Godolphin turns to Baffert seeking the elusive Derby win

Valuist

EOG Master
Why don't we just give every good horse to Baffert? Maybe a few to Brown and Pletcher. Everyone has to be a copycat. Nobody can think for themselves or outside the box.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fewer owners and now fewer trainers are making the Triple Crown achievement less meaningful.

blueline

EOG Master
Baffert on Coliseum: 'We'll stretch him out' for next start

Coliseum, a homebred son of Tapit for Godolphin LLC of Sheikh Mohammed al Maktoum of Dubai, wired the field in the seven-furlong opener Saturday piloted, as was Mucho Gusto, by Joe Talamo.

“(Coliseum) has been tough to work with, he wants to run off in his works and it’s been hard to get him to relax,” Baffert said. “Now we’ve got that race out of the way and we’ll stretch him out. I’m happy for Joe. He has put in a lot of time and work with him. He’s a good horseman and he gives me a lot of good feedback.”

Heim

EOG Master
So Baffert is their Calipari?....one & done if it happens, then retired to stud where their value is. Actually...I should say Barnes, Baffert doesn't do much training anymore.

Last edited:

blueline

EOG Master
this looks like a new option in the future pool

23 PP 23 ALL OTHER THREE YEAR OLD FILLIES
2 F Unknown Sire - Unknown Dam NL 121 Unknown Trainer 30/1

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
first time 2 turns. 1 mile. small field. an he rate just a bit. derby prep season as 3 year old on display 9th at santa anita

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
Godolphin will probably fire Baffert for that disaster of a prep to get a horse ready! what a clunker

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
another horse bet a bit on Derby pool #1 Code of Honor got beat bad in Gulfstream today. two good ones take a fall. not saying either is out of it at this point. but some favorites got crushed today

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Coliseum was listed as the even-money favorite in the program and 3/5 at post time.

He finished sixth in the field of seven.