Cubs sign Yu Darvish to long term deal LOL

To all Cubs fans, I'm so very sorry for the heartbreaking losses this Iranian cocksucker will make you suffer through for the next several years

Be strong and may God be with you, it'll be tough. Trust me

Valuist

EOG Master
Re: Cubs sign Yu Darvish to long term deal LOL

Hopefully it will work out better than Heyward. But 6 years? He's already over 30.

Sleepy

EOG Master

To all Cubs fans, I'm so very sorry for the heartbreaking losses this Iranian cocksucker will make you suffer through for the next several years

Be strong and may God be with you, it'll be tough. Trust me

STFU and post a fade

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Good for them

I would rather have Arietta at that price than Yu

Yu got FUCKED Cubs and Cubs fans

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

hmm if the dumb people here think this is a bad signing it makes me feel a bit better about it.

MrTop

EOG Master

cubs throwing in the towel already 6 years ???

:doh1

sad.

sure that's a big enough smple size

You want him out there in an elimination game? LOL.

Jake (when on the juice) is much better.

Darvish should have put one right off the head of the next guy up after the dude homered and taunted him gesturing with slanted eyes.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

he didn't know about the eye gesture until after the game b/c he wasn't watching the game on TV but sure i guess it does show he's not prophetic and that's pretty embarrassing

he didn't know about the eye gesture until after the game b/c he wasn't watching the game on TV but sure i guess it does show he's not prophetic and that's pretty embarrassing

so the eye gestures were done right in front of the camera and not towards Darvish?

You sure?

Theo fell for the ole, "I was tipping my pitches"?

Desperate move by the Cubs

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

lol leave the baseball evaluating to the people who know a thing or two

it's not the best move, but it'll be a good move for the next 2-3 years.

Javy you’re kidding, right? The guy is an absolute gas can.

mind blowing you clowns gave him 6 years and $126M in any situation in his career. The fact he’s already past 30 and coming off two of the biggest World Series meltdowns in mlb history makes it laughable.

Terrible signing. I’m so happy the stupid cubs took him off our hands, fuck that Iranian basketcase. I’m really hoping for Arrieta now :btj:

mind blowing you clowns gave him 6 years and $126M in any situation in his career. The fact he’s already past 30 and coming off two of the biggest World Series meltdowns in mlb history makes it laughable.

Terrible signing. I’m so happy the stupid cubs took him off our hands, fuck that Iranian basketcase. I’m really hoping for Arrieta now :btj:

Wow. This is just about rock bottom for Javi.

Henry of all people, is giving Javi a forum beat down and his team made a horrible move.

ttaylor89

EOG Dedicated

Small sample size fellas...yet quickly ran and made this thread after this years postseason

Chris Sale and Jose Quintana playoff ERAs
Wow.

Chris Sale - 8.38 ERA
Jose Quintana - 7.15 ERA

For Fun

Jake Arrieta - 3.08 ERA
Kyle Hendricks - 2.88 ERA
Jon Lester - 2.55 ERA

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

The biggest world series melt down probably belongs to Kershaw... blew a 4-0 and then 7-4 lead right?

what a loser

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Small sample size fellas...yet quickly ran and made this thread after this years postseason

Chris Sale and Jose Quintana playoff ERAs
Wow.

Chris Sale - 8.38 ERA
Jose Quintana - 7.15 ERA

For Fun

Jake Arrieta - 3.08 ERA
Kyle Hendricks - 2.88 ERA
Jon Lester - 2.55 ERA

Sale sucks every 2nd half, and last I checked the playoffs were usually at the end of the year.

Hopefully Quintana's pathetic post season was still shedding himself of the White Sox plague.

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

Somewhat relieved the Brewers offer was rejected. I'll never be a fan of long term year contracts for players over 30. Good get for the Cubs. Completely buries a team like Milwaukee if he doesn't pan out.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Wow. This is just about rock bottom for Javi.

Henry of all people, is giving Javi a forum beat down and his team made a horrible move.

I fear that you may be even dumber than I thought.

Darvish had a WAR of a 3.9 last year and now this moves Montgomery back to the bullpen who wasn't projected for much more than 1.2 or so WAR last I checked...

Not that we necessarily needed 3 or so more wins on the season to win the NL Central, but certainly doesn't hurt.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

He's a playoff choker too.

Yu Darvish had a 3.52 ERA career in the playoffs before the World Series began last year.

I'm willing to roll the dice that a bad 3.1 innings does not define a player. Worse case scenario, if I'm worrying about Yu Darvish choking in the world series, it means the Cubs made the world series. Wouldn't that be nice?

I fear that you may be even dumber than I thought.

Darvish had a WAR of a 3.9 last year and now this moves Montgomery back to the bullpen who wasn't projected for much more than 1.2 or so WAR last I checked...

Not that we necessarily needed 3 or so more wins on the season to win the NL Central, but certainly doesn't hurt.

You feel confident sending him out there in the playoffs after what you saw last year?

You try and find ways to defend the move but even you yourself admitted you didn't want him a Cub.

Now look at you.....

SAD

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

This reminds me of when you were sure that the 2015 NLCS meant that the Cubs were road blocked by the up and coming Mets' dynasty forming. I told you that was moronic and that it was a blip on the radar of how these teams are projecting forward.

Who was right?

3.1 innings in the World Series... no, it's not significant enough to freak out about.

A 31 year old pitcher coming off a 10-12 season with a 21.60 era in the world series gets a six year deal from the Cubs.

Jake on the juice would have been better and you know it.

Cubs now have a rotation lead by darvish the Iranian gas can and Quintana the Venezuelan gas can :LMAO

31 (almost 32) year old darvish 6 years $126M :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

If this forces the Dodgers to sign Jake, it’ll make it even funnier :btj:

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

10-12 year? Lol records? that’s not how baseball works, evaluating people by records.

Jacob DeGrom 45-32 career
Noah Syndergaard 24-18
Steven Matz 15-15

He’s probably going to be worth 3-4 wins over the next 3 years... after that it is what it is.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

I prefer to approach these free agent signings with a hint of rationality.

From 2015-2017, Darvish posted a home ERA of 4.88 and a road ERA of 2.39... Doesn't take a genius to arrive at the likely conclusion that he really doesn't like pitching in Arlington... and who would?

Wrigley is a pretty friendly place to pitch most of the time. We'll see how it translates. Most pitchers, even without moving from Arlington, see their numbers improve going to the NL full time though.

MrTop

EOG Master

Cubs really starting to panic getting this WS loser.

what is wrong with theo ?

sad

Heim

EOG Master

Darvish tips his pitches. He was still tipping them in WS according to Stros.

10-12 year? Lol records? that’s not how baseball works, evaluating people by records.

Jacob DeGrom 45-32 career
Noah Syndergaard 24-18
Steven Matz 15-15

He’s probably going to be worth 3-4 wins over the next 3 years... after that it is what it is.

Ok....Darvish is 31 with a 10-12 record last year with a 3.86 era. It was 21.60 in the world series that included a China men gesture from the opposing team that he wasn't man enough to do something about.

Theo gives him six years guaranteed.

Desperation move.

Syndergaard threw the first pitch he got in the world series right at the goof from Kansas cities head. Alcides or whatever the fuk his name is cried to reporter's about it after the game. Syndergaard told reporters he was 60 feet away during the game. Settle it there. Guy was a bitch and so is Darvish.

billysink

EOG Dedicated

Really regressed badly against lefties. BOL in Great American and Miller Park.

Tough to defend that contract.