Iona/BYU

The biggest question is the status of Hartstock's knee. He's the heart and soul of the Cougars and presents the biggest mismatch for Iona. Hartstock says he's good to go, but Small forward Rodgers gives a different account. I need to hire Rockford to get me the real lowdown.

Iona versus BYU should be interesting matchup
By Dick Harmon, Monday, March 12, 2012 at 7:54 am MST
3 comments
Jeff Call and I are at the Salt Lake International Airport this morning in a quick turn around to get to Dayton, Ohio after Sunday?s selection show and Tuesday?s first round NCAA game with Iona.

This should be an interesting matchup with Iona?s smaller but quicker size against Cougar rebounding and superior post play. *A key will be how Noah Hartsock plays and BYU?s guards have to step up on both ends of the court.

I spoke to Hartsock on Sunday and he said he is ready to go, no hesitance in his voice at all. *His problem has been a bad ankle, coupled with that nasty twisting fall against Santa Clara that wrenched his knee.

The official photographer for Santa Clara sent me a photo graph of the play in which Hartsock got injured. *He grabbed the rebound just before a Santa Clara player crashed into him, hopping on Hartsock?s upper body, placing more than 450 pounds on him as he turned and pivoted.

Hartsock, right before he crashes with weight of Santa Clara's Yannick Atanga.
As Stephen Rogers left the BYU Broadcast Building, I caught his eye and asked how he was doing. *?Not good,? he said. *Apparently he reinjured his knee in practice late last week.

These injuries have hurt the Cougars. *It?s been three years of these at this time of year if you remember Tyler Haws getting hit in the eye in the MWC tournament right before he left for his mission as a freshman. *Last year Jimmer Fredette injured his calf muscle before halftime of that overtime loss to Florida and was not the same in the second half and overtime.

If Hartsock is indeed OK, it looms large for Dave Rose. *Hartsock is the heart and soul of this team because he is so dependable on both ends of the court.

http://harmonshalftime.blogs.deseretnews.com/files/2012/03/Hartsock-injury-photo.jpg

Re: Iona/BYU

Ironically I didn't fully discover Rockford until five years ago. I watched the entire series in six months.

I cringed when I sat through a screening of the Rockford Files pilot reboot... fortunately NBC passed on the pilot. Imagine Dermot Mulroney playing Rockford. From the writing, lighting, pacing, to the acting it was brutal. Long live James Garner!

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Cris had 164 for like a minute, i went to take the under and it was gone asap :shoot:

tripp

EOG Master

either of these teams will get their asses kicked by Marquette

Iona wins the 2h too though. Some amazing shooters and machado is off the charts good

tripp

EOG Master

iona thought they had it won and stopped playing offense. just sat their milking the clock and couldn't score for shit

need to get back into their up tempo offense and quick movement on defense. crazy that a team could score 55 in one half and go about 8 mins without scoring in the next half

Tuckman

Uh Poster

It looks like they are not even trying to score, they are turning it over and just raising their hands like uhh what happened

tripp

EOG Master

embarrassing half. just need them to hold on. Have ml and picked iona in every single bracket i did. got lucky with WKU earlier, lets not have back to back choke jobs to start the tourney

Tuckman

Uh Poster

The game total is in jeapordy if you took the over.. Most were marking it a win already at half

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Iona scored 55 points over the first 20 minutes of the game and 15 points over the first 17 minutes of the second half.

tripp

EOG Master

is byu seriously +170 right now ingame at pinny??

they are only down 2 with 3 mins left and they are shooting 1 and 1 after the break. probably will be a tie game with byu having all the momentum, how is Iona -201?:+clueless

just as im typing shot down to -180/+153

tripp

EOG Master

this loss is gonna be hard to come back from. jesus that is terrible :shoot:

missed tons of easy shots late. 0/2 from the line, two missed layups, easy floater just missed

WMtribe17

EOG Dedicated

Good god, what a choke by Iona. Glad to see the selection committee made the right choice in taking Iona over Drexel......

Crazy. Played BYU -1.5, U163, and the U87 2nd half. I feel for those who played Iona. 55 2nd half points.

So, BYU comes from 25 down and Western Kentucky 17 down in the final 5 minutes. March Madness has started in a gigantic way.

Vegas needed this game UNDER or they get crushed, as this total was the BIGGEST movement in total history in any CBB tourney game. Kinger you fucking MUSHED this over. It opened @ 157 @ some shops and quickly moved to 162. All I can say is I'm sure the MUSH trio (Luca, Kinger and John Kelly) bet the over here. :finger004

Ray Luca

EOG Master

Vegas needed this game UNDER or they get crushed, as this total was the BIGGEST movement in total history in any CBB tourney game. Kinger you fucking MUSHED this over. It opened @ 157 @ some shops and quickly moved to 162. All I can say is I'm sure the MUSH trio (Luca, Kinger and John Kelly) bet the over here. :finger004

Brokester!!!!!

Can you rub two nickels together..?