EOG's favorite team (Chicago State is OUT, UC-San Diego is IN)

The mighty Chicago State Cougars with the miraculous cover! JK, you sure you don't have any college eligibility left, they surely have some spots on the bench open. Bench players play the most important role on this team, they help engineer their once a month backdoor covers.

This paragraph from Action makes it clear they need Bob as a strategic advisor and JK to come off the bench:
Chicago State is among the nation’s worst in every single metric. Last year, out of 353 Division I teams, it ranked 349th in adjusted offensive efficiency and 351st in adjusted defensive efficiency per KenPom. This year, out of 357 Division I teams, the Cougars rank 350th in offense and 356th in defense. Just abysmal.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
There's a lot of fleas on those dogs.

That's a line I stole from a UNLV assistant coach when he described a Mountain West also-ran.

Not very flattering.

In all honesty, I try my best to avoid denigrating any college athletes.

I once called some of the little-used players for Arizona's basketball team "the bums on the bench."

Someone called me out and said, "Kelly, they're not bums, they're Division I basketball players."

I agreed with the criticism and changed my tune.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
With all the great high school talent in the Chicagoland area, you would think Chicago State could recruit a few quality players.

I attended a CSU home game last season and counted about 100 fans in the stands.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
EOG contributor SLEEPY loved betting UNDER in Chicago State games last season.

He was successful more times than not.

blueline

EOG Master
I have a friend who is there about once a week. I have been telling him for a couple of years to walk into the gym and do some secret scouting......nothing reported back so far.

cheapseats

EOG Master
With all the great high school talent in the Chicagoland area, you would think Chicago State could get a few quality players.

I attended a CSU home game last season and counted about 100 fans in the stands.
That's because the city continues to be active in shooting, just not with a round leather orb.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I have a friend who is there about once a week. I have been telling him for a couple of years to walk into the gym and do some secret scouting......nothing reported back so far.

Hard to keep boots on the ground during a pandemic.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
East Chicago would land you in Lake Michigan.

Though there is a city named East Chicago located in Indiana.

Last edited:
How do you get to being 35 point dogs to a school in the same city that's in a mid-major conference? Amazing they don't tell this program sorry, you guys can't play at this level.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Loyola's walk-ons sparked a 9-0 run that proved to be too much for Chicago State backers.

Final two possessions of the game: Loyola on a 30-second dribble out and Chicago State dribbled out the final three seconds of the game.

A new trend in college basketball: The trailing team dribbles out the game without a shot.

I always thought the trailing team would never surrender on offense, thus re-popularizing the archaic term "the old college try."

Last edited:

railbird

EOG Master
Loyola's walk-ons sparked a 9-0 run that proved to be too much for Chicago State backers.

Final two possessions of the game: Loyola on a 35-second dribble out and Chicago State dribbled out the final three seconds of the game.

A new trend in college basketball: The trailing team dribbles out the game without a shot.

I always thought the trailing team would never surrender on offense, thus re-popularizing the archaic term "the old college try."
Perhaps a player or 2 bet the other side? 357x15= 5300kids. How many of them are wagering? Ill say 50-200 and with more popup brickhouses closer to 200

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
With legalized national sports betting spreading like wildfire, the chances of an athlete getting mixed up in a pointspread scandal are at an all-time high.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Next up for Chicago State: Tuesday at Illinois State.

There's a real chance Chicago State could finish the season 0-26.

The Cougars may be a double-digit underdog in every game this season.

Best chance for a win: Back-to-back home games on February 26 and 27 against Dixie State.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Next up for Chicago State: Tuesday at Illinois State.

There's a real chance Chicago State could finish the season 0-26.

The Cougars may be a double-digit underdog in every game this season.

Best chance for a win: Back-to-back home games on February 26 and 27 against Dixie State.
If I were Chicago St, I would meet them halfway in case their bus breaks down. A lot of the CSU games weren't lined last year.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dixie St 2/26 and 2/27 @ Chicago St

Dixie St on the verge of being 3-0

I see that.

Dixie State basketball is transitioning to Division I.

The Trailblazers go from a D-II powerhouse to a likely D-1 also-ran.

Dixie State football remains in the FCS and they will compete as an independent.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Pomeroy's model makes Dixie State a 9-point favorite over Chicago State right now.

Let's see if the number changes after the Dixie State-Denver game.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dixie St 12/19 at home SAGU American Indian
12/29 @ Gonzaga

I see that.

If there were a pointspread on Dixie State's game against SAGU American Indian College, Dixie State would go from being a 35-point favorite to a 35-point dog in back-to-back games.

blueline

EOG Master
IL State 3 games ago put 177 on greenville.......look how many points greenville has given up this year

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
How bad is Kansas State? They lost to Fort Hays State a week or so ago. Fort Hays State??

Thirty free throw attempts for K-State against only nine for Fort Hays State.

The difference was the 3-point arc: K-State 4-for-21 while Fort Hays State hit 10-for-24.

Score one for Division II basketball.

Bruce Weber is in big trouble this season because the Big 12 is stacked.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
IL State 3 games ago put 177 on greenville.......look how many points greenville has given up this year

Unreal.

The headline on the Greenville Panthers website screamed, "Men's Basketball Surpasses 100 Points In Loss At Illinois State."

Nothing in the headline about surrendering 177.

I took Ill st -21 over 148 and Chicago st TT over 63 If the Cst can score 66 against NW how can they not put up more against ILL st?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Chicago State dressed only eight players against Loyola Chicago.

And only one coach (Rodell Davis) on the sidelines.

One assistant coach resigned and the other assistant missed the game due to family issues.

Head coach Lance Irvin opted out of the season this summer due to COVID-19.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
CSU's athletic department website described the 37-point loss to Loyola-Chicago as a "gutsy performance."

Haha.