Gulfstream Thurs w special guest basher/brokester Willy Lee

pbovi

EOG Dedicated
Re: Gulfstream Thurs w special guest basher/brokester Willy Lee

$84 nice one!
It was good.....plus I punched the 2 to win and show..lol. My system will not work at Santa Anita since the double pools are so small...last race only 35K...so I am done for the day.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

post the shows here, i'll give you 10% rebate :)

Ray Luca

EOG Master

the 10% was a joke Bovi...before you go nuts lol

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

the 10% was a joke Bovi...before you go nuts lol
I know. The show habit will always be. I sometimes deviate from the 50/50 if it is a longer price like I did on the 1 at Gulfstream earlier that paid 7.80 (70/30). The goal is to protect the win bet. It is not unheard of to go 4 or even 5 straight races in the money without a win. If that happened it would cause me to change my betting. I have found that the show wagering protects against that as well.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Not a chalkie but I do expect Chickie Charms to win the 10th at Santa Anita. Don't think you see more than 8-5 though she is 9/2 at this moment.

mazeltrick

EOG Addicted

chickie charms obviously could win, but did you watch that last race? awful performance, squandering a perfect trip. winner returned to be up the track earlier in the week. total play against at a short price in my book. if she stays at 4/1 (which she won't) that's a different story. and Luca is right, you will see how insane your strategy is if you track the show bets.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

chickie charms obviously could win, but did you watch that last race? awful performance, squandering a perfect trip. winner returned to be up the track earlier in the week. total play against at a short price in my book. if she stays at 4/1 (which she won't) that's a different story. and Luca is right, you will see how insane your strategy is if you track the show bets.
My plays are based off the board. It has nothing to do with past performance though I do look for curiosity

mazeltrick

EOG Addicted

Seriously? I need to be a bookmaker. Oh wait, I can be once exchange wagering opens up

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

It appeared the horse blew the stretch turn. Yes, I got gypped on the show price with a 33 and a 9 to 1...lol.....I will track the next 90 days

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Seriously? I need to be a bookmaker. Oh wait, I can be once exchange wagering opens up
Handicappers can never understand what I do and how I do it because they pan over a racing form looking for nuggets. It frustrates them. I understand. You can look at my plays today that I posted. I believe there were 7. None were out of the money. There were 2 cold exactas at 91 and 84. I understand. It upsets most horse players because it undermines the need for a racing form. Trust me Mazeltrick, I hold my own

Ray Luca

EOG Master

This thread went from a $300 Exacta to a $3 show payout

:lol

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Handicappers can never understand what I do and how I do it because they pan over a racing form looking for nuggets. It frustrates them. I understand. You can look at my plays today that I posted. I believe there were 7. None were out of the money. There were 2 cold exactas at 91 and 84. I understand. It upsets most horse players because it undermines the need for a racing form. Trust me Mazeltrick, I hold my own

For the record, no racing form for me...

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I'll give you 3% rebate on the show bets for 90 days. Post em here...

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry

for show?

i get 8% online at a place like betonline but $2.20 and 2.10 wins dont get any rebate...

carib will however get you 5% rebate on any horse wager you make..they do cap wins not always track odds however..but if you really like a 2.10 show or 2.20 show payout u can play it at carib and get an extra 5% in addition..there are times thats a nice overlay...

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

i get 8% online at a place like betonline but $2.20 and 2.10 wins dont get any rebate...

carib will however get you 5% rebate on any horse wager you make..they do cap wins not always track odds however..but if you really like a 2.10 show or 2.20 show payout u can play it at carib and get an extra 5% in addition..there are times thats a nice overlay...
I cannot remember the last time I had a 2.20 or 2.10 show payout. I rarely play chalk. The last at S.A. was an aberration because the horse took a ton of money in the exotics. I have an account at B.O.L.

mazeltrick

EOG Addicted

i'm not frustrated, i'm salivating at the prospect of booking this type of action. i'll have to whet my appetite elsewhere until then. i'm not sure what holding your own means, but I can't wait to find out. until betfair gets their way, we won't know.

fwiw, i don't think anyone can survive just "looking for nuggets" in the racing form. i do look at the form, watch races, and have some of the best sources of information in the game.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

i'm not frustrated, i'm salivating at the prospect of booking this type of action. i'll have to whet my appetite elsewhere until then. i'm not sure what holding your own means, but I can't wait to find out. until betfair gets their way, we won't know.

fwiw, i don't think anyone can survive just "looking for nuggets" in the racing form. i do look at the form, watch races, and have some of the best sources of information in the game.
My system works and again, you don't understand it, and thus you think it does not work. Human nature. I have run into this before. I guess you can book 98% of all horse players' action and be profitable since the rake is too steep to overcome. I am not saying I kill the horses because for me it is just recreation, but you would be best suited to look to the squares. I have some nice scores along with some bad days, but as for today and what I posted you would have taken your lumps. It was not blind luck.

