Is Kevin Youkilis the worst starting 1st baseman in the history of the all-star game?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Is Kevin Youkilis the worst starting 1st baseman in the history of the all-star game?

I'm not saying he's not worthy TOm, I'm saying the overall 1B all star level is way down.....waaaay down.

Shall I start naming names from the past?

Let me grab my 1983 Gillette ballots out, brb.

NO I hear you. It is not the same and compared to those big sluggers, it is hard. Youk does NOT fit the mold of the first baseman from the glory days. There was some great great players and real stars. Youk is worthy, deserving and fine but compared to the past he is a let down for sure. I know what you guys mean. OK Jman, list a few stud 1st baseman from the last few decades???

Re: Is Kevin Youkilis the worst starting 1st baseman in the history of the all-star game?

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg2 vAlign=top><TD> </TD><TD>1st</TD><TD width="85%">Kevin Youkilis (4) 2 run shot to right off Baker, Ortiz scored.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

tripp

EOG Master

as a yankee fan it hurts me to say this about a red sox player; but youk is a stud, and he was a stud last year. really surprised anyone could think he was a worse starter than fukodome.

the fact that fukodome not only played in an all star game, but STARTED will be one of the biggest puzzlers of all time. varitek getting voted into the AS game was also a joke. he's not even a top 10 catcher in the AL.

Blackcloud

EOG Dedicated

Every time he takes his batting helmet off and steam rises from his head, I can't help but wonder if the villagers still chase him around the town square with torches and pitchforks.

This was a stupid thread...Youk is a top ten player in MLB nevermind at first base....