Did anybody see the blatant stiff job in R4 at GP on Sunday?

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
Watch the 7, never asked to run, jock sat like a statue, never moved his hands or reins, and never showed the horse the whip, let alone use it. Not to mention floating about 6 wide on the turn. This is about as blantant a stiff job as you'll ever see. Lot of things wrong if jock isn't fined significantly and given a long time off.

Not sure on relationship of jock with the kid who came up and brought home the bomb in nightcap today at Saratoga who paid almost $100?

https://youtu.be/5e5E_agKvnE

yisman

EOG Master
Jockey was Tony Maragh.

https://twitter.com/Sapers809/status...49082910760960

https://twitter.com/NotSoDRF/status/1031719746574663680

Paulick wrote it up:

https://www.paulickreport.com/news/r...FQMego.twitter

Stewards at Gulfstream Park (two work for the track and a third for the state's Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering) have notified jockey Tony Maragh to see them on Wednesday morning for a review of the film of the race. No owners or trainers with horses in that race have been interviewed, as of Monday afternoon.

Whatever the results of the film review, stewards at Gulfstream Park do not post official rulings on-track. Official rulings from the stewards at Gulfstream Park do not appear to be posted on the “recent rulings” section of the Association of Racing Commissioners International website, either. Florida's Department of Business & Professional Regulation, which oversees the Division of Pari-Mutuel Wagering, used to make rulings available by searching individual licensees, but they have apparently given up and stopped posting violations. Stewards minutes at Gulfstream Park, if they are compiled, are not made public, as they are in several racing states. (For thorough stewards minutes, see what the Hong Kong Jockey Club posts every racing day.)

Horseplayers deserve better.

It's no wonder stewards, regulators and racetrack management in some jurisdictions are held in such low regard by the public.

It's not just in Florida.

At Mountaineer Park in West Virginia recently, unusually high show payoffs were triggered when a heavy favorite, Utana, finished off the board after what can only be described as an unusual ride by his jockey.

West Virginia Racing Commission executive director Joe Moore has not responded to multiple emails and phone calls from Paulick Report asking about the status of any investigation into that race. There was a report in Thoroughbred Daily News quoting Moore saying about the race: “We're looking into it.”

What assurances does the betting public have that “we're looking into it” means that a serious investigation is under way?

Heim

EOG Master
He even pulled him back at the start assuring a non-win. I'm a little surprised, GP is still considered a major track. Too many people watching as the above tweets show. Usually those stunts are pulled at Retema, Hastings or the fair circuit. Speaking of Retema....huge bet down last race on Aug 7. 10/1 ML -----> 3/1. Front runner on turf caught on the outside by #1 favorite last jump. Not even close....maybe half a head. Guess who Retama Park put up as winner? I tweeted regarding lack of photo but naturally no response. Yup a dirty business....and when u want to get out you end up like Ron Hansen.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I contend this is one way the major betting syndicates are grinding out their daily profits.

It's not who's live in a race these days, it's about who's dead.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And the race set up perfectly for a horse to come from last to first.

Curious ride, to say the least.

blueline

EOG Master
Some horses you show them the stick and they respond. Looks like this horse tries to get out and is a handful to ride

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
blueline;n7452003 said:
Some horses you show them the stick and they respond. Looks like this horse tries to get out and is a handful to ride

LOL wouldn't you raise your reins and ask the horse for some run, maybe scrub a little. Total stiff job.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated
blueline;n7452015 said:
Maybe ..maybe not..who benefits..the maragh?

His other entry in the race buried the favorite, and then keep his other horse the stiff job on the 7 out of gimmicks.

blueline

EOG Master
I wonder how much they have to win to make this worth it to them
Will the books freeze the funds as word about this race spreads

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Heim;n7451987 said:
He even pulled him back at the start assuring a non-win. I'm a little surprised, GP is still considered a major track. Too many people watching as the above tweets show. Usually those stunts are pulled at Retema, Hastings or the fair circuit. Speaking of Retema....huge bet down last race on Aug 7. 10/1 ML -----> 3/1. Front runner on turf caught on the outside by #1 favorite last jump. Not even close....maybe half a head. Guess who Retama Park put up as winner? I tweeted regarding lack of photo but naturally no response. Yup a dirty business....and when u want to get out you end up like Ron Hansen.

Retama..

wow watched the replay. watching it full speed its the #1 who gets it. on the slow speed replay of deep stretch its tight you see head bobs going different directions, and you cant see the last bob at the wire due to the bright FLASH of light. but you get the feeling like the announcer the 1 got there, but then they say photo and its the fastest PHOTO for a dead heat or close call either way ever, almost like the dog tracks who have near instant photos and they call the 4 the winner. its bizarre, and they never show the photo. really really bizarre. t hanks for pointing that race out...

yisman

EOG Master
The trainer is Aubrey Maragh, Tony's uncle.

Ray Paulick‏ @raypaulick 1h1 hour ago

More
Trainer Aubrey Maragh not permitted on Gulfstream Park grounds, pending investigation by track officials of Sunday's fourth race, in which jockey Tony Maragh has been suspended 60 days for not persevering with Aubrey Maragh-trained Musical Heart.

BenoitPaire2

EOG Veteran
I cannot stand gulfstream. Tough place to figure out for me. I like to bet the speed but I usually choose the wrong horse to go to the lead. Doesn’t always go by PPs when it comes to early speed there

blueline

EOG Master
glancing at GP I now see trainers Ricko Maragh and Shamir Maragh listed as having starts... 4 combined career starts since aug 25....breakout the maragh family tree diagram

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Maragh family reunion.

Funny line by Blewitt.

BLUELINE needs an ancestry report.

I've seen a lot of these services advertised on television lately.