GameBred's $10,000 Challenge

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
As Doug/Fish mentioned, GameBred said it was impossible for a fair coin to come up heads 30 times in a row. For that to happen was impossible, it had to be an unfair coin. Don't take my word for it, go read the thread.

I am offering $10,000 to any poster who can go into this thread:

http://forums.eog.com/showthread.php/394182-Just-off-the-phone-with-quot-1-quot

And…

1. Quote me where I said it was “impossible” for a coin to come up heads 30x in a row
  2. Provide the post # where you pulled the quote from

If no one comes forward to claim the prize, then Patty is a confirmed liar.

Spoiler alert: Patty is a liar.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Re: GameBred's $10,000 Challenge

Damn, someone must have skull fucked this kid. Actually all I did was point out he was wrong, total meltdown mode ever since.

His challenge? Even if he could churn that out of his penny stock temp job the thing is ridiculously silly.

Here let me try one as irrelevant as his:

1 - Ten dimes to anyone who finds where I said Rumplestiltskin in that thread.
2 - Provide the post# where you pulled the quote from.

Sorry, all of the twists and turns, all of the odd talk, all the talk of analogies, probability, and now his find the hidden word trick you won't change the facts.

My sig tells you what his quote was. Read it below. The coin must be unfair to do it and he's stuck with it ever since. That was the singular argument I involved myself with.

Either you knew a fair coin could indeed throw heads 30 times in a row, or you did not.

He did not. Period. The end. Another 45 of these 7th grade challenges will not change a thing.

Game, set, match.

Out to the gym and squeeze 18 in hopefully. I know where Game will be, right here waiting for me.

And please stop folks with the congratulatory calls, PM's and texts. I'm overloaded here.

We move on.

:) :)

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Damn, someone must have skull fucked this kid. Actually all I did was point out he was wrong, total meltdown mode ever since.

His challenge? Even if he could churn that out of his penny stock temp job the thing is ridiculously silly.

Here let me try one as irrelevant as his:

1 - Ten dimes to anyone who finds where I said Rumplestiltskin in that thread.
2 - Provide the post# where you pulled the quote from.

Sorry, all of the twists and turns, all of the odd talk, all the talk of analogies, probability, and now his find the hidden word trick you won't change the facts.

My sig tells you what his quote was. Read it below. The coin must be unfair to do it and he's stuck with it ever since. That was the singular argument I involved myself with.

Either you knew a fair coin could indeed throw heads 30 times in a row, or you did not.

He did not. Period. The end. Another 45 of these 7th grade challenges will not change a thing.

Game, set, match.

Out to the gym and squeeze 18 in hopefully. I know where Game will be, right here waiting for me.

And please stop folks with the congratulatory calls, PM's and texts. I'm overloaded here.

We move on.

:) :)

I thought you would be the first to claim the prize.

Show me the quote, show me the post # and I will show you the $.

Either that or just admit you are a liar.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

You need help kid, seriously.

No one should create all these diversions, all these tales, all these lies rather than just admit you were wrong.

But to pretend you knew it was one billion all along on the odds? LOL.

Seek help. For real.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

GameBred isn't answering because I just realized what he did. He not only pretended to know the answer, he was criticizing others for not getting it as fast as him. In reality he never had a clue what it was. He was actually gloating about how fast he knew it?

I didn't know this because I either went to bed or got bored and quit posting in the thread. I just checked now and see that Game not only pretended to know the answer back on page 8 or 9, he's talking shit to others for not getting it as fast as he did.

I posted 6 billion which would have been 31.5 rolls, not 30, and he posted 20 times after that and never corrected me once. Had he known the first thing he would have posted was that it's 1 billion and I'm way off. He had no clue.

In fact when 2WPS guessed 2 billion, he still never said a word about that being wrong either except to gloat that someone came up with a different response than I had. Game had no clue, he was riding 2WPS and laughing that his guess was different from my guess. He never produced an answer at all himself until late in the thread and pretended he had it all along.

If he knew what it was he would have jumped down my throat immediately. And surely after 2WPS posted he would have. He wouldn't have needed to wait and throw that in my face after I had left the thread if he knew the answer.

That's one of the most duplicitous things I've seen in a long time.

I said from jump this kid tries so hard to make people believe he's smarter than he is he will resort to anything to achieve those means. Waits until I leave the thread, which when I did I was even chuckling about the fact Game didn't know what it was but he was riding behind 2WPS and using his answer to rub it in my face.

He never knew what the answer was but once he found out he had the balls to laugh at Cobbler and post it took him 10 seconds to find it. Wow. Some pretend to be dumber than they are, some pretend to be smarter. Game is clearly the latter. Just like I said from the beginning.

I don't mind the fact he thought 30 heads in a row could only be achieved with an unfair coin. I don't mind he equates one in a billion to being impossible. But to wait until I leave, finally get the answer, then pretend you knew it all along is incredibly duplicitous. And then pat yourself on the back for getting is so quickly? All that to fool people into thinking you're smarter than you are?

Wow. No smack here, that was just pathetic.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

So your story is you knew it was one billion all along, decided to give me a pass, not bust my balls for it, then 3 hours later mircaulously came up with it out of the blue?

