ATTN ALL FORUM MEMBERS: VB Upgrade tomorrow at 9:30 EST

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Tomorrow, December 13th, 2005 between 9:30 and 10:30 AM EST we will be doing a VB upgrade for the forum.

The forum is likely to only be down for 10 minutes or so though.

Thanks and have a nice evening.

aaron

EOG Member
Sam,

Is speed a problem for you? If so, how long does it take you to load a page?

Are you using dial up or cable/dsl?

Thanks

Sam Odom

EOG Master
DSL & IE6 browser also whenever I check my download speed at a teat site it is 10200 Kbps +/- a bit

Sometimes the 20 ad banners to the right will freeze after 4-6 are loaded then other times they will load one at a time taking 5-8 secs each.

I dont have this problem with other forums

dirty

EOG Master
Slow for me as well

use 5 Megs Cable

Takes 10-12 Seconds sometimes to load a page and sometimes longer.....Times out alot....for no Rhyme or reason .....Not even top traffic times......I am Running 512MB of Ram and have no Trouble nowhere else.....

My processor is fine as well.....Unreal how much time it takes to load this sometimes.....Very Frustrating.....some sites the Graphics take a few Secs...But sometimes here it is everything.

Not Fussing just letting you know

Sam download firefox and see if that helps any. Ever since i've made the switch my IE icon just collects dust on my desktop.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
btw- my desktop is PIII 1000 w/1gig ram. I have same problem w/laptop connecting by wifi (same DSL) it's P4 1.6 w/512 ram

dirty

EOG Master
I had same probs with Firefox...

My Processor is the 3.3 ghz I think and 512....never upgraded my RAM because I have never needed too

If that is the Prob then I will upgrade...

You guys are old geezers and know nothing. IE is garbage first off, Firefox is the shit, make sure to defrag your comp and clean the disc once every two weeks.