Friday's Stronach 5 canceled

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
LAUREL, MD – The Maryland Jockey Club has canceled Friday’s nine-race program at Laurel Park due to a number of horses entered now under quarantine after a symptomatic horse at the track tested positive for the equine herpesvirus type 1 (EHV-1).

Friday’s national wager the Stronach 5, which was to feature two races from Laurel and a carryover of $154,931, has been postponed to March 19.

The Maryland Jockey Club will look to have the remaining horses on Friday’s program fill live racing programs on Saturday and Sunday.

Source: laurelpark.com

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'll swing the bat again on Friday, March 19.

Love the Stronach 5.

A $1 wager taxed at only 12% covering five designated races from Laurel, Gulfstream, Golden Gate and Santa Anita.

Five-race series takes place in a 90-minute window.

railbird

EOG Master
LAUREL, MD – The Maryland Jockey Club has canceled Friday’s nine-race program at Laurel Park due to a number of horses entered now under quarantine after a symptomatic horse at the track tested positive for the equine herpesvirus type 1 (EHV-1).

Friday’s national wager the Stronach 5, which was to feature two races from Laurel and a carryover of $154,931, has been postponed to March 19.

The Maryland Jockey Club will look to have the remaining horses on Friday’s program fill live racing programs on Saturday and Sunday.

Source: laurelpark.com
i have herpes on my eye, currently taking steroids.