Boston Celtics Moneyline +300

Tim Donaghy

EOG Member
Refs will target the Miami bigs, giving the Celtics a bigger size advantage. Rondo will be bailed out by calls. Stern wants to milk this series.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Boston Celtics Moneyline +300

Refs will target the Miami bigs, giving the Celtics a bigger size advantage. Rondo will be bailed out by calls. Stern wants to milk this series.

Your contributions are not welcome here, Donaghy.

You're a liar, a cheater and worst of all, a snitch.

bernardoincr

EOG Dedicated

NO RATS. YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO SHOW YOURSELF IN THE GAMING INDUSTRY.
YOU MADE THE CALL TO RAT, THERE IS NO FORGIVENESS, YOU ESCAPE THE FEDS
BUT, NOT US. SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME

I would say the odds of this being the real Tim Donaghy are:

Yes: +8,000
No: -10,000

Very funny, though.

The sad thing is I could actually picture the real Tim Donaghy logging into his EOG account and posting analysis. He'd probably post under a pseudonym, however.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Your views are very shortsighted. Jose Canseco was called the same things, but because of him MLB was able to have a real steroid policy.

While Tim Donaghy may have given information to save his ass, I do not believe that he has lied about his fellow officials. Its about time NBA officaiting was put under a miscroscope.

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

Your views are very shortsighted. Jose Canseco was called the same things, but because of him MLB was able to have a real steroid policy.

While Tim Donaghy may have given information to save his ass, I do not believe that he has lied about his fellow officials. Its about time NBA officaiting was put under a miscroscope.

i agree...........i think he told the truth about his fellow refs

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Donaghy told the truth?

He said what he had to say to get out of trouble.

Too bad the FBI did not ask the proper questions to grill the rogue ref.

Most of Donaghy's comments were outright lies.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated

If someone is having a party and donaghy is going to be there.......it would be prudent not to invite John Kelly to join the fun.

biggamer3

EOG Master

Your contributions are not welcome here, Donaghy.

wow that is harsh words. Not sure if this is real Donoghy but if it is we should welcome him to the boards. Dude paid the price in prison and has great knowledge of the game and has insiders opinions. Not sure why you would run someone like that off the board.

Absolutely this is the real Tim Donaghy.

Any public relations professional out there would tell Tim that the fastest way to rehabilitate his image would be to post at EOG.

biggamer3

EOG Master

what image?
a disgraced NBA ref doesnt exactly have movie roles and commercials awaiting him.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

You'll get no help from the refs in this game if you bet the Green. The league is going to pull the plug on these guys, Miami advances tonight.

Tim Donaghy

EOG Member

I don't gamble anymore. I take my recovery seriously. Working at Firstep Intervention, a gambling treatment facility in New Jersey, has changed my life.

It's no surprise they assigned Scott Foster for game 5. Home favorites in the same range as the Heat are 11-16 under Foster. He loves working up the crowd.

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

A few things to straighten this thread out.

1. He isn't the real Donaghy. Can't believe I even have to say that.

2. If you think Donaghy was the only "rogue" ref in the league you're a naive idiot.

3. Heat win.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

A few things to straighten this thread out.

1. He isn't the real Donaghy. Can't believe I even have to say that.

2. If you think Donaghy was the only "rogue" ref in the league you're a naive idiot.

3. Heat win.

Uh, you didn't have to.

As for your second point, there are people who have gone back and studied the games and tendencies of the refs (especially Donaghy and the guys he associate with) and you're wrong... pretty simple really. I know you believe in a vast NBA ref'ing conspiracy (as do many others), but people who have broken down the film/statistics like Irish Tim's basketball messiah Voulgaris have stated Donaghy was the only ref who changed his tendencies/rates/calls based on betting.

I'll try to find the piece on it, and post it.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

That's definitely Tim. After getting out the first time he stayed in a halfway house down here in Tampa, I met him after a Gambler's Anonymous meeting. I thought a buddy of mine was lying, turns out he was telling the truth. I slipped him the link here. I'm all over the Celtics, thanks for the play.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I don't gamble anymore. I take my recovery seriously. Working at Firstep Intervention, a gambling treatment facility in New Jersey, has changed my life.

It's no surprise they assigned Scott Foster for game 5. Home favorites in the same range as the Heat are 11-16 under Foster. He loves working up the crowd.

You love working up the crowd, too.

That's definitely Tim. After getting out the first time he stayed in a halfway house down here in Tampa, I met him after a Gambler's Anonymous meeting. I thought a buddy of mine was lying, turns out he was telling the truth. I slipped him the link here. I'm all over the Celtics, thanks for the play.
This is interesting, but I'm not buying that Tim Donaghy is posting on EOG under his real name.

Tim Donaghy

EOG Member

Call me in twenty minutes. Roger had information that piqued my interest in that thing of ours.

Timely, did you see the above odds I posted at -10,000 'No'? It's so absurd to even discuss this.

Tim Donaghy

EOG Member

This is interesting, but I'm not buying that Tim Donaghy is posting on EOG under his real name.

That's the beauty of it.

Garnett should of at least got a flagrant for that - that's horrible.

Not in this game. Foster keeps Garretson on a tight leash. And Spooner is a spineless jellyfish that follows the leader.

At this exact moment, they're discussing how to officiate the next two quarters, and going over the foul list.

Tim Donaghy

EOG Member

Garretson called a cheap foul on Wade, trying to bail out Ray Allen, but he made the three pointer.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Why would an official under the basket call a travel on top of the circle??? Especially when he got the call wrong... Stick to your zone dumb ass.

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

The Heat once again have shot more FT's than the Celtics, they have done so every game in the playoffs I believe, and they have the most perimeter oriented team left and you don't think they're getting enough calls?

Timely Hero

Jacoby Blows

Tim, I thought you said Celtics were gonna get the calls? Garnett gets no call, and Bosh does - despite it being the same play. What's up with that?