DFS discussion (NFL Week 1)

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated
Re: week one DFS discussion.

Your a smart dude. I have played more DFS than 90% of people and enjoyed it. Ethan Haskell incident last straw and I know the "investigation" revealed no wrong doing but I have talked to this guy , have been to Cosmopolitan for $1million 70 person MLB contest and Ethan is as sharp as a babies ass. So if anyone thinks he put together a 350k or whatever winning lineup without info not privy to public you are kidding yourself. Govt sucks but having these guys running show on their own with their trust us now approach is only their way of saving some of the money grab.

Until government unfortunately has a few dudes overseeing at their busineses as SEC does in brokerage firms to monitor activity you are playing against it.

Player percentage usage is most valuable info you can get and it is known before lineups lock by the select few. In this computer age it takes no effort to find a guy that can access lineups as they get submitted all day long until shortly before lineups lock. And then you script 300 lineups based on data you got early.

Since u asked Andrew Luck, big game back in the saddle

Gabe

Horse racing expert

How about the smaller games and single entry?

Gabe

Horse racing expert

Also how about playing friends?

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated

That's why I said your were smart. Those are cool and harmless.

Keep it like that then it is fun. My Fanduel account shows I have been paid about $160k. Figured I spent about 20-30 k more than that over 3 year period i played a lot. I consider myself lucky.

I gamble so part of the equation. Have a good friend that lost about 15k in a year about 3 years back and it hurt his marriage job kids etc. Never has played again and back to all good.

Play as you stated and it is fun. It was fun for me, 3 years of engrossed sports entertainment and held my own given what I think goes on.

Pocket Lint

EOG Addicted

Good post Miggy! So many naive kids thinking they will get rich playing fantasy. Hopefully the industry will get cleaned up soon!

My week one sleeper? Langford!

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated

I hope you are correct. First I went to Michigan State and second I am in 5 season long leagues with him on 2.

Last draft tomorrow (guess today since it is 3am est).

Responded to your PM.

DFS has a huge identity issue and an terrible " equation" to win issue. Winners should be the most knowledgeable +a sprinkling of game day good fortune = an expectation to do well and win

Current equation is you could know butkus about sports+ be a genius in mathematics, variables, and have ability to create scripts and formulas=win money from a sporting endeavor with sports playing hardly any role

When multi entry goes away, that would be first of about 2 dozen needed changes

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

I doubt multi entry goes away since that's a big part of their business. What other changes would you like to see, Miggy?

MrTop

EOG Master

I am not a fan of DFS , but the people who are into it sure do know the players quite well and the websites free and paid sure give you updates of the ball players are fantastic for sport bettor's

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated
Re: DFS discussion (NFL Week 1)

Changes DFS needs IMO.

1. Should have said mega multi entry. In order to justify it as a game of skill, thus legal, it cannot be a lottery where you enter same contest 300 times. There is no skill in that. It is using a math model to try and win by chance/luck.
2. All contest should either be single entry and all other leagues be variations with a maximum being contests that allow up to five entries. This keeps it being a game of skill.
3. Find a way to not have above be skirted around. John Smith signs up. He opens an account for his wife Cindy Smith and mom and dad as well. He can now enter single entry contests four times.
This goes on rampantly even now. If politians are "vetted" than so should all DFS players. How this can be done I have no idea but players will sign up as many accounts as they can. Sites have weak "rules" to try and prevent this but right now I could open up multiple accounts in the next hour with no problem. Get 4 friends to give me their info, good friends of course and open account with their credit card, address, etc. I give them cash and tell them I will give them a little piece of any winnings. No problem at all.
4. SEC has a compliance procedure with brokerage firms. Their guy in the DFS place of business overseeing operation. DFS needs this times X. Not fan of Govt mind you. But someone with no ties to Draftkings or Fanduel needs to have an office in their shop that knows complete operation and has total authority to make sure there is TOTAL TRANSPARENCY. Public with any brains should have no trust in anything these companies currently say or do.
5. Every employee must also go through a "vetting" procedure. If you are a player than you can't work in the industry. You cannot be every day in the building where all pertinent information to winning is stored and play as well. Departments need to be totally independent of each other meaning someone who works in the salary determination department can't be in a cubicle next to someone who works in the think tank department that creates the different types of contest. DFS is so lucky to even be legal getting around game of skill issue only issue not employing players is a sacrifice they need to make.
Bottom line it is gambling with a high degree of skill needed if regulated and not the lottery it is today.
6. Every lineup you enter by hand. This is only legal due to loophole. No scripts or computerized systems to data dump(lineups)

So many other issues they need to correct to regain public trust. Only 3 types of people play DFS today unless they just don't care about losing.
1. The insider
2. The not informed or unaware of what they are up against because when money is involved people cheat.
3. As Baseball Zealot stated, play occasional single entry although you are playing same person with not just a single entry due to "ghost" accounts. Play with friends and use site, paying the rake, but it allows you to have them to the work of tracking contest.

If you are playing high stakes and are not an "insider" you are probably losing almost exclusively.

The development of all the information sites as Mr.Top said is a great point. It allows the gambler access to so much information at no cost that can assist in handicapping greatly.

miggytoddbest

EOG Dedicated
Re: DFS discussion (NFL Week 1)

Keep in mind Alfred Morris will get carries for Dallas and Elliott is a time bomb. I think West is playing for KC as well. And Julio could twist his ankle by just looking at it.

Just my thoughts.