Belmont Fall 2018 meet

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
Taking a chance on the 1 horse in the 8th race today... Closer Still. She ran a hell of a race last time out... much better than the #s suggest. She broke slow... had to check several times, and at one point was close to 15 lengths back... ended up running great late to get up for 5th. She was always near the pace before that race.. I think they will bring her back a little today, especially with the rail post position and faster horses in the race. COme off the pace, midpack.. come flying late. Get up a big price (likely 20/1+)

As for the first race, taking a chance on the 1 horse, Monaco. When he gets and clears to the lead, he has been tough to beat. The only other speed close to him will likely be the 5 horse, whos going from sprint to route, but I feel like Monaco can clear away from the rail. The 3 times hes cleared to the lead in the last 6 races, he has put up speed figs that would be competitive against everyone in this field. Last time out was a throwout on the mud. Before that, he ran a great race at Parx and ran a better speed figure than anyone in this race has recently. Think there is alot of value at 6/1 ML.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Post time for the eighth race arrives in approximately 45 minutes.

Thanks for sharing, BP.

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
BenoitPaire2;n7453972 said:
Taking a chance on the 1 horse in the 8th race today... Closer Still. She ran a hell of a race last time out... much better than the #s suggest. She broke slow... had to check several times, and at one point was close to 15 lengths back... ended up running great late to get up for 5th. She was always near the pace before that race.. I think they will bring her back a little today, especially with the rail post position and faster horses in the race. COme off the pace, midpack.. come flying late. Get up a big price (likely 20/1+)

As for the first race, taking a chance on the 1 horse, Monaco. When he gets and clears to the lead, he has been tough to beat. The only other speed close to him will likely be the 5 horse, whos going from sprint to route, but I feel like Monaco can clear away from the rail. The 3 times hes cleared to the lead in the last 6 races, he has put up speed figs that would be competitive against everyone in this field. Last time out was a throwout on the mud. Before that, he ran a great race at Parx and ran a better speed figure than anyone in this race has recently. Think there is alot of value at 6/1 ML.

I will be involved in that race with primary keys of #5 and #8 w/sprinkle on #3,#6 best wishes BP2

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Patkeats;n7454128 said:
I’ll be taking him in race 7, some scratches, hopefully I can get a decent price. Good luck.

Post time for the seventh race arrives in less than 25 minutes.