Hocky playoffs

I am a part time hockey fan, I havn't watched a reg. season game all year, but when the playoffs start I find myself glued to the TV. I don't think theres a more intense sport then the 3rd period of a game seven when the score is tied. I love it. The bad thing is, I don't have a favorite team, I usually pull for the dog. .

Good post, there is no tougher championship to win then the Stanley Cup plus I love that at the end of a series no matter what each time meets at centre ice and shakes hand.

ChrisGo said:
I am a part time hockey fan, I havn't watched a reg. season game all year, but when the playoffs start I find myself glued to the TV. I don't think theres a more intense sport then the 3rd period of a game seven when the score is tied. I love it. The bad thing is, I don't have a favorite team, I usually pull for the dog. .

I went to my first hockey game Monday and I am now a San jose Sharks fan ..... :+thumbs-2

I was just looking at the playoff brackett, Why do they set it up where the #1 seed, plays the #2, in the second round instead of the conference finals? That seems odd to me. I think i'm going to root for Carolina this year. might even put a little on them to win it all.

ChrisGo said:
I was just looking at the playoff brackett, Why do they set it up where the #1 seed, plays the #2, in the second round instead of the conference finals? That seems odd to me. I think i'm going to root for Carolina this year. might even put a little on them to win it all.

After the first round all the teams get re-seeded

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
THERE IS NOTHING BETTER than the Stanley Cup playoffs - NOTHING

go to a regular season game - then a playoff game and WOW - you notice the difference the second you walk into the building - the tension and atmosphere is AWESOME

and NOTHING is better than OVERTIME playoff hockey where ONE shot can end the game and where my team can be on offense trying to win the game then 5 seconds later your team can make a rush down the ice and win the game. Playoff OT hockey can end in 10 seconds, 100 seconds, 10 minutes or even 100 minutes - you NEVER know when or how it will end making EVERY shot something you have to hold your breath on

and unlike the NBA - tha last 2 minutes of a tied/1 goal NHL game takes no more than about 5 minutes - usually less. the last 2 minutes of a 2-point NBA game can take as long as 30 minutes when you factor in each team can call usually 3 or more timeouts in that span

the NHL Playoffs RULE

as was pointed out there is NO TOUGHER championship to win than the Stanley Cup