FIFA Women's World Cup

choslamshe

EOG Master
5 games in, 5 easy UNDERS.

Spain beat Costa 3-0 but the stats in the game were embarrassingly lopsided. Spain was up 3-0 in the 27th minute and it ended up that way. 77% possession by Spain. Goal attempts were...lol...45-1 for Spain. 12 of them on target. 22-1 corners.

I think there are 8 new teams to the tournament this year and tons of blowouts (supposedly) on the horizon.

USA opens up against Vietnam tonight, total is set at 6. If they care, and don't care about embarrassing their opponent, 10 goals is not out of the question. Yet as these first five games have kicked off, I can't help but be disgusted at the level of quality and finishing by some of these 'top' teams. Canada is supposed to contend, and aside from a missed penalty by their dinosaur, not a sniff of a good chance to score in the game, as almost -300 favorites.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sam Kerr missed the opener with a mild calf injury for Australia.

Kerr could return as early as Australia's third tournament game.

The New York Times profiled Sam Kerr earlier this week.

Sam likes tall blondes.

So do I.

1689952758720.png

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Sam Kerr missed the opener with a mild calf injury for Australia.

Kerr could return as early as Australia's third tournament game.

The New York Times profiled Sam Kerr earlier this week.

Sam likes tall blondes.

So do I.

View attachment 7469455

Ditto.

Sam no doubt gets to kiss more of them than we do.

Here is a little known fact: Wilt Chamberlain and I have combined to sleep with 20,000.5 women

Last edited by a moderator:

Crazy Pete

EOG Addicted
I have not followed the WWC too closely, but I am a captive audience to it when I’m in a sports book. From what I’ve seen, the caliber of women’s soccer play is pathetic. My God, I was stuck watching USA versus Vietnam. The Vietnamese goalie was super short, which is a huge handicap for a goalie. A high shot just under the crossbar is out of her reach. Can’t punch away balls in a crowd. The other 10 players were relative midgets too.
Watched Home Team New Zealand get eliminated in a 0-0 Snoozefest with almost zero level of skill and no serious attacks on goal, just horrible.
The USA team loses to junior high school boys in friendlies. But I expect them to win, because almost all other teams, especially the Asians, have a skill level of maybe fifth grade boys.
And then ESPN gave them a giant award for being social justice warriors to get the same pay level as men. JFC. If the men’s team play the women’s team, and there was incentive for the men to play all out for 90 minutes, the over under would be USMNT -30.
Yet I would make the USNWT a big favorite in every game.
And their idiot coach does not substitute.
WWC is Pop Warner level competition.

Wade

EOG Master
the games seem very fixed. like the Norway-Philippines and Sweden-Italy games. both were pretty much the same. after 50 minutes they stopped scoring and then a goal after the 90th minute. makes you wonder. Norway lost to New Zealand, Philippines beat New Zealand yet Philippines lose to Norway 6-0? makes perfect sense.

Ray Donovan

EOG Enthusiast
The Raggae Girls(Jamaica)tied France 🇫🇷 & beat Panama today w/out their best player, Shaw, who was sitting out for too many Red Cards. A Draw vs Brazil gets the Jamaicans🇯🇲 on to the next round

Ray Donovan

EOG Enthusiast
🇳🇬 Nigeria's girls beat the home team Australia in a big upset too. Will Rapinoe see the Pitch(she didn't in game two)in game three ? Dennis Rodman's daughter, Trinity Rodman, can really play, one of USAs best

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Costa Rican women on Monday lost to Zambia, the lowest-rated team (#77) entering the tournament, according to FIFA rankings.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Swedish GK had the game of her life. Huge save after huge save. Without a doubt one of the weaker or even weakest womens WC teams in a long time, but they didn't deserve to lose this game.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Get Rid Of Penalty Kicks To Decide Winner.

That's The Worse Rule In All Of Sports.

And Fuck Extra Time.

If Tied After Regulation, Go To Sudden Death.

Play Till You Drop.

Winner Moves On Or Wins Championship.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Gotta say fading the USWNT was a great money-making machine.

Bet Vietnam +6 +115, Netherlands +0.5 +123, Portugal +1.5 -105 and Sweden +0.5 -135 plus to NOT WIN WC, -325 before the games and -500 going into the R16. All winners.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Not a soccer aficionado, but I see a problem with Vlatko Andonnovski, head coach of the U.S. women's national team.

He's a player's coach, my least favorite style of coaching.

I prefer stronger leaders.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Round of 16 teams to advance (USWNT was the only favorite to lose, Circa lines): Spain -700, Japan -265, Netherlands -1140, England -885, Australia -245, Colombia -210, France -1000, Sweden +155 (bet down to +135).