EOG.com and FezziksPlace.com/LVA $5k PokerTourney Jan. 20 from WSEX. Signup details.

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
We put together a registration system for people to join for the $5,000 live poker tourney at the Golden Nugget on January 20th. This event is sponsored by the World Sports Exchange and will a combination effort of EOG.com with FezziksPlace.com and LasVegasAdvisor.com. I'm handling a lot of the organization efforts on this one for both sites.

To register, please click on this link:

http://www.fezziksplace.com/pokersignup.cfm

If there are any questions, just ask them in this thread. Better to answer questions publicly since others will probably have the same question.

See you there!

Slim,

It's funny you should mention that because David and I had discussed possibly doing exactly that...

Are you suggesting we put bounties out on the 2 pros?

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

Also,

If you are going to the EOG BLAST, I strongly suggest you REGISTER ASAP for this FREE POKER TOURNAMENT because we are handling the sign ups on a first come first serve basis...

OVBALL

EOG Addicted
Just wondering if this tourney is the same day and time as the EOG touney?
I thought the EOG poker tourney was on the 20th also?

dirty

EOG Master
I just signed up and One thing I think we should do is Make the Players get a Golden Nuggett Player card as well and then thier will be NO Discrepencies on anything...As you have to show your ID to get one

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
This is the EOG.com tourney. We're going to do this one together. Shrink wanted to know if we wanted to be part of it and we said sure! The more the merrier.

:+excited-

I posted on a thread yesterday that we were working together with Las Vegas Advisor/Fezziks Place to promote this rather large Poker tournament...

Since it appears FEZZIK will lose the 10k bet with me in our NFL handicapping contest, I thought I'd go double or nothing with him in POKER to see WHO gets knocked out first....

So therefore, I will personally offer a bounty on FEZZIK to the player who knocks him out of this contest (JUST KIDDING)!!!!

In all seriousness though, the more the merrier when it comes to POKER TOURNAMENTS and SPECIAL thanks to THE WORLD SPORTS EXCHANGE who is generous enough to provide us with 5 THOUSAND DOLLARS to distribute for prize money to the WINNERS (anyone who makes it to the FINAL TABLE)...

This figures to be a lot of fun and there will undoubtebly be some ringers there...

THE SHRINK

OVBALL

EOG Addicted
I also wanna Thank "The World Sports Exchange " too.....THANK YOU!:cheers

It's only Dec.6th and i am already getting excited about the "EOG BASH"!:cheers

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated
THE SHRINK said:
Slim,

It's funny you should mention that because David and I had discussed possibly doing exactly that...

Are you suggesting we put bounties out on the 2 pros?

Thanks,

THE SHRINK

Also,

If you are going to the EOG BLAST, I strongly suggest you REGISTER ASAP for this FREE POKER TOURNAMENT because we are handling the sign ups on a first come first serve basis...

Yeah.....A small bounty on each pro will make it more fun. Plus it will make it hard for the pros to win the tournament since everyone will be trying to take them out......I know I'll be trying to!:+signs8-1

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated
THE SHRINK said:
Since it appears FEZZIK will lose the 10k bet with me in our NFL handicapping contest, I thought I'd go double or nothing with him in POKER to see WHO gets knocked out first....

So therefore, I will personally offer a bounty on FEZZIK to the player who knocks him out of this contest (JUST KIDDING)!!!!

THE SHRINK

You should ask FEZZIK to go double or nothing to see who survives longer in the tournament. You play so conservatively, Shrink, so I know you will probably just keep folding and outlast him!:+signs11-

And to guarantee that he gets KOed before you, you just need to make sure I am on his table......you know I like to gamble! I'll take him out for you to win the bounty! :hung :+signs9-1

Why not also put bounties on HIGH PROFILE names who are also good poker players such as RealSlimShady, David Mathews, Fezzik, The General & Glaken? :cocktail

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated
THE SHRINK said:
Why not also put bounties on HIGH PROFILE names who are also good poker players such as RealSlimShady, David Mathews, Fezzik, The General & Glaken? :cocktail

A bounty on me would not be good.....I get into too many "coinflip" situations and I'm sure will get KOed if a bounty were to be put on me; there will be too many callers! :hung

THE SHRINK said:

I am perfectly capable of putting myself out ..... :+waving-5

It would be more challenging to have one on you though, so let's throw it out here for a vote?

