish underground has a history of targeting Palestinians inside Israel, including those with citizenship. A car bomb narrowly avoided seriously injuring the wife of Arab Knesset member Issam Makhoul in 2003. Two years later, in the run-up to the Gaza disengagement, a settler-soldier, Natan Zada, shot dead four passengers on a bus to the Israeli Arab city of Shafa’amr.

Groups such as the Temple Mount Faithful, which seek to blow up the mosques of Al-Aqsa and Dome of the Rock in the Haram al-Sharif of Jerusalem’s Old City so that a third Jewish temple can be built in their place, also face little recourse from the Shin Bet.

By contrast, the Shin Bet’s Arab department runs an extensive network of Palestinian informers in the occupied territories and is reported by human rights groups to use torture to extract information from Palestinian detainees.

Inside Israel, the Arab department regularly investigates Israel’s own Palestinian citizens, especially the Islamic movements over their donations to charities in the occupied territories. It has also been hounding parties like the National Democratic Assembly of Azmi Bishara that demand equal rights.

Like Palestinians in the occupied territories, Palestinian citizens risk being locked up on secret evidence.

Israel’s leading columnist Nahum Barnea noted last week that the Shin Bet’s inability to find and arrest Jewish terrorists stemmed from “deliberate policy” and “emotional obstacles” – his coy way of suggesting that many in the Shin Bet share at least some of the settlers’ values, even if they reject their methods.

Prof Sternhell made much the same point in a radio interview from his hospital bed when he noted that Yitzhak Shamir, when he was prime minister, had defined the Jewish underground as “excellent young men, real patriots”.

In this vacuum of law enforcement, the far-right regularly and openly engages in unlawful activities, often without serious threat of punishment. Many of its leaders, such as Noam Federman, Itamar Ben Gvir and Baruch Marzel, all based in Hebron, are believed to have close links to the outlawed Kach movement, which demands the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians from the region.

Mr Ben Gvir, who leads a group known as the Jewish National Front, denied that his faction was involved in the attack on Mr Sternhell but refused to condemn it.

Although the head of the Shin Bet, Avi Dichter, immediately branded the attack on Mr Sternhell as “a nationalist terror attack apparently perpetrated by Jews”, it is noticeable that no Israelis are demanding the demolition of the perpetrators’ homes.

That contrasts strongly with the response last week after a Palestinian youth drove a car at a group of Israeli soldiers near the Old City of Jerusalem. Israeli politicians called for the youth’s home to be destroyed and his family to be made homeless.

In the general outcry against the bomb attack last week, it was left to Prof Sternhell to remind Israelis that most Jewish terrorism was in fact directed not at people like himself but at Palestinians.

Jonathan Cook is a writer and journalist based in Nazareth, Israel. His latest books are “Israel and the Clash of Civilisations: Iraq, Iran and the Plan to Remake the Middle East” (Pluto Press) and “Disappearing Palestine: Israel's Experiments in Human Despair” (Zed Books). His website is www.jkcook.net.[/SIZE][/FONT]

http://www.counterpunch.org/cook09302008.html

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

Hey Temujin, How about posting earlier threads from your cabal where you claimed Anne Frank was a forgery and Ben Franklin called Jews "vampires" a hundred years before the word even entered the english language after Bram Stoker wrote Dracula in the 1890's. Lies, fabrications, and forgeries are the stock and trade of you racist cruds.

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

Temujin is such a wiseman. Foreign aid to Israel is more than three zillion per year, all of which is spent here on military hardware. Three zillion per year buys all of the weapons you want to maim and kill Arab children , but we still want more , more , for war , war. Temujin you must be so proud of yourself standing up for the little guy in a world ran by Jews. Best of Luck!

TEMPER , TEMPER FRAN YOU MALEVOLENT MISCREANT. I MUST OF HAVE HIT A NERVE. TRUTH HURTS ???
HOW MANY ARAB KIDS DID YOU HURT TODAY ???

BACK ON TOP

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

I don't know how this guy can forge new words on my earlier posts, but fabrications and forgeries are certainly something he and his sick crowd have spent a lot of time perfecting.

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

Hey Temujin, How about posting earlier threads from you where you claimed Capperjed was a forgery and Ben Franklin called Frankjohnson a bloodsucker. Lies, fabrications, and forgeries are my stock and trade.Yes sir Frankjohson is a racist crud for all to see.

OK JOHNSON/CRAPPER/FATMOMMATANK YOU HAVE WELL ESTABLISHED THAT YOU ARE A FIBBER OF THE FIRST DEGREE. YOU ARE A MOST PERNICIOUS POSTER. YOU ARE SO FULL OF PIG DUNG. SHOW WHAT POST OR THREAD THAT I EVER SAID ANNE FRANK WAS A FORGERY OR FRANKLIN CALLED YOU A LEECH. YOU NUTTIER THAN JAR OF PLANTERS. I KNOW BEN FRANKLIN. BEN FRANKLIN WAS A FRIEND OF MIND. HE WAS AN UNDERCLASSMAN WITH ME AT HUMANITY CENTRAL UNIVERSITY. I KNOW HE NEVER SAID THAT. BUT HE HAD WISHED HE HAD CALLED YOU A " DECEIVER OF THE WORLD RENOWN & POSTING CLOWN !!! "

BACK ON TOP

G. K. TEMUJIN

EOG Veteran

I don't know how this guy can forge new words on my earlier posts, but fabrications and forgeries are certainly something he and his sick crowd have spent a lot of time perfecting.

PRAISE FROM CAESAR

I CAN NOT SPEAK FOR THE OTHERs . I HAVE BEEN TAUGHT BY THE BEST FABRICATOR WHO HAS EVER LIVED CRAPPERJED. DO YOU KNOW OF HIM ??? PLEASE SEND MY WARMEST GREETINGS TO HIM FRANNY. I HAVE ALSO BEEN LISTENING TO A BOOK ON TAPE AS I RIDE MY CAMEL ACROSS THE BURNING SAND. A FASCINATING BOOK ALL SHOULD HEAR...

" LIE , CRY & WHINES AS A PRO....THE FRANKJOHNSON WAY OF COMMUNICATING FALSE TALES CONSTANTLY "

BACK ON TOP

wideopen21

EOG Addicted

PRAISE FROM CAESAR

I CAN NOT SPEAK FOR THE OTHERs . I HAVE BEEN TAUGHT BY THE BEST FABRICATOR WHO HAS EVER LIVED CRAPPERJED. DO YOU KNOW OF HIM ??? PLEASE SEND MY WARMEST GREETINGS TO HIM FRANNY. I HAVE ALSO BEEN LISTENING TO A BOOK ON TAPE AS I RIDE MY CAMEL ACROSS THE BURNING SAND. A FASCINATING BOOK ALL SHOULD HEAR...

" LIE , CRY & WHINES AS A PRO....THE FRANKJOHNSON WAY OF COMMUNICATING FALSE TALES CONSTANTLY "

BACK ON TOP

Its interesting how you ignored my post which basically proved that you are nothing more than a fraud.

Wade

EOG Master

you need to have a bomb shelter if you want to live in israel. i found that out by watching house hunters international.