Huggy Bear getting run out of his own gym

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Coast has 90 pts with 9 minutes left.

Favored by 10.5. Down 24.

Off season workouts start tomorrow at 5am.

Last edited by a moderator:

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
Huggy Bear has to be hanging on by a thread after dropping two F-bombs.

JK survived using the term here at EOG, but White, old, straight, men don't usually win battles with the modern PC crowd...especially at universities.

Last edited by a moderator:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Huggy Bear has to be hanging on my a thread after dropping two F-bombs.

JK survived using the term here at EOG, but White, old, straight, men don't usually win battles with the modern PC crowd...especially at universities.

Chicago sportsradio was going off today about him keeping his job. Yesterday they were crying because the Hawks won the lottery, they thought the pick should have been forfeited.

Heim

EOG Master
I'm still laughing at A's announcer Kuiper saying N**ger League Museum rather than Negro League the other day resulting in a suspension.

Nowadays, a little carelessness costs careers.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Huggins was arrested Friday in Pittsburgh and charged with driving under the influence. Police said they discovered him outside his SUV with a flat and shredded tire. They told him to move the car out of traffic and “observed him having difficulty maneuvering the SUV.” Per the police report, Huggins was unaware he was even in Pittsburgh, had no explanation why he would be in Pittsburgh, failed repeated field sobriety tests and later registered a .210 blood alcohol level.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
.08 higher for Huggy

Is 0.13 alcohol level high?

0.13 – 0.15% – At this point, your blood alcohol level is quite high. You'll be affected by blurred vision, loss of coordination and balance, and potentially dysphoria (anxiety or restlessness). 0.16 – 0.19% – The term “sloppy drunk” applies. Dysphoria will become stronger, and nausea may occur.

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Not lethal.

0.2–0.3% (200–300 mg/dL) Nausea, vomiting, incontinence
0.3–0.4% (300–400 mg/dL) Needs assistance walking, loss of consciousness
0.4–0.5% (400–500 mg/dL) Possible coma or respiratory failure
Above 0.5% (500 mg/dL) Possible death

railbird

EOG Master
kevin stefanski got a dui didnt miss a beat, they should give huggy a raise for calling out the faggots

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I have no problem with him joking about faggots and twannies on the radio. But this is termination quality. I've been drunk as probably all of you have. I would never think about driving and especially that drunk. He put people's lives in jeopardy. No excuse. Same thing that pos Tiger did and got away with. Both of them should be canceled.

Heim

EOG Master
He's had issues with alcohol at every stop. Popped a couple of times at Cincy, great coach, bad with judgement.

railbird

EOG Master
i bought his final 4 tickets for a 5 yr stretch, good guy. super down to earth. this was when he was at cinncinati

kane

EOG master
A guy on the radio made an interesting point, Huggy is a pretty big guy, he was estimating how many beers it would take for a guy of his size to have the blood alcohol level he had, he figured it would take around 30 beers, so he then asked, why is a 70 year old guy pounding that many beers? Sad ending to a HOF career. but he did this to himself, no one else to blame

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Normal would have been he was out for a social event and used poor judgement driving but wasn't fall down drunk. This is clearly not that.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
And did he drive so far and so long he crossed 2 or 3 state lines? Probably was at night as well. He must have been literally drinking and driving.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
He should go to prison for this.
He will go to a treatment facility to get dry as part of his buy out. In reality this isn't the first time he got caught by the police. Previous times were shoved under the rug.

Jailtime will be converted into a treatment facility. Thats what big time lawyers do

Heim

EOG Master
He'll pop up somewhere down the road. Besides alcohol, basketball is in his blood. Like someone mentioned on Twitter, Liberty....a emerging program. Nothing Big 5.

Woodrow Wilson

EOG Dedicated
He was well-known as a boozer around Cincinnati during his long tenure there.

With everybody now holding a cellphone with a camera, it's nearly impossible to get with away with bad behavior.

Especially an old-school white male coach like Huggy Bear. I was surprised he survived the gay bashing story.

I agree with Heim, he'll show up somewhere, despite turning 70 in a few months.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Met Higgins about 5-ish years ago.

I am reffing some high level boys basketball tourney in the Summer. I was at one site. The other had biiiiiiiiig names there all of the time. During my time at the place I was at I saw: Kermit Davis (Ole Miss), Ben Howland (Miss State...............funny thing was they were both there to see a team from Mississippi play - maybe to better judeg them against team outside the state/region), John Beilein (Michigan) and Huggins. Spoke to Huggins for a few seconds. Was nice to talk to but conversation wasn't all that deep.

Like Woody Hayes, shame his career has to end this way. Different set of circumstances but same sad ending - brought on by their own actions.