don't worry guys....i will never desert you.....at least not today

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Re: don't worry guys....i will never desert you.....at least not today

Dear Mrs Smith,

You make great Apple Pies ! Well known in the freezer section. Stick to what you do best.
NHL is a sport on ice too. Whatta you know !
You have a bad line ( your posts ) or speak out and question the coach and you ride the bench.
Go sit in the penalty box and add a game misconduct for such unruly and unreasonable rants.
Apologies are for the press and public but feel the remorse and take two days off.
Sounds like it's coming from Gary "Bet" tman, no ?

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

Well, stop creating it. Move on or get moved.

I take plenty without comment. look at the last post. I really don't have a problem with dink anymore. I'm unaware of any internet dispute that ended with a full apology before. Its just not worth it.

And yet I still have to put up with nonsense from I think a mod threatening to ban me to ridiculous land over I don't know what.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

I take plenty without comment. look at the last post. I really don't have a problem with dink anymore. I'm unaware of any internet dispute that ended with a full apology before. Its just not worth it.

And yet I still have to put up with nonsense from I think a mod threatening to ban me to ridiculous land over I don't know what.

Well, I certainly apologize. But I came on this morning and had two complaints about you.

Once again... moving on...

tripp

EOG Master

whats with mr smiths obsession? was he the same mr smith before that posted a bunch of terrible picks and tried to get people to follow him on twitter for more fades?

this is hilarious

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

no. there is a Mr.Smith and a Mr. Smith

Im the one with a space. He signed up recently. we have no connection

gmenknicks

EOG Dedicated

can everything not directly related to Dinks picking hockey go to the Asylum already?? this is just ridiculous

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated

Riding the Edmonton OVER wave especially with Detroit's goalie Howard out
The Red Wings know they'll need to "Pump up the Volume" (Some Brit Pop old stuff ),
hence "Wake up the Nation" (for Paul Weller fans out there) at home tonight.
Boston under sounds right too, I won't go out on a limb for inconsistent Carolina however
this play will keep me from plunking on the overpriced Ducks. Not many goals from the Quackers these days so I threw some UNDER the rug here.

Mr. Smith

EOG Master

I did get two of his intended PM's

apparently he was trying to be an agent

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated

Dear Mr Christie,

You make good cookies.

As for Mrs Smith with a space and without....get back to the kitchen and work on d'em pies

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

red wings and red wings over [ 2 seperate plays ] boston under [ right now minus 25] carolina.....think the first three will move, not sure about the hurricane

Agree on Wings Over
Agree on Canes

Disagree on Wings for the game. Not really excited about playing the Oilers but Wings first home game off a long 5 game (mostly) WC roadie and reading reports from the Wings they said how tired they were and how happy they are to be coming home. Can't lay this much wood w/o Howard in nets. Oilers are a live dog at this price and the ONLY side I could suggest playing at this time

Canes don't score much but don't give up much, either. like this game U5.5

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated

Not looking like Detroit and Edmonton are going to help the cause.
I sense a bust night after a 5+ day run

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

I could swear dink was a known tout here. I can't remember why for sure, there was some tout conference at Alexis Park he spoke at? I thought he was known for selling his NHL picks?

I have no interest in beating up forum posters, it seemed to me he was considered professional and an NHL expert.

If I am wrong on this, I'm sorry for pointing out his reasoning for his picks today was not the bestest. Everyone should feel free to bang away.
I did not know it was a 'tout' conference. I thought it was educational. I gave away all of my props as well as my opinion on the game. There was nothing left to sell.

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated

Detroit and the over what a 3rd period from 2-2 to a 4-2 final and an 18 game home winning streak for the Red (Army) Wings.

...and then there were them Slimey Sabres who had to add that killer 6th goal with 1:02 left in the game, spoilers.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Tough loss with the Canes today

Canes' D comes out from behind his net and gets BLATANTLY tripped/hooked by Corey Perry forcing a turnover and a few passes later Perry blasts one past Cam Ward for the GWG when in reality the Ducks shoulda been sent to the box for 2 mins and the Canes shoulda been on a 2-minute PP

Heim

EOG Master

Tough loss with the Canes today

Canes' D comes out from behind his net and gets BLATANTLY tripped/hooked by Corey Perry forcing a turnover and a few passes later Perry blasts one past Cam Ward for the GWG when in reality the Ducks shoulda been sent to the box for 2 mins and the Canes shoulda been on a 2-minute PP

I don't know how you don't call that......it gave Anaheim an unfair advantage in the Canes
zone and a 4-3 (fallen player) advantage. Geez Perry looked back thinking he was going
to the box.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I don't know how you don't call that......it gave Anaheim an unfair advantage in the Canes zone and a 4-3 (fallen player) advantage. Geez Perry looked back thinking he was going to the box.

and i think the Canes gave up the goal because they expected a penalty to be called as well. you GOTTA call that behind the net because as you said it created a scoring chance when there wouldn't have been one. i can see passing on it at center ice but not in the defensive zone

here are the hilites of the game. around 3:30 is where the play happens. after looking at the replay no clue how the Zebra said the Canes' guy tripped on the net. Perry KNEW he was guilty and got away with one

I can't Embed the video - hopefully someone can - so here is the link to the NHL.com site and the hilites

http://www.nhl.com/ice/recap.htm?id=2011020799

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

A Dink vs Wink hockey contest would be nice....except I already know who would win...:lol

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Terrible non-call.

i have a friend who is a DIE HARD Ducks' fan. he said the same thing - and for him to say it you KNOW it was bad. this is like the clock debacle with the Kings/Jackets last week. the losing team won't miss out on a playoff spot because of this but that doesn't mean it is any better than if this happened to, say, the Bruins or Wings. this was so blatantly obvious that missing it took more work than calling it. look at Perry's reax after it - he is looking around EXPECTING to be nailed for it and when it doesn't happen he took advantage of it but...........

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Expect an apology from the NHL over the next 24-48 hours.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Expect an apology from the NHL over the next 24-48 hours.

THAT is what I love about the NHL - they use video to explain things not hide behind them. the apology will be like NBA on the goaltending call vs the Blazers the other day

The call was wrong. Sorry. Nothing we can do about it