I am going VEGETARIAN from 3/15 till 4/15

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar
I am going to try and this should lead to weight loss and work right into our spring/summer workout thinking/plans. (The Cook and I). I want to give a really hard try one more time to get as fit as I can before I turn 40 next January. Anyone here a Veggietarian? Any thoughts or ideas before I start? I am only committing to 30 days, but I may find salad and soy and fruit to be the best for me.

Thanks

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast
Re: I am going VEGETARIAN from 3/15 till 4/15

Use this thread to give daily updates. Just want to see how hungry you are, what you eat, etc.

I am a halfway serious weightlifter and bodybuilder so don't think it would work for me but would love to know how all of that works for you. So that is just no beef right? But you still eat chicken or no? Yes to fish. I could do it but I have a fast metabolism and alot of healthy real food that are not meat or chicken are low cal. foods where I would be eating constantly. I can picture myself walking arounhd all day with a jar of low fat peanut butter to keep from starving.

Blondie

EOG Master

General, just make sure you find a way to get enough protein...

pvcpipe

EOG Master

Good Luck, General. I don't think I could pull it off.

The General

The lady who discussed this with me said she occasional will eat fish/steak/chicken/eggs esp a nice night out with her husband. I'm not a PETA freak by any means. But for this 30 days, I will refrain from dairy & meat as much as possible. We mostly eat a lot more protein than we need. Good point Blondie and I need to find a protein supp of some kind. I do a ONE-A-DAY. The last 2 nights I have ate 3 lbs of steak. Guess I want to get my full before this effort. Hopefully a lot of walking and bike riding this summer. Planning anyhow and I have that 40 year motivation. I'm going to give my best effort. The veggie diet thing is more for losing weight at a nice pace before I start the cardio work. We have tried hard for a year or so now I guess to cease with the junk food and greasy burger. Mostly ground turkey and chicken a long time now, but when you eat 5 breasts or 4 lbs of fish or 4 turkey burgers, you still get fat. :D

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

I used to have a big time weakness for fast food just because of the ease of not having to cook and more importantly, it filled me up. Lots of protein but also lots of fat. I went off of it and just feel a whole lot better

The General

It'll be like boot camp over where I lost 40+ pounds in 13 weeks eating lettuce and jello mainly. 222 lbs in, 178/180 lbs out. 203 was max for my height. Man I looked sick but I could run 10 miles. LOL

Blondie

EOG Master

The lady who discussed this with me said she occasional will eat fish/steak/chicken/eggs esp a nice night out with her husband. I'm not a PETA freak by any means. But for this 30 days, I will refrain from dairy & meat as much as possible. We mostly eat a lot more protein than we need. Good point Blondie and I need to find a protein supp of some kind. I do a ONE-A-DAY. The last 2 nights I have ate 3 lbs of steak. Guess I want to get my full before this effort. Hopefully a lot of walking and bike riding this summer. Planning anyhow and I have that 40 year motivation. I'm going to give my best effort. The veggie diet thing is more for losing weight at a nice pace before I start the cardio work. We have tried hard for a year or so now I guess to cease with the junk food and greasy burger. Mostly ground turkey and chicken a long time now, but when you eat 5 breasts or 4 lbs of fish or 4 turkey burgers, you still get fat. :D

Try miso soup General. It is very good for you and isn't too bad

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

what are ya a f/n rabbitt? ha , ill talk to ya after 4/15

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

I just had a Pizza with Pepperoni,Sausage, and plenty more. It was awesome. Good luck here General.

If one's goal is to live healthy, or "get healthy", why go vegetarian?

Meat is healthy, if part of a balanced diet.

Exercise, brother.

The General

what are ya a f/n rabbitt? ha , ill talk to ya after 4/15

:LMAO Love some Nedrow. :dancefool

I just had a Pizza with Pepperoni,Sausage, and plenty more. It was awesome. Good luck here General.

Thank you, Tom.

If one's goal is to live healthy, or "get healthy", why go vegetarian?

Meat is healthy, if part of a balanced diet.

Exercise, brother.

Exercise is the key no question in my mind. In military, I ate like a horse, but with all the PT, I was good to go.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

ANCIENT ORIENTAL PROVERB: "YOU MUST LEARN TO WOK BEFORE YOU CAN WUN". :houra

CONTINUOUSLY MONITOR RESULTS

STICK WITH IT!

BOL

WET US KNOW HOW IT GO

Here's the General by Wednesday....

