</TBODY>[/TABLE]
[TABLE]
<TBODY>

1 1/16 Miles | Open | 3 Year Olds | G2 STAKES | Purse: $400,000

$1 Daily Double / $1 Exacta / $.50 Trifecta / $.10 Superfecta

</TBODY>[/TABLE]

<!-- Runner info -->[TABLE="width: 100%"]
<!-- Header --><THEAD>

<!-- Column Widths: currently totaling 648, which is equal to the main table width --><TH style="WIDTH: 30px; TEXT-ALIGN: center"># </TH><TH style="WIDTH: 20px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2; TEXT-ALIGN: center">PP </TH><TH style="PADDING-LEFT: 1em; WIDTH: 200px">HORSE </TH><TH style="PADDING-LEFT: 1em; WIDTH: 120px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2">JOCKEY </TH><TH style="PADDING-LEFT: 1em; WIDTH: 120px">TRAINER </TH><TH style="PADDING-LEFT: 1em; WIDTH: 66px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2">CLAIM $ </TH><TH style="WIDTH: 31px; TEXT-ALIGN: center">EQUIP. </TH><TH style="PADDING-LEFT: 1em; WIDTH: 31px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f2f2f2">MED. </TH>

</THEAD><!-- Loop over each horse --><TBODY>

<!-- Choose the saddle cloth color -->[TD="class: programNumber"]1 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]<!-- Show nothing --><!-- Also Eligible --><!-- Main Track Only -->1 [/TD]

Neck 'n Neck
ML: 15-1

[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]

116 Lbs

[/TD]

I. Wilkes

[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]<!-- Show nothing --> [/TD]

Blk-On

[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]L [/TD]

<!-- Choose the saddle cloth color -->[TD="class: programNumber"]2 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]<!-- Show nothing --><!-- Also Eligible --><!-- Main Track Only -->2 [/TD]

Algorithms
ML: 8-5

120 Lbs

[/TD]

T. Pletcher

-

<!-- Choose the saddle cloth color -->[TD="class: programNumber"]3 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]<!-- Show nothing --><!-- Also Eligible --><!-- Main Track Only -->3 [/TD]

Fort Loudon
ML: 20-1

120 Lbs

[/TD]

S. Gold

-

<!-- Choose the saddle cloth color -->[TD="class: programNumber"]4 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]<!-- Show nothing --><!-- Also Eligible --><!-- Main Track Only -->4 [/TD]

Casual Trick
ML: 8-1

116 Lbs

[/TD]

N. Zito

-

<!-- Choose the saddle cloth color -->[TD="class: programNumber"]5 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]<!-- Show nothing --><!-- Also Eligible --><!-- Main Track Only -->5 [/TD]

Discreet Dancer
ML: 3-1

116 Lbs

[/TD]

T. Pletcher

-

<!-- Choose the saddle cloth color -->[TD="class: programNumber"]6 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]<!-- Show nothing --><!-- Also Eligible --><!-- Main Track Only -->6 [/TD]

News Pending

116 Lbs

[/TD]

D. Romans

-

<!-- Choose the saddle cloth color -->[TD="class: programNumber"]7 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]<!-- Show nothing --><!-- Also Eligible --><!-- Main Track Only -->7 [/TD]

Union Rags
ML: 2-1

122 Lbs

[/TD]

M. Matz

-

<!-- Choose the saddle cloth color -->[TD="class: programNumber"]8 [/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #f2f2f2"]<!-- Show nothing --><!-- Also Eligible --><!-- Main Track Only -->8 [/TD]

Csaba

116 Lbs

[/TD]

P. Gleaves

</TBODY>[/TABLE]

rdalert447

EOG Dedicated
Re: Fountain of Youth S.

I'm taking a shot with #6 News Pending 20-1 ml. Off the top of my head I don't recall ever seeing Romans train a Klaravich owned horse. Romans act is to win early for new owners at big prices, then eventually get fired due to his arrogance (Ramseys, Zayat, etc.). He's good and he knows it. He's been fired by the best owners out there and still shows up on the big days and puts over bombs.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I'm taking a shot with #6 News Pending 20-1 ml. Off the top of my head I don't recall ever seeing Romans train a Klaravich owned horse. Romans act is to win early for new owners at big prices, then eventually get fired due to his arrogance (Ramseys, Zayat, etc.). He's good and he knows it. He's been fired by the best owners out there and still shows up on the big days and puts over bombs.

