JK, watch PRM 6th from yesterday

blueline

EOG Master
Nothing as severe as a horse jumping into the infield lake, but imagine how good you feel with the leader at the 1/4 pole.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Back in the day, there was a horseplayer in the Barbary Coast (named Ruby) who loved to bet speed horses.

From the quarter pole to the eighth pole, he would stay quiet until his selection opened up an insurmountable lead.

And then from the eighth pole to the wire, he would scream at the top of his lungs, "DON'T FALL OFF...DON'T FALL OFF...DON'T FALL OFF."

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I assume the horse jumped tire tracks left from the removal of the starting gate.

The horse never looked like a loser until his antics in deep stretch.

Interestingly, the horse dropped from 9/2 to 7/2 as the horses broke from the gate.

The late money would have won again, if not for the mishap.

blueline

EOG Master
it was on my price play list from yesterday..think it was 10/1 in the program.....ScrewAndrews said the race cost him cash.....no idea what had happened until he mentioned it

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Remember Dayjur in the 1998 Breeders' Cup Sprint?

It was the shadows, not the tire tracks, that caused Dayjur to lose stride.

Neveragain

EOG Dedicated
They're supposed to rake those tracks
Agree.
Absolutely disgraceful that there were track irregularities (both visual and physical) at the exact location of the starting gate.
It’s embarrassments like these that give racing a bad name.

I’m reminded of the time not so long ago when they allowed the wrong horse to race at Mahoning Valley, winning at long odds.
This should never happen.
Same with yesterday’s incident in the 6th at Prairie Meadows.
Just sad.