Dope

Heim

EOG Master
Our fastest woman, Sha'Carri Richardson, sure medalist in the Olympics, gets suspended and Olympic trial results negated because
she tested positive for marijuana.

How dopey can you be? All that training and you piss it away for a few blunts before the Olympic trials?

Attachments

• 1625264927165.png
    1625264927165.png
    819.4 KB · Views: 1

Heim

EOG Master
P.S. One month suspension starts day she tested positive, so still chance she'll get picked for relay team.

mr merlin

EOG Master
She has the discipline to train as an olympic athlete, constant training likely according to strict protocols, prob a very regimented diet designed by sports nutritionists, but then just before the trials, which are just before the olympics(which we've been waiting for for a yr) she is so stupid to smoke pot.

That's one dumb negro.

Heim

EOG Master
Dumb is a understatement. Any medal in the sprints is worth money internationally. They get paid
just to appear. Bolt made a fortune in Diamond League competition.

Bushay

NHL Expert
So, you are under the impression weed gave her some special skills enabling her to win more? These are the kind of posts you get from just reading the headlines and not the rest of the story. Where in any of these stories does it say she smoked a few blunts? Yes, she shouldn't have done it and wasn't thinking straight. No different than what Michael Phelps and countless others have done. She got some news about a death in her family. [might have been her mother I don't remember now] from a reporter no less. And later on, took a CBD-laced gummy to relieve some stress. She is human no different than you, me, or anyone else. Weeds legal in damn near every state. Less harmful than alcohol. The bigger story is why is this drug a suspendable offense today and not aspirin or a beer. Nice headline! lol. Nice way to passively aggression shame her. Good thing the EOG Best Bet thread doesn't come with a urine test result to qualify.

mr merlin

EOG Master
She was coping with the death of her mother.
She called it the death of her birth mother, so obviously there's some issues going on there.
She made a choice, she knew the rules, now she's facing the consequences. Actually she's getting off light since it could have been 3 months.

Heim

EOG Master
From Clinton's former drug czar:

We raise Olympic athletes up on international pedestals for all the world’s children to look up to as role models — it is vital that the message they send is drug-free,” McCaffrey said at the time. “The goal of this whole effort must be to prevent Olympic medals and the Olympic movement from being tarnished by drugs.”

If you disagree with this then you don't understand the entire premise the Olympics were founded on by the early
Greeks.

MrTop

EOG Master
So, you are under the impression weed gave her some special skills enabling her to win more? These are the kind of posts you get from just reading the headlines and not the rest of the story. Where in any of these stories does it say she smoked a few blunts? Yes, she shouldn't have done it and wasn't thinking straight. No different than what Michael Phelps and countless others have done. She got some news about a death in her family. [might have been her mother I don't remember now] from a reporter no less. And later on, took a CBD-laced gummy to relieve some stress. She is human no different than you, me, or anyone else. Weeds legal in damn near every state. Less harmful than alcohol. The bigger story is why is this drug a suspendable offense today and not aspirin or a beer. Nice headline! lol. Nice way to passively aggression shame her. Good thing the EOG Best Bet thread doesn't come with a urine test result to qualify.

the gummies don't even work if she took it for physical pain... i took 10-12 of them they gave me a headache ... no way this stuff makes her win.. let her back in

Bushay

NHL Expert

We raise Olympic athletes up on international pedestals for all the world’s children to look up to as role models — it is vital that the message they send is drug-free,” McCaffrey said at the time. “The goal of this whole effort must be to prevent Olympic medals and the Olympic movement from being tarnished by drugs.”

If you disagree with this then you don't understand the entire premise the Olympics were founded on by the early
Greeks.
If you're referring to Bill Bennet, never in my lifetime have I seen a man less qualified to take on the role he was given. Worst hire in the history of hires. We live in a diverse nation. Not a one size fits all mentality. This idiot was a joke of a drug czar.

Bushay

NHL Expert

Greeks.
We live in a different time. Those attitudes are archaic. The premise is sound. The reality is not.

Heim

EOG Master
If you're referring to Bill Bennet, never in my lifetime have I seen a man less qualified to take on the role he was given. Worst hire in the history of hires. We live in a diverse nation. Not a one size fits all mentality. This idiot was a joke of a drug czar.

He was during the Bush administration. McCaffery who I quoted was during Clinton's.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Pound remembered McCaffrey’s office as being “insistent” on keeping marijuana on the banned list. “Barry McCaffrey was very much committed to keeping marijuana there,” he said.

For some advocates, Richardson’s suspension served as an echo of that era. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) called the decision to suspend Richardson “rooted solely in the systemic racism that’s long driven anti-marijuana laws.”
“Drug testing is yet another tool of the drug war, and it’s a failure,” Drug Policy Alliance Executive Director Kassandra Frederique said in a statement. “Sha’Carri’s suspension serves as a cautionary tale and a reminder of how insidious the drug war is in our everyday lives, far beyond the carceral state. Drug testing does nothing to show current impairment. The USADA must undo this archaic, inhumane, and unscientific policy.”
President Biden chimed in Saturday: “Everybody knows of the rules going in. Whether they should remain the rules is a different issue, but the rules are the rules. ... I was really proud of the way she responded.”

The role of image-conscious corporate sponsors also has helped maintain prohibitions on cannabis. In 2009, months after winning eight gold medals at the Beijing Olympics, decorated American swimmer Michael Phelps lost several sponsors and earned a three-month suspension after a video of him smoking marijuana surfaced.
“I think that really answers the question on why this drug continues to be banned,” Catlin said. “In general across sport, this is a drug that has been illegal and continues to be illegal in many countries. It’s just the simple reality that sport in the Olympic movement and other areas outside of the Olympic movement just don’t want to be associated with that illegal drug connotation. … It’s certainly the money and sponsors that I think really keeps it prohibited and will continue to keep it prohibited for some time.”

Heim

EOG Master
We live in a different time. Those attitudes are archaic. The premise is sound. The reality is not.

Yup that's the argument for people who have never run track.

After Noah Lyles won the 200 in the trials (Final) after being beaten in the semis by
the 17 year old phenom from Florida he was asked what changed, his response,
I finally relaxed.

Guess what THC does?

You run best relaxed, any high school coach will tell you that.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Yup that's the argument for people who have never run track.

After Noah Lyles won the 200 in the trials (Final) after being beaten in the semis by
the 17 year old phenom from Florida he was asked what changed, his response,
I finally relaxed.

Guess what THC does?

You run best relaxed, any high school coach will tell you that.
So relaxing now should be illegal? WTF?

Are you listening to what you're saying here? lol

They are running their best by being relaxed. According to you and Noah.

THC is not giving them a high, or an added benefit to propel them higher. It's allowing them to be their best the way god and nature want and say is good. Just relax and be all you can be. And you want to keep that equation illegal.

What is WRONG with that?

It's helping to give them their natural edge, not an unnatural edge.

This is a good topic for debate actually.

MrTop

EOG Master
i see why is the gov't giving someone a docket number when he was driving a car / accident when he took the meds yesterday ?

phony tests = money