I hate CBS.....How they do their Coverage

dirty

EOG Master
we had the Lville and AM game for most of the game.... damn gets to 3 1/2 minutes left in a 3 point game and they switch to a BC/Gtown game that just started for some unknown reason here In ATL...

If it is Regional, then Louisville is closer to us than DC or Boston.... let the damn game finish then go to this game....Holy fukkin hell :+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping

Re: I hate CBS.....How they do their Coverage

Do you get all the games? I get a blackout message for the Louisville/Texas A&M game. I live nowhere near Louisville, A&M, or Lexington (game site), but do have Comcast (if that matters).

dirty

EOG Master

I just watch CBS... whatever game they show me is what I get....I did not pay for the extra Package with DTV. If I try to turn to one of those channels it is blacked out...

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Their coverage has gotten worse over the years.

I was always a fan of the split screens they used to have years ago.

nhlfan

EOG Member

we had the Lville and AM game for most of the game.... damn gets to 3 1/2 minutes left in a 3 point game and they switch to a BC/Gtown game that just started for some unknown reason here In ATL...

If it is Regional, then Louisville is closer to us than DC or Boston.... let the damn game finish then go to this game....Holy fukkin hell :+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping:+whipping

Yeah. It pisses me off too. I mean why show a game that is just starting with no excitement when you have a close game nearing the end. Basketball is at it's most exciting in the last 2 minutes. Finish showing the game you were showing to the end then switch to the other game just starting in the first half. Friggin' hell!

pags11

EOG Dedicated

and then you try to watch some of them on the net and they black them out...like today with the USC vs. Texas game (our local game was Nevada vs. Memphis)...frustrating...

Worst part is on cable they have this supposedly extended coverage so you can watch every game, but today whenever they did live look ins they took off coverage on all the alternate channels. Even worse here in Vegas they show the end of the early game while the Rebels are building up an early lead. Couldn't watch the Rebels anywhere, had to just wait until the other game finished. What if it had gone OT, were local fans supposed to wait until midway through the first half?

dirty

EOG Master

Again Yesterday.... We had a Good UF and Purdue game going....and for some reason they switch us to VaTech and S Illinois....Then at the end they go from Vatech back to the end of the UF game...We see the last minute then they take us to the start of the Memphis game and not the end of the Va Tech game... craziest shit I have saw....

dirty

EOG Master

The technology is there... I just don't see why they don't let you choose which feed or game you want to see...Kind of Like a Free Pay per view if you have digital Cable or Sattelite (HD as well). Put all games in a list and let you choose which game you want to see....Then if they want to do cutins for other games do the screen half and half....And damn sure don't cut away from a 5 point ballgame with 3 minutes left to show the start of another game.... GDSBMFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Problem is...ESPN is not Free TV... They would have to do it on ABC...and CBS has had the games so long they will never go anywhere else unless they don't want the coverage... Like MNF... it would have been at ABC for life until they decided to let it go and let other Networks including ESPN bid for the contract...Things Like that are an Institution and really do as they wish....

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Sounds to me like they were switching you to the ACC games to start. I get so damn tired of CBS assuming that since we live in the market of one school that we care about watching every school in that conference.

dirty

EOG Master

I agree Jacks.... but what gets you is UGA is only 40 miles from ATL as well... I am dead center in the middle of Athens and ATL.... and We are In SEC country I can assure you.... even as a ACC fan myself, but damn... let a game finish

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

ESPN has themselves, ESPN 2, U, 360, deportes, and the full court package. With no more than 4 games going on at once during the big dance, their package can easily cover the conference tournament games as well as the big dance thanks to the capacity of their channels. Detroitdennis said it best. If they can cover all of the women's tournament games then why not the mens? As insurance they could also use ABC since they are all in the same family. Totally makes no sense.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated

Doesn't CBS have it under contract through 2013?

Did anybody buy the DTV package? Cheaper than going to Las Vegas????