Gabe

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Still don’t think Kershaw is a playoff choker?

Blow a 4-0 lead and 7-4 lead your team bailed you out of? Shameful. Admit it, it’s the best thing.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Re: Gabe

I escaped tonight.

Considered betting under 7, then under 9.5, 11.5 and 14.5.

Juiced ball at where else Minute Maid Park?

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Kershaw implodes in the playoffs 10x as often as the regular season. Best regular season pitcher I’ve ever seen.

Mediocre playoff pitcher. Not a small sample size anymore.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Mickey Lolich won 3 games in the ‘68 WS, including beating Gibson in game 7 at StL.

I’d still take Gibson.

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

I think Miller squeezed Jansen a little bit in the bottom of 10th in that decisive plate appearance to McCann. There was a strike just above belt over middle of plate that Miller called ball.

His strike zone was f'n awful all night, which should have helped pitchers, and we got 25 runs...go figure.

I wasn't watching live pricing on game, what was Houston down 4-0 to Kershaw in 5th?

Stevo

EOG Senior Member

I wasn't watching but read elsewhere a guy snagged some +1100. So I think that was the point it was at. 4-0. Could be wrong. Only saw last 3 innings.

Crazy shit.

Sleepy

EOG Master

Morrow

6 pitches - 2 home runs, 2 doubles, 1 ball and 1 wild pitch

has there ever been a worse effort in the history of the game?

ChiTownJoe

EOG Dedicated

Buck mentioned that Roberts said Morrow was unavailable for gm5, then he comes in and gets lit up.

I thought Roberts pulled Hill too early in gm 2, and I could have left Kershaw (supposedly best pitcher on planet - Smoltz) to get out of his own mess in 5th with 2 outs and having thrown low 90's in pitches. See at least if you could get him through 6. Guess he was thinking he might need him for 1-3 innings in GM 7.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Brandon Morrow did not allow a home run in 43 innings of work during the regular season.

He allowed two home runs last night after working a third straight day for the first time in his career.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

There was no reason to use Jansen the night before as well.........for the exact reason of maybe needing him for 2 strong innings last night. He looked gassed.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

Gabe serious question, if the Dodgers lose this year, do you think the fan base finally starts to turn on Kershaw? Not that they'll hate him, but at least they'll acknowledge these playoff problems.

Game 5 is always crucial, and the Dodgers offense gave him 7 runs in 5 innings and there wasn't even a lead after 5. That's bad.

richsox24

EOG Master

There was no reason to use Jansen the night before as well.........for the exact reason of maybe needing him for 2 strong innings last night. He looked gassed.
Was thinking this exact thing when Jansen was pitching in game 4 with a 6-1 lead.

yisman

EOG Master

this is what happens when you continually pull SPs after 4 or 5 IPs for no reason and overwork your bullpen.

yisman

EOG Master

Must be an NL thing.

Last year Joe Maddon badly mishandled his bullpen in the World Series (and throughout the playoffs).

This year Dave Roberts overworked his bullpen all season, rarely allowing his starters to throw 90+ pitches.

Valuist

EOG Master

Must be an NL thing.

Last year Joe Maddon badly mishandled his bullpen in the World Series (and throughout the playoffs).

This year Dave Roberts overworked his bullpen all season, rarely allowing his starters to throw 90+ pitches.

The AL isn't free of bad decision making. Let's not forget Showalter electing not to bring Britton into the game against Toronto in 2016 post season.

JavyBaez9

EOG Master

dodgers fans crying like babies about the balls

Hill has been the biggest crybaby about balls recently b/c of all the blister issues and he says the ball feels the same