mazeltrick

EOG Addicted

you hit the nail on the head- i don't understand and i am always willing to learn. I have, however, talked to many system players over the years, all of whom do not use the form or watch the races and have yet to meet a single one successful over the long haul. can it be done? i'm open minded. educate me. are you in vegas? i'll be out there in the next few weeks. I'll buy you dinner. If it really works over time, I'll pay you for it. and i'm dead serious.

i'll never know until you explain it to me. and i'm a good listener, won't take me long to pick it up, i promise.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

you hit the nail on the head- i don't understand and i am always willing to learn. I have, however, talked to many system players over the years, all of whom do not use the form or watch the races and have yet to meet a single one successful over the long haul. can it be done? i'm open minded. educate me. are you in vegas? i'll be out there in the next few weeks. I'll buy you dinner. If it really works over time, I'll pay you for it. and i'm dead serious.

i'll never know until you explain it to me. and i'm a good listener, won't take me long to pick it up, i promise.
It will be a pleasure. I am in Vegas and I commend you for being open minded. You appear to be an intelligent guy and I am sure we will have plenty to talk about

Ray Luca

EOG Master

It will be a pleasure. I am in Vegas and I commend you for being open minded. You appear to be an intelligent guy and I am sure we will have plenty to talk about

Mazel is sharp. Never met him or anyone here but I had his handle written down long time ago...knows the game.

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Systems can be tweaked...Bovi you should keep records and see at what odds your system is profitable....another words you can play all your plays recreationally but step it up every time one of your system plays reaches whatever odds they become profitable. You need thousands of races for a good read but that happens fast if you start today. An example might be anytime one of your horses reaches 9-1 or higher the ROI is positive, send it in (and no protection) anything else pass or just have fun.

mazeltrick

EOG Addicted

pbovi- i'll PM you. thanks for accepting the invite.

Ray- never met you, but you know what you're talking about. any system that spits out short priced horses (regardless of whether you've seen them run) needs to be tweaked.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

Systems can be tweaked...Bovi you should keep records and see at what odds your system is profitable....another words you can play all your plays recreationally but step it up every time one of your system plays reaches whatever odds they become profitable. You need thousands of races for a good read but that happens fast if you start today. An example might be anytime one of your horses reaches 9-1 or higher the ROI is positive, send it in (and no protection) anything else pass or just have fun.
I must admit that I do not keep records, but I know, particularly in NY, which trainers are favorable when they take money (ie Bruce Levine), which races to avoid (maiden claimers), which races to emphasize (cheap claimers), and I do not play anything less than an 8 horse field. Narrows it down a bit. That is good advice.

pbovi

EOG Dedicated

pbovi- i'll PM you. thanks for accepting the invite.

Ray- never met you, but you know what you're talking about. any system that spits out short priced horses (regardless of whether you've seen them run) needs to be tweaked.
Most of the time I ignore short priced horses, particularly maidens, though there are exceptions depending on the strength of the money and the trainer. At SA in the last race, I did not know the trainer and that is where I am at a disadvantage when it comes to California tracks. If the system leans towards a favorite, it is usually a runner. When more than one horse pops up, I almost always lean towards the price

WeinketoWarrick

EOG Master

Just wanted to thank all you horse guys for your participation here. It's an area I'm no expert in, but I enjoy watching the ponies run as much as any sport short of college football and golf majors and I definitely throwing a few bucks down on them from time to time as well. Hearing long-time sharp horse bettors talk the game makes for a good read.

:cheers

Weinker you only like horse racing because its over in a minute or 2 just like your sex life,lol. :LMAO:finger004

Ray Luca

EOG Master

haha this guy hates everybody. What a troubled person, very sad when you think about it.

haha this guy hates everybody. What a troubled person, very sad when you think about it.[/QUOTE
]
Not everybody, just everybody who hates me. Guess that is everybody right Ray? It's all good to me. Ray does it really matter to you if you are liked or hated in cyber space? Sad if you do. People like you because you give them 10 winners a year, thats the only reason why. Except for JK he loves you for some other reasons,lol. Most people on here are not what they are in real life Ray. You come on as a nice guy here but in real life I bet you are a degenerate scumbag. I even doubt you even play any % of the horses you give out.:shoot:

Ray Luca

EOG Master

I even doubt you even play any % of the horses you give out.:shoot:

I do play w bookmakers especially round robins but watch the board more closely. I'm sure JHU and others can confirm odds dropping very close to post.

I do play w bookmakers especially round robins but watch the board more closely. I'm sure JHU and others can confirm odds dropping very close to post.

YOU JUST PUT YOUR FOOT IN YOUR MOUTH. DO YOU REALLY THINK ODDS DROP BECAUSE OF YOUR ACTION. MAN, YOU ARE IN OUTER SPACE. No horse or anything you give out @ Gulfstream will have their odds change due to your plays,lol. There are other cappers out there asshole that probably cap the same as you do.