EOG's Grand Challenge presented by BetDSI (NOWSHESMYRUCA is our March contestant)

I can't tell if Oregon State is for real. They look amazing as of late.
I was afraid of the same thing going into the Tennessee game. They're playing great basketball their bigs are finally starting to play well and Oklahoma St doesn't blow teams out. They play close games and then in the final few minutes let Cunningham take over. Taking the points.

Lost one game by a free throw the other by a missed layup. The winners haven't been close.

I don't expect Oregon St to win but I'm taking them +3 and +165 ML 1st half along with the +6 for the game.

For the 1st time so far in the challenge I'm getting a better # (+6.5) than I actually got down at.

Going back to the Pac 10 well once again. I'm not nearly as confident in this play as I was with the 1st Buffs pick but their going up against a team in Florida State who just lost last week to what one no-it-all poster called "a garbage ACC team". Should be an easy W

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Going back to the Pac 10 well once again. I'm not nearly as confident in this play as I was with the 1st Buffs pick but their going up against a team in Florida State who just lost last week to what one no-it-all poster called "a garbage ACC team". Should be an easy W

I thought you were done feuding with ComptrBob?

It's the Internet, carry on.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
I thought you were done feuding with ComptrBob?

It's the Internet, carry on.

One of the strangest games this year was the aforementioned GT/Fla St ACC Championship matchup. FSU outshot GT, 28/50 vs 27/62, 8/15 vs 5/23 (3pt land), outrebounded GT 36 to 24,.

So how did GT win, you might ask? Well FSU turned the ball over 25 times to 7 for GT including GT having 15 steals to FSU's 1! Also GT made 10 more FTs than FSU.

If Colorado hits 3's like they did in their start against Georgetown (11 of 16 at one time), they will romp. OTOH. if Colorado plays like they did against Cal, they will struggle to keep it close.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Just another tidbit that I can't resist posting: The ACC has not had a losing NCAA tournament record since 1987.

This year they had 7 bids. Five got bounced in R1, Virginia, VaTech, GT, NC, and Clemson. They have 3 wins thanks to 11th seeded Syracuse with 2 and 4th seeded FSU with 1. Record so far is thus 3-5.

Getting back to 50% is heavily dependent on FSU winning against Colorado. I'm with Ruca, on the Buffs :)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Orlando opens the second half on a 20-6 run.

I'll abide by Ray Luca's rule: Final scores only.

Especially in the NBA.

Just took a 24 hour hiatus from all things sports betting. 1st time taking a break like that after crushing it, usually my brakes come after a few days of losing. Damn did it feel good to step back and just enjoy winning. A little extra pep in my step today.

Last edited by a moderator: