Graham accepts Bush award ...

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
Graham Accepts 2006 George Bush Award
By PAM EASTON, Associated Press Writer

Monday, April 10, 2006

College Station, Texas (AP) -- A humble Evangelist Billy Graham accepted the 2006 George Bush Award for Excellence in Public Service on Monday.

"To be honest, when you first contacted me about this award I was very reluctant to accept it," Graham said to former President George Bush. "The words 'public service' usually bring to mind someone who has been active in government or politics, or perhaps a business leader or philanthropist. But that has not been my calling." The preacher said his calling has been to help people look beyond this world and onto the next.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2006/0...

* Wow ... and lets see ... former Winners include: Sen. Edward Kennedy of Massachusetts and California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger

* Bush
He called Graham the "conscience of our nation...." Thank goodness someone the bushies know has one. There isn't a single conscience in the entire family or the criminal administration

"No matter how deep one's faith, sometimes you need the guidance and comfort of a living, breathing human being," Bush said ... which automatically discounted Cheney and Rove