Eagles trade Ertz to Arizona…

blueline

EOG Master
He was told about the trade before the thursday game and given the choice as to which game to play in

kane

EOG master
He was told about the trade before the thursday game and given the choice as to which game to play in
That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So you're saying the Cardinals completed the trade for Ertz, but they agreed to allow him to play another game for the Eagles? How stupid could Arizona be? What if he gets hurt playing for the Eagles? It doesn't make any sense

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. So you're saying the Cardinals completed the trade for Ertz, but they agreed to allow him to play another game for the Eagles? How stupid could Arizona be? What if he gets hurt playing for the Eagles? It doesn't make any sense
Easy, you just say we'll finalize after the game if he comes out ok, but everyone knows the deal is dependent on that. Good on both teams, gave Ertz a chance for one last game in Philly and Cards probably wouldn't have been able to use him much this week.

blueline

EOG Master

flipping channels this morning its what the fox nfl insider guy...jay glazer?....said

blueline

EOG Master
he finished it by saying ertz flew to PHX after the eagle game for a physical and also wanted to fly on the flight from PHX-CLE with his new teammates so he could get to know them

kane

EOG master
Easy, you just say we'll finalize after the game if he comes out ok, but everyone knows the deal is dependent on that. Good on both teams, gave Ertz a chance for one last game in Philly and Cards probably wouldn't have been able to use him much this week.
Sorry Bill, but I'm entrenched in my position, it makes zero sense to trade for a guy, and then allow that guy to play one more game for his former team, and of course if he gets hurt the deal falls through, but if you're Arizona and you just lost your starting TE for the season, you go and get the guy you want as his replacement, so if Ertz gets hurt, now you have to find another tram to trade with, it makes zero sense to allow Ertz to play a game for a team he doesn't play for anymore

Sorry Bill, but I'm entrenched in my position, it makes zero sense to trade for a guy, and then allow that guy to play one more game for his former team, and of course if he gets hurt the deal falls through, but if you're Arizona and you just lost your starting TE for the season, you go and get the guy you want as his replacement, so if Ertz gets hurt, now you have to find another tram to trade with, it makes zero sense to allow Ertz to play a game for a team he doesn't play for anymore
you want happy player coming over not a disgruntled one. AZ has zero to lose since trade would be off if he got injured.

kane

EOG master
you want happy player coming over not a disgruntled one. AZ has zero to lose since trade would be off if he got injured.
If Ertz gets hurt the trade is off, but what does Arizona do? They would have needed to find another team willing to trade them their TE, since Ertz was the guy they targeted, that means they would now have to try and trade for their second choice. Ertz was the guy they wanted, by allowing him to play for the Eagles they risked losing the guy they wanted and instead would have settled for a lesser player. It makes no sense to allow Ertz to play a game for a team that just trade him. As far as wanting a happy player, Ertz is a veteran, he's a pro, he understands how the business works, I doubt he would have been disgruntled had the Cardinals denied him playing his last game with Philly.

kane

EOG master
Imagine the Dodgers allowing Scherzer to make one more start for the Nats before coming to LA, it's absurd

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Agree with Kane on this, that makes no sense. It’s not like the Cards can just move on to Plan B. What if Ertz contracted Covid in that game?

Valuist

EOG Master
No.

He already played in Week 6.

I seem to remember Randy Moss getting traded mid week after playing in a Thursday night game. I thought he played in the Sunday game too, but I could be wrong, or they could've changed the rules. He was traded a couple times late in his career; New England to Minny and Minny to Tennessee.

Remember Flores on the Mets a few years back? He supposedly knew during the game he was traded and was crying on the field. Have to side with Kane on this. If you trade for a guy, you can't risk getting damaged goods. Injuries are so rampant now, it's a bad risk.