EOG master
Re: BASEBALL BET OF THE YEAR NY METS RUN LINE AGAINST BRAVES

I hate the play, but I'll wish you luck on it

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

CARDINALS LOSS GIVES THEM A PSYCHOLOGICAL PUSH AND MOTIVATION TO DESTROY.

BASEBALL BET OF THE YEAR.

(NOT LIKE IT SAYS MUCH AGAINST THE BRAVES BUT I JUST CARE ABOUT TONIGHT)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: BASEBALL BET OF THE YEAR: NY METS RUN LINE AGAINST BRAVES

Feels obvious but I wish all the best to I WISH.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

I think if you call yourself a PRO out in Vegas, you have a responsibility to back the Mets tonight on the run line.

We know Colon is fat but he's been dependable. You know you're backing a guy who has been for the most part solid all year long. The Mets offense is another thing but going up against a rookie pitcher who still isn't sure of himself will help matters.

Not to mention the extra push once the Cardinals got beat down in Colorado today.

There's just too much ammo on display.

Braves 3 Mets 10

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Is the Tennessee bankroll money being used here instead?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Sounds like you may want to bet OVER 8.5 runs or the METS team total OVER 4.5.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

I'm not betting 6K on a baseball game. I'm betting enough though.

Been going back and forth on the Tennessee/Florida game for a while now.

The main problem are the slow starts by Tennessee, if they fall behind early and need to rely on Dobbs through the air, they're going to lose by 14+.

kane

EOG master

I think if you call yourself a PRO out in Vegas, you have a responsibility to back the Mets tonight on the run line.

We know Colon is fat but he's been dependable. You know you're backing a guy who has been for the most part solid all year long. The Mets offense is another thing but going up against a rookie pitcher who still isn't sure of himself will help matters.

Not to mention the extra push once the Cardinals got beat down in Colorado today.

There's just too much ammo on display.

Braves 3 Mets 10

Pinny opened the Mets -205, they are currently using the Mets -167, I think the pros have spoken, and they're not taking the Mets on the RL. Again, I wish you GL as I don't have a dog in this fight

PapaSlam

Banned

Braves offense is better than the Mets offense these days. GL. If Blair can beat Syndergaard, something tells me the Mets aren't trust worthy at the moment.

scrimmage

I'm not betting 6K on a baseball game. I'm betting enough though.

Been going back and forth on the Tennessee/Florida game for a while now.

The main problem are the slow starts by Tennessee, if they fall behind early and need to rely on Dobbs through the air, they're going to lose by 14+.
So it's a no go on T?
Doesn't really matter, since win,or lose the balance will be decimated eventually,it will be sudden,or
death by a thousand cuts in the end...

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

I'm getting better. I withdraw right away after big wins. I don't deal with bitcoin still but I will one day.

Messi got hurt today, not good for Barcelona.

scrimmage

IWIWaP is an interesting gambler no doubt;the EOG universe is better for having him in it...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Mets 2-0, bottom 1.

So far, so good.

Home teams on RL in MLB are a bad investment.

Many times they are, but there's excellent spots where home teams on the run line are excellent value. The first couple of months this season the Cubs on the run line were the only way to go whether they were home or road. Almost all of their wins were by two or more.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

I hate baseball. I absolutely hate this pathetic sport. It's the type of sport where people claim to beat but never show any proof because it's simply not beatable.

PapaSlam

Banned

The Mets pen is an embarrassment.

Some sharp posters pointed this out in April. :lightbulb:

El Chapo

Banned

I hate baseball. I absolutely hate this pathetic sport. It's the type of sport where people claim to beat but never show any proof because it's simply not beatable.
It is what it is.

But, did you (or anybody else) ever notice that about 75% (or maybe more ) of the times that somebody dedicates a thread to a specific play it (inevitably) loses?

If somebody took the time to track the TDTSP (Threads Dedicated To a Specific Play) over the last year--I would hazard to guess one would have about a 75% winning pct. FADING such Specific Play Threads.

Nothing personal to you, of course.

But, for some reason, threads of this nature have a bad track record.:+clueless

Ronaldo

EOG Dedicated

Of course, you would do better than 75% wins just fading El Chapo

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Cespedes robbed of a three-run homer in the bottom of the ninth to end the game.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

I don't know. I guess it is my fault for starting a thread like this but the sport itself, there's something wrong with it. Too much b.s. in play.

At 3-0, everything is fine and dandy but the last quarter of the game when it really matters most, everything falls apart, to a much more pathetic team to boot.

I just don't get it. I don't get how guys make money off this sport. I might be willing to throw down $5,000 cash next summer to anybody who proves otherwise. If not, you owe me $5,000.

Heim

EOG Master

You lose 6 in a row to ATL at home you don't deserve to be in playoffs...

P.S. Jay Bruce has no clue at the plate as a Met.

El Chapo

Banned

I don't know. I guess it is my fault for starting a thread like this but the sport itself, there's something wrong with it. Too much b.s. in play.

At 3-0, everything is fine and dandy but the last quarter of the game when it really matters most, everything falls apart, to a much more pathetic team to boot.

I just don't get it. I don't get how guys make money off this sport. I might be willing to throw down $5,000 cash next summer to anybody who proves otherwise. If not, you owe me $5,000.
Truly.

I have had a few over bets, for example Over 8.5.

The teams score a combined 8 runs in the first inning, and both teams load the bases multiple times and another run ISN'T scored the entire game.

Or how about an under bet at 9.5 that enters bottom 9 at 2-1. A blown save and the road team scores 6 in the top of the 10th.

Yeah. Betting baseball sucks.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Missed opportunity for the Mets as the Cards and Giants suffer blowout losses in Colorado and Los Angeles.

PapaSlam

Banned

You lose 6 in a row to ATL at home you don't deserve to be in playoffs...

P.S. Jay Bruce has no clue at the plate as a Met.

What's wrong with Mets fans? They were booing Bruce after being there 10 days. Imagine trying to get comfortable in a new city for the first time in front of that dog shit fan base that gets on your case before the ink is dried on your trade agreement.

It's a bad combo when you combine Northeast arrogance + the intense jealousy from playing 2nd fiddle to the Yankees in their own city that leads to a very unpleasant fan base. White Sox fans are the same way as far as the jealousy goes in Chicago, but at least they're midwesterners so a lot more chill to begin with.