EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (JIMMYTHEGREEK is our June contestant)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JIMMY needs 13 or more runs tonight at Coors Field to stay alive in EOG's Grand Challenge.

Advantage: BetDSI.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, especially after his great start, for being a good conventional handicapper.
But this contest is different, in the same way that blackjack tournaments require a different strategy than conventional blackjack basic strategy.
His bet last week, taking a +140 team, was probably +EV if he actually got 1.4 points for it. But he’s essentially taking even money on a big underdog, when there’s no underdog bonus. This is what ZzyzxRoad is talking about, he made major game theory and contest strategy errors.
There have been huge dogs over the past week and a half outright or so winning against big name starters which are enduring sub par outings. If there's not much I like as small favorites 110 either way, I'm going with a total as not every situation as a dog or a small price at times I feel are not ideal.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
JIMMY stands at 16-12 after 28 documented selections.

A record of 18-12 for a winning rate of 60% is necessary to conquer EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI.

Heim

EOG Master
I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt, especially after his great start, for being a good conventional handicapper.
But this contest is different, in the same way that blackjack tournaments require a different strategy than conventional blackjack basic strategy.
His bet last week, taking a +140 team, was probably +EV if he actually got 1.4 points for it. But he’s essentially taking even money on a big underdog, when there’s no underdog bonus. This is what ZzyzxRoad is talking about, he made major game theory and contest strategy errors.

That and you have to diversify a little. I know Jimmy doesn't follow anything else, which makes it even more difficult to beat the challenge this time of year.

jimmythegreek

That and you have to diversify a little. I know Jimmy doesn't follow anything else, which makes it even more difficult to beat the challenge this time of year.
I followed the NBA, Lord Stanley and the WNBA, I just didn't play them S much as bases which is the most concentration this time of month.

Stevo

EOG Senior Member
I understand the ?'s about whole # in this contest. Follow it every month. It's a fun read! Feel bad for guys who get off to bad start.

Good Luck!

Heim

EOG Master
They're going to get this in. Dodgers not back in Colorado until late September, and one date already scheduled for double-header.

jimmythegreek

They say first pitch now moved to 10pm est , but that was from 915

JK if this game gets rained out can I use Indiana Fever -3 -107 as a substitute?

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
No doubt you will win tonight,tomorrow my suggestion would be La Sparks wnba. They just played a few days ago, and Chic crushed them as La had to play at 9:00AM pacific, La I would suspect stayed in Chicago as they play again and Chicago is not that good to lay this many points. Also hard for a bad team to win back to back games against the same opp. Play has to be better than taking a dog in mlb or asking a total to win by more than one run, equitywise. Gl on whatever you decide.

jimmythegreek

No doubt you will win tonight,tomorrow my suggestion would be La Sparks wnba. They just played a few days ago, and Chic crushed them as La had to play at 9:00AM pacific, La I would suspect stayed in Chicago as they play again and Chicago is not that good to lay this many points. Also hard for a bad team to win back to back games against the same opp. Play has to be better than taking a dog in mlb or asking a total to win by more than one run, equitywise. Gl on whatever you decide.
Thank you pro. I will definitely consider that during the decisive process. However right now just looking to just get through tonight.

jimmythegreek

Yours truly gets a combined score of 14 which also qualified as a first 5. Jimmy eats this humidor for lunch, and with clear skies in Denver the rest of the way, improves his record to a sudden death 17-12. It comes down to one play on Friday night for all the marbles.