I have no problem w that horse. Def huge price...GL

rdalert447

EOG Dedicated

Romans/Klaravich just won Race 3 at Aqu. 3-1. Romans is in position for a big year. He now has horses from West Point Thoroughbreds, picked up some from Goldmark Farms late last year, and now has a few from Klaravich. Something to watch for at a bigger price.

August West

Rambler

DC and Ray...will you guys be sharing any insights today? Ready to make some good coin today. :luck:

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I'll share but will be back around noonish

I'm willing to bet "Cat" likes Discreet Dancer :)

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I actually think Rdalert came up w the horse to bet

Remember, its not who do you like but who do you bet

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

interesting scratch...Reason given? racing in a different graded race in next 2 weeks or a problem with him today?

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

Splint problem, i heard. In a related matter, that's why you don't take 10/1 (or whatever) on Derby futures in February.

Discreet Cat

EOG Dedicated

Here's my pick for the FOY. I try not to post free picks more than once a week or so, but since it's kinda obvious who i like here anyway, here we go.

PS - Here's an interesting tidbit. I had both Kentucky Derby and Breeders Cup Classic futures on Discreet Cat during his 3yo season (80/1 and 200/1, if i remember right). He then completed the year undefeated, and i didn't cash either ticket. Still bitter about that. I stood to win a lot of money on him...

Gulfstream - Race 11

#5 Discreet Dancer (3/1 ml)

Barnmate of the favorite Algorithms, who is scratched. I was already leaning to this guy anyway, however, as he figures to get loose up front and could prove a very elusive target. Speedy colt by the supremely talented Discreet Cat set a Gulfstream track record in his debut, winning off by 10 lengths with a blazing final sixteenth in 5 4/5 seconds (despite having set a blazing pace up to that point already). He then stretched out to a mile on the class jump and it didn't even faze him, setting the pace in hand down the backside before opening up at will in the stretch. Figures to face even less pace pressure with Algorithms out of the race, and with that one being scratched, many will undoubtedly feel that Union Rags is now a lock, as this race has been billed for weeks as an Algorithms/Union Rags showdown, with Discreet Dancer barely even getting a mention. See no reason why Discreet Dancer can't beat Union Rags here, especially with that one almost certainly not 100% cranked up when coming off the layoff for the first of his two scheduled Derby preps. Won't be a big price, but should offer all the value (much the way Algorithms did when facing Hansen in that one's comeback race last month).

Ray Luca

EOG Master

GP Race 3 #6 Differentiate curr 5-1 Gaining on big speed favoring track last out only 3MTP, sorry

nydoc

EOG Dedicated

anyone in the 5th at aqueduct to beat the heavy favorite?

Last edited:

Ray Luca

EOG Master

FOY

Think i'm the only guy who feels its wide open. Only pup that can't win is the #8. Is it hard to go against #5 Discreet Dancer? I guess, but I'll be taking a price on someone else. Just not sure who yet. I really need to see odds. As mentioned thought Casual Tricks last was good despite the finish position. Also love the sire. The problem, what does he do today? He is inside of Dancer but Fort Loudon is inside of him. Think I prefer him to sit right off of #3 and #5 as opposed to going and feeling the heat from both sides...Rags has advantage of seeing what develops. #1 looks like he'll improve today and adds the hood and #6 news pending will be running late. See what RdAlrt says above.

I'll wait for odds

FakeMaven

EOG Member

1 1/16 @GP uses the alternate finish line and that should favour Discreet Dancer as it will be a shorter stretch. Recency favours the Dancer over Rags as well. Not sure that one will be fully cranked. Has graded earnings already. If I can find 2/1 or better on #5 I'm playing. The scratch hurt the price as I'm sure I could have found 5/2 with Algorithms in the race. The others are wannebees.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

1 1/16 @GP uses the alternate finish line and that should favour Discreet Dancer as it will be a shorter stretch. Recency favours the Dancer over Rags as well. Not sure that one will be fully cranked. Has graded earnings already. If I can find 2/1 or better on #5 I'm playing. The scratch hurt the price as I'm sure I could have found 5/2 with Algorithms in the race. The others are wannebees.

The combination of the horse has not shown us anything yet and a short price but should be shorter gets people excited. I get off a different way

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

21 minutes to post and the #5 is even money..taking over zealous action here I think..

FakeMaven

EOG Member

Dancer is the favourite in the double and pick 3 pools. Obviously unplayable at these prices.