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0KvsXW76cDs&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0KvsXW76cDs&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Not a vegetarian but Wife pretty much is and was even Vegan for a few years. The shit food offered in this country actually had the opposite affect on me for most of my life. I am 6'2" and was 135-140 since High School (33 now) but since I met her and went all organic I am now a very healthy 165. If you knew what was in the food we eat.........get the book Diet for a New America to start. I would be happy to help you any way possible.

gonna do some google searchin' and see if I can find you some Boca McMuffins General :houra

The General

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=700 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=300><CENTER><TABLE width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Ingredients

</TD></TR><TR><TD rowSpan=7>Spinach
Fresh strawberries, sliced
or Craisins! (dried cranberries)
Walnuts chopped
Onions chopped (optional)
Poppy seed dressing

</TD><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD>
</TD></TR><TR><TD> Poppy seed Dressing
5 T sugar
3 T Vinegar
? C oil
1 t finely grated onion or ? t powder
? t salt
? t dry mustard
1 T poppy seeds
</TD><TD>
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
</CENTER></TD><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=4 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD width=386> Directions

Toss together.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><HR>
Poppy seed Dressing:

Blender all.
Chill well
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=2><CENTER><HR width="95%">Tips</CENTER>You can, of course, substitute most any lettuce for the spinach.
Craisins are wonderful in this salad and available year round!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<HR width="30%">Author: Vegan Wolf

The General

Started the day off drinking on a 46 oz strawberry/banana Smoothie.

The Devil

EOG Master

PETE,

HAVE YOU CONSIDERED THE ECONOMY??

CAN THE MCDONALDS AND THE SUBWAYS IN YOUR AREA SURVIVE????

EGG MCMUFFIN SOUNDS GOOD DON'T IT PETE?????

The General

Yes, you evil Devil. Stop. :D

Dad called and wanted us to come over for breakfast. You know, THE WORKS. :hung

I'm passing though.

The Great One

EOG Enthusiast

Not a vegetarian but Wife pretty much is and was even Vegan for a few years. The shit food offered in this country actually had the opposite affect on me for most of my life. I am 6'2" and was 135-140 since High School (33 now) but since I met her and went all organic I am now a very healthy 165. If you knew what was in the food we eat.........get the book Diet for a New America to start. I would be happy to help you any way possible.

6'2" and 165. You call that healthy? Geeze, that is skin and bones. You should have muscle. Muscle is good. I need to bulk up a little and always looking to add on muscle and I am 6'5" and about 230. Soon to be a lean 238 in about 3 months if you smell what I'm cookin

The Devil

EOG Master

Yes, you evil Devil. Stop. :D

Dad called and wanted us to come over for breakfast. You know, THE WORKS. :hung

I'm passing though.

PETE.....I AM JUST BUSTING YOUR BALLS.....

I WON'T EVEN TELL YOU THAT I JUST HAD 3 EGGS OVER MEDIUM, 4 SAUSAGE PATTIES, SOME HASH BROWNS AND 2 ENGLISH MUFFINS WITH BUTTER........IS ORANGE JUUICE VEGETARIAN??????

The General

ABOUT AN HOUR HALF AGO, I ATE A BOWL OF JUST LETTUCE WITH A SMALL TAD OF POPPYSEED.

PROB A VEGGIE PIZZA TONIGHT LIGHT ON CHEESE (THEY DO HAVE THE LOW FAT), BANANA PEPPERS, MUSHROOM, PINEAPPLE, GREEN PEEPERS.

MIXED NUTS AND FRUITS.

ABOUT AN HOUR HALF AGO, I ATE A BOWL OF JUST LETTUCE WITH A SMALL TAD OF POPPYSEED.

PROB A VEGGIE PIZZA TONIGHT LIGHT ON CHEESE (THEY DO HAVE THE LOW FAT), BANANA PEPPERS, MUSHROOM, PINEAPPLE, GREEN PEEPERS.

MIXED NUTS AND FRUITS.

Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day so I have asked for a ruling from the American Dietary Association on the imapct of beer drinking ingredients on a vegetarian diet...

Barley is a cereal grain.
Hops are a flowering vine.
Yeast is a fungus.
And water, well, what diet says not to drink water?

Therefore, you may have as much beer as you desire on St. Patrick's Day.

Dante

EOG Veteran

General, your wrong my friend

any diet like this to an extreme will not work...BALANCE your meals eat smaller portions. ( Fill a dessert size plate with your main course instad of a dinner plate) .. and exercise at least 5 times a week

No General. The beer-drinking diet is the way to go.

Get up early and start drinking heavily. Pass out before noon and then you won't even be tempted by lunch or dinner.

Richkas

EOG Veteran

I am going to try and this should lead to weight loss and work right into our spring/summer workout thinking/plans. (The Cook and I). I want to give a really hard try one more time to get as fit as I can before I turn 40 next January. Anyone here a Veggietarian? Any thoughts or ideas before I start? I am only committing to 30 days, but I may find salad and soy and fruit to be the best for me.

Thanks

Whats next?? Church?? Helping the homeless?? Helping the elderly??