I say YES for GLAKEN!!!!

Any others?

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
The General said:
David, Thank you and pass that word along to all the cooperate people at LVA.

:+thumbs-2

Absolutely. And I thank the Shrink for inviting us in on the fun!

I look forward to meeting with you and playing some cards. :+cool-1+

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated
THE SHRINK said:
It would be more challenging to have one on you though, so let's throw it out here for a vote?

I say YES for GLAKEN!!!!

Any others?

Yes on Glaken and The General....No on me! :+signs9-1

I just peaked and saw that 27 posters have already signed up to play in the Poker Tournament...

That's not bad for only having it out there for just a few hours, but remember, once we get to 100 entries, that's it, although I am sure we'll have a waiting list in case there are cancellations...

Just make sure to sign up if you want to play in this poker Tournament in Las Vegas...

THE SHRINK

count me in and am looking forward to meeting some new friends as well as old one's at the blast...jeffksu:+thumbs-2

general...good to hear from you as well and look forward to meeting up with you as well as the shrink and others at the blast...can you give me some details on it...won't be needing a room as i live here in vegas but am really looking forward to it...by the way congrats to you and the shrink on the new site...once again i do alot of reading and very little posting...thanks again...jeffksu

peteep said:
Ok I'm registered. Man it's gonna be a riot to put a face to all these names.

Wait until you see what Fezzik and David Mathews look like...

I nearly had a HEART-A-STROKE when I first met them...:cocktail

Last edited:

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
jeffksu said:
general...good to hear from you as well and look forward to meeting up with you as well as the shrink and others at the blast...can you give me some details on it...won't be needing a room as i live here in vegas but am really looking forward to it...by the way congrats to you and the shrink on the new site...once again i do alot of reading and very little posting...thanks again...jeffksu

Jeff, the poker tourney is to be held at the Golden Nugget up in the ballroom at 6 PM Friday Jan 20th and the BLAST is to be held at the Golden Nugget in the ballroom at 8 PM Saturday Jan 21st. I suspect a lot of us will just be hanging in the sports book most of the other times and I fully intend on hanging around Sunday to watch the NFL Divisional Championship Games. Hoping that them Colts can be there, but will be fun either way. I believe we will have a lot of goodies to hand out FREE as well.

thanks for the response and am marking my calender...thanks again, and am looking forward to it...see ya there...jeffksu

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
Just think fat and ugly and you have seen me.

Almost 37 yrs old and have gotten used to it over time. :+signs99-

RPM

EOG Veteran
shrink has seen me before. i visited his home. you should the seen the look of fear in his eyes when i went to sit down on his couch. he thought for sure it would collapse. most people don't realize sofas are rated for around 1300 lbs....

Put a bounty on the Green Doberman and someone will be very happy, very early.

David Matthews, can you send me an email so I can get you some info on a poker tournament I am hosting. I'm sure Glaken or Shrink will pass it along.

GD,

Are you playing in our Poker tourney and coming to our party?

P.S.

We already have 50 signed up to play in this POKER tourney in just 24 hours!

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
$5,000 Prize pool will be divided as follows:

1) 35%
2) 20%
3) 10%
4) 8%
5) 7%
6) 6%
7) 5%
8) 4%
9) 3%
10) 2%

My email is davidm at lasvegasadvisor.com

Make sure to replace the spaces and "at" with the @ symbol.

Definitely let me know about your tourney!

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
I had a number of questions about the payout schedule so I'm bumping this once again folks. If the prize pool were to get any bigger (possible) the %'s would stay the same, but people like me who are going to win will just win more.

:+textinb1