computer question

i have a compac laptop, and it has a touchpad mouse. I had to reinstall windows xp, and now this mouse is way to sensitive. i've adjusted the speed in the control panel option, but it is still to sensitive. I thought i've disabled it before and just been able to click using the buttons below the mouse. Can anyone help me.

dirty

EOG Master
Go to your Garage and open up the Toolbox.....then get our your Hammer....Then go back in the House and go to town on the thing.....works everytime...:+computer

LOL, feel like that sometimes, its very dangerous during poker, sometimes when i'm playing poker, when i go to move the cursor, it clicks. Can't tell how many times i've folded when i was going to call and vice versa.

Get 'Er Done !!!

Get 'Er Done !!!

:smoke Well matey .... you might check under Device Manager & see if you can tell the manufacture of the mousepad & see if there is any new updates as far as drivers .....also ....check the website of the manufacturer of the laptop & see if there is any new driver updates. You could just possibley have a corrupted driver. Uninstall & reinstall using "Add New Hardware" ......not sure what else to tell you. Possiibly a hardware malfunction ......double check the settings again in the control panel for your mouse ....
Good God Blessed Luck Matey!

SmOkNtBoNe