Jman's 'getting to know ya' VOLUME III ..Tom Brady, you always lived in Boston area?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated
Re: Jman's 'getting to know ya' VOLUME III ..Tom Brady, you always lived in Boston area?

Lived in Boston area all of my life. As far as my accent, here is the story that tells it all and shocked me. I was in Acupulco and talking to girls and one asked where I was from and I said kentucky (I always started off telling girls I was from Kentucky as a running joke)..one of the girls goes, "you are from BOSTON. It is so obvious." I was shocked. All the way down there and she had me pegged. That happened a few times that people guessed but often they guess I am from NY too. I got the northeast look and speech I guess. I have been here all my life.....

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: Jman's 'getting to know ya' VOLUME III ..Tom Brady, you always lived in Boston area?

Wow , that is always something I notice, the accent. I have talked to several posters over the yrs and it can be shocking after reading them for so long, just how different they sound.

Some dingbat claimed I sounded like Avery Johnson.

Those Indiana boys with that sloooow draw , always cracks me up.

Love the south accent, when it comes to women.

What were you doing talking to girls, aren't you married still?

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Wow , that is always something I notice, the accent. I have talked to several posters over the yrs and it can be shocking after reading them for so long, just how different they sound.

Some dingbat claimed I sounded like Avery Johnson.

Those Indiana boys with that sloooow draw , always cracks me up.

What were you doing talking to girls, aren't you married still?

This was in 1986. I was there when Clemens struck out 20 Seattle Mariners so I was pissed that I missed it. Also I think there was a dramatic playoff series in hockey Calgary/Edmonton where someone on Calgary put the puck in their own net to lose the series.

I like the Canadien accent and think they are nice people. Also southern people are much friendlier and laid back than us. I started to learn this back then. I like the Southern accent on women too. I talk too fast which is another northeastern trait. I am married now so those days are long gone.

EDIT: Yeah Jman Indiana and Michigan accents are very unique, agreed.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

That is something to be from Kentucky & not come away with that accent....

Journeyman

EOG Master

How long have you been a forum guy?

I remember you for about the past two yrs especially...we have had our moments.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

That is something to be from Kentucky & not come away with that accent....

We figured Hache, if a chick was naive enough to believe we were from Kentucky...then we should have no trouble closing the deal on her or them. That was the theory. My friend told girls he was from Kentucky, worked on a pork farm and the specialty was canned sausages. I kid you not. And he held many converations on this. We had fun.

5 star bomb

EOG Master
Re: Jman's 'getting to know ya' VOLUME III ..Tom Brady, you always lived in Boston ar

Re: Jman's 'getting to know ya' VOLUME III ..Tom Brady, you always lived in Boston ar

oh man you aint lying.... that south accent is so hot

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yeah but wouldn't being from Boston be more impressive...all you elitists up there?

Aside from basketball what else is Kentucky known for? Especially eastern!

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

How long have you been a forum guy?

I remember you for about the past two yrs especially...we have had our moments.

A couple of years here and at the RX. I started at a smaller forum and thought is was great. There was only a couple of good cappers. I loved it. WHen I found the RX I thought is was WAY too big. I still do. It took awhile to get used to it but have never felt totally at home in the RX.

Yeah we have had our moments. Pretty normal for me actually. I have tiffs with friends and family my whole life. Italians are emotional.

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Yeah but wouldn't being from Boston be more impressive...all you elitists up there?

Aside from basketball what else is Kentucky known for? Especially eastern!

Yes, you would think. That what was so funny about it. It is just off the wall.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yes, you would think. That what was so funny about it. It is just off the wall.

Yeah me and a couple friends of mine use to talk country...don't know how it started but whenever we were out looking for girls we'd use our country accents....it was kind of like using a mask I suppose :rolleyes:

TomBrady#1

EOG Dedicated

Yeah me and a couple friends of mine use to talk country...don't know how it started but whenever we were out looking for girls we'd use our country accents....it was kind of like using a mask I suppose :rolleyes:

I think it keep things fun too. If you have the mask on it makes it different sort of. Doing country accents are funny, lol. I remember I told a girl that I was born and raised in italy and recently came here and she loved it. She asked me a million questions and I answered them all. I have no accent though. How dumb can you be if you believe i grew up in a foreign country and talk like a Bostonian. LOL...we had fun.