And not only that, you were fastest in the forums at getting it.

I just did it on a basic computer calc and it took me less than 10 seconds.

Pathetic dude. No smack, you need some self-esteem assistance.

Good luck.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

So your story is you knew it was one billion all along, decided to give me a pass, not bust my balls for it, then 3 hours later mircaulously came up with it out of the blue?

And not only that, you were fastest in the forums at getting it.

Pathetic dude. No smack, you need some self-esteem assistance.

Good luck.

Click on your computer’s calculator icon and take 10 seconds to do this:

1. .5^30 = 0.000000000931322574615478515625

2. 1 / 0.000000000931322574615478515625 = 1,073,741,824

3. 1,073,741,824 * 2 = 2,147,483,648

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

And you knew that all along? You just decided not to correct me for 3 hours or so and then when I leave the thread announce how easy it was?

LOL.

You will do ANYTHING to make people think you're smarter than you are, son.

I almost don't have the heart to kick you any longer.

Glad someone finally PM'd you how to figure it.....

To go from ignorant to Mr-Know-it-All for the benefit of the forum when it's obvious you didn't know the answer is just outrageously silly.

You must really feel you have noting else to offer for you to go this far with all this stuff?

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

And you knew that all along? You just decided not to correct me for 3 hours or so and then when I leave the thread announce how easy it was?

LOL.

You will do ANYTHING to make people think you're smarter than you are, son.

I almost don't have the heart to kick you any longer.

Glad someone finally PM'd you how to figure it.....

To go from ignorant to Mr-Know-it-All for the benefit of the forum when it's obvious you didn't know the answer is just outrageously silly.

You must really feel you have noting else to offer for you to go this far with all this stuff?

You never asked to see the calculation. Had you asked me 3 hours ago or whatever, I would have shown you.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

LOL. If you had any idea what the answer was, especially since it only took a genius like you 10 seconds, you would have posted it.

You were using other people's answer to mock me, why wouldn't you have just posted the right one if you knew it?

Naw, after coming up with every insult you could think of, you chose to sit on the right answer for 3 hours until I left the thread rather than mock me with it?

LMAO! :)

Now proving to be a liar? Come on dude, be better than this.

You don't multiple by 2. That's your mistake. I'll bet the max that your answer for expected flips to get 30 heads in a row is wrong.

You copied my answer for 30 heads in 30 flips.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR

You guys come to me, I don't go to you, ever.

Wise choice....

Surrender noted.

Now I'll leave you to the others since I got you to admit you claimed to know the answer back from the start.

I just made a $100 bucks, someone said even you wouldn't stoop to that level trying to impress the forum.

He was wrong.

Thanks.

bred - $10k your answer is wrong. CB can judge.

Now go PM a few people and figure out what you did wrong.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

You don't multiple by 2. That's your mistake. I'll bet the max that your answer for expected flips to get 30 heads in a row is wrong.

You copied my answer for 30 heads in 30 flips.

If a coin is fair, it has 2 sides.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

bred - $10k your answer is wrong. CB can judge.

Now go PM a few people and figure out what you did wrong.

10K to you if you show me where I said it was impossible for a coin to come up heads 30x in a row.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

You are changing the premise again. I said your answer in this thread is wrong.

Raiders, you guys are not reframing my premise, it is and always has been what are the odds that the coin is fair if it comes up heads 30x in a row.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

bred- you just posted your answer and how you came about that answer. Both are wrong.

http://math.stackexchange.com/quest...-of-coin-tosses-to-get-five-consecutive-heads

Can you point out where they went wrong? I could post a lot of links if you want. An extremely basic stat question is how many coin tosses can be expected to produce 2 consecutive heads, the answer since the beginning of time, has been 6. NOT 2^2........I won't post the expectancy formula again, it appears a complete waste of time..........................I want to kill myself every time I engage in these threads.

http://math.stackexchange.com/quest...-of-coin-tosses-to-get-five-consecutive-heads

Can you point out where they went wrong? I could post a lot of links if you want. An extremely basic stat question is how many coin tosses can be expected to produce 2 consecutive heads, the answer since the beginning of time, has been 6. NOT 2^2........I won't post the expectancy formula again, it appears a complete waste of time..........................I want to kill myself every time I engage in these threads.

I don't know if you posted a typo or if you went by gamebred's 2(2^30) = 2,147,483,648.

1,073,741,824 - 30 heads in 30 flips

2,147,483,646 - expected flips to get 30 heads in a row.

I figured you just posted a typo but gamebred posted the wrong formula.

bred
If you insert my calculation into excel, you will come up with 2W2PS’s # (2,147,483,648 to be exact), which is what concerns us and demonstrates that he and I are on the same page

here is the flawed math.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

Wise choice....

Surrender noted.

Now I'll leave you to the others since I got you to admit you claimed to know the answer back from the start.

I just made a $100 bucks, someone said even you wouldn't stoop to that level trying to impress the forum.

He was wrong.

Thanks.

Please tell him that I am sorry for his loss and that he can make 100x that once he proves that you aren't a liar... liar.

Show me the quote, show me the post # and I will show you the $.