"I accidentally bet USC instead of UConn last night. Not the first time I clicked the wrong team."

"I accidentally bet USC instead of UConn last night Not the first time I clicked the wrong team. FUCK!"

Guess who?

Who else has ever done this?

When you bet the wrong side did you win or lose?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
A couple of times I bet 5 inning lines for big instead of the game, both worked out. They were sweats for sure.

Last edited by a moderator:

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
One time the Cowgirls/Packers played. I loved OVER. I bet it. 3-0 at halftime and they could still be playing some 10-years later and still wouldn't have gone OVER. I chalk it up to a loss. I log in to my account and find more money than I expected.

I saw I ACTUALLY played UNDER...............and easily won

I always take screenshots of my plays because I once had a book actually change my plays once the game started. I had no way or proving it until I took the shots and had proof. It was a credit shop so I ran up a massive amount due and then told them to fuck off since I had proof they changed some of my best after the games started.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I wanted to bet an MLB side laying a run-and-a-half.

My team went out and scored six runs in the first inning.

Shortly thereafter, something told me to double-check the wager in my betting history.

You guessed it.

No bet found.

I forgot to hit the submit button.

Costly mistake, miserable feeling.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I always double-check tickets in the race and sports books in Nevada.

I've seen too many horror stories to do otherwise.

Betting is a two-part process: 1) You have to call out the bet you want and 2) You have to receive the bet you called.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I always double-check tickets in the race and sports books in Nevada.

I've seen too many horror stories to do otherwise.

Betting is a two-part process: 1) You have to call out the bet you want and 2) You have to receive the bet you called.

100%!

I do not leave the window until I check over every ticket to make sure it is right.\ because I know once I walk away the bet is mine - whether I wanted it to be, or not.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
I make online mistakes when I get in a hurry. Trying to bet seconds before game starts. Happened a couple of times.

bimmercando

EOG Dedicated
Here's a good one for you JK,
I was playing blackjack online ( very late night )
and my mouse clicked on draw rather than stand
on a 20 and of course busted. Insane that the programmers
do not have an auto stand on 20's ( that are without 2 x 10's
or a hand with an Ace included ) like they do on 21's .

MrTop

EOG Master
best way not to make mistakes make a home made betting printout from microsoft excel -- with date, game # , team , price , amount wagered , win / loss, office where bet took place...etc... much slower process but you can check your work. Just betting on computer is quick but easier for mistakes.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here's a good one for you JK,
I was playing blackjack online ( very late night )
and my mouse clicked on draw rather than stand
on a 20 and of course busted. Insane that the programmers
do not have an auto stand on 20's ( that are without 2 x 10's
or a hand with an Ace included ) like they do on 21's .

No auto stand on 20 for this very reason.

Good story, BIMMER.