EOG's NFL Survivor Contest (Free shot at $1,000)

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#1
CONTEST BEGINS IN WEEK 2 OF THE NFL SEASON

Each NFL week, contestants submit a team to LOSE.

If the team loses, the contestant advances to the following week.

If the team wins OR ties, the contestant is eliminated.

You can only pick each NFL team ONCE during the season.

Entries must be submitted prior to kickoff of the contestant's game.

In case of ties, prize money will be divided evenly among all winners at season's end.
 
#3
TobyTyler;n7453723 said:
$1k

out of the woodwork they will come

Guys that bash this place all over will check in, on their knees, mouth agape
Agree, we should have a 100-post minimum, would take out WVU ghosts.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#5
railbird;n7453726 said:
why the 1 week delay?

More contributors with a chance to enter after our technical difficulties last month.

As for interlopers, they have no chance against the EOG faithful..
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#6
Special thanks to WINKYDUCK for serving as the driving force behind this competition.

And a tip of the cap to BetDSI for graciously funding the event.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#7
TobyTyler;n7453723 said:
$1k

Out of the woodwork they will come.

Guys that bash this place all over will check in, on their knees, mouth agape.

Add "mouth agape" to my EOG glossary.

Rough visual.
 

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
#8
John Kelly;n7453730 said:
Special thanks to WINKYDUCK for serving as the driving force behind this competition.

And a tip of the cap to BetDSI for graciously funding the event.
KUDOS to them. Way to go!
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#9
winkyduck;n7453733 said:
KUDOS to them. Way to go!

Thanks Winky.

And our signature contest -- One-on-One with "1" -- will be unveiled tomorrow morning.

I hope to recruit ComptrBob to leadoff the competition in Week 1.

Stay tuned.
 

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
#14
Pickman Jones;n7453763 said:
People can't jump in after week 2 right? If they don't get a pick in for week 2 they can't get in the rest of the way right?
Right

..................and my guess is JK will post a thread each week for people to post plays - this will make finding/grading all picks easier to do
 

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
#15
All the broke dikk moochers are lurking, waiting to jump in here inconspicuously as possible. Maybe throw a post here and there into another thread first so not as obvious.
lol on your knees
 
#16
winkyduck;n7453767 said:
Right

..................and my guess is JK will post a thread each week for people to post plays - this will make finding/grading all picks easier to do
That's good so Frank whatever that guys name was won't be getting in after week 10.
 

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
#20
railbird;n7453779 said:
should have a postup contest with 1000 added instead of free roll
I have a post up available to the sharps here if interested, as it is the 11th season, we have about 40 players already
and that will come close to doubling by sunday, I must warn you railbird, although you are great, most of these boys
are from wall street and are sharp as well. #ironsharpensiron

I will send out specifics later tonight when I am on the computer, and do my rough draft sunday baseball pre card.
 

raininthrees

Point Spread Nomad
#24
raininthrees;n7453796 said:
I have a post up available to the sharps here if interested, as it is the 11th season, we have about 40 players already
and that will come close to doubling by sunday, I must warn you railbird, although you are great, most of these boys
are from wall street and are sharp as well. #ironsharpensiron

I will send out specifics later tonight when I am on the computer, and do my rough draft sunday baseball pre card.
11th season running contests, as It's a new football season with some new progressive football contests
that are super easy but have but has strategy and skill, with fun all wrapped into one.
Your one time entry fee of 50 gets your team into 2 contests. approaching 40 signups already, signups close Sunday 1pm

Rules are included in this email below and on our contest(s) website. So what do I have to do?

1) Past members click and join both pools and New Members sign up at website and then join both pools

League Website: www.runyourpool.com.

2) You must enter each pool separately. Multiple entries? Yes, no max

3) Get familiar with both contests rules and ask me any questions, anytime.

4) Pay your entry fee

5) Email/DM me back to cast your vote on which prize pool will be 70% and the other 30%, majority rules.

6) Voting results will be announced after the Falcons at Eagles game on Thursday Sept 6th before Sunday Week #1.


Contest #1

Pick 3 Football

-pick only 3 games versus the VEGAS SPREAD each week, earn 1 point for every winning selection

-of your 3 games, pick one game as your "best bet" to earn 1 bonus point each week

-so that means a perfect 3-0 week will earn you 4 points total

-most points at the end of the regular season wins 1st and 2nd

Sign-Up Instructions for Pick 3
Pool ID: 100257
PW: justpick3

http://www.runyourpool.com/join/pool_info.cfm?id=100257&p=justpick3

Contest #2

Bankroll Builder Football

-everyone starts the season with 1000 wager credits

-select teams just to WIN the game and wager your credits

-you must select a minimum of a least 2 games per week

-minimum wager per game 50 and maximum wager 1000 per game

-games that end in a tie are a loss

-most credits at the end of regular season wins 1st and 2nd

Sign-Up Instructions for Bankroll Builder
Pool ID:100307
PW: justbuild

http://www.runyourpool.com/join/pool_info.cfm?id=100307&p=justbuild

questions send them my way via DM and some of you have my email already
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#26
Pickman Jones;n7453763 said:
People can't jump in after week 2 right? If they don't get a pick in for week 2 they can't get in the rest of the way right?

Correct.

Week 2 is the starting point and ending point.
 

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
#30
333 post MIN come on JK respect the people who have helped this forum for years!

do a less than 333 post side contest for $33 or something to get perhaps some others to join up and particiapte.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#32
trytrytry;n7453933 said:
333 post MIN come on JK respect the people who have helped this forum for years!

do a less than 333 post side contest for $33 or something to get perhaps some others to join up and particiapte.

Post minimums do not interest me, Try3.

Too many quality lurkers to not include them.

I'll keep a close eye on anyone trying to flood the entry box..
 

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
#33
John Kelly;n7454078 said:
Post minimums do not interest me, Try3.

Too many quality lurkers to not include them.

I'll keep a close eye on anyone trying to flood the entry box..
You should post a new thread every week so people can post in 1 area making it easier to see all plays. Let it known: Picks will only be counted in the official weekly thread........anything else is the same as not submitting a pick
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#34
winkyduck;n7454082 said:
You should post a new thread every week so people can post in 1 area making it easier to see all plays. Let it known: Picks will only be counted in the official weekly thread........anything else is the same as not submitting a pick

Good idea, Winky.

This thread will serve as our Week 2 contest thread.

I'll start a new thread for Week 3 on Monday, September 17.
 

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
#39
Week 2 submissions (Our survivor pool with a "twist")


Dell Dude...New York Jets
Pickman Jones...Jacksonville Jaguars
Bimmercando...Oakland Raiders
Scrimmage...Carolina Panthers
Vegas Vic...Cleveland Browns
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top