Julian Edelman, the Patriots backup quarterback

rico1

EOG Master
From Pft:

“Jacoby’s done a great job taking advantage of his opportunity,” Brady said. “He went in there yesterday and showed a lot of poise. . . . I know our coaching staff will have him prepared and ready to go if he’s called upon.”

And what if Brissett gets hurt Thursday against the Texans? Brady said Edelman, a college quarterback who switched to receiver in the NFL, is capable of doing the job.

“If that’s the case I’d expect Julian to go in there and the coaches to be comfortable with the plays they’re calling for him,” Brady said. “He still talks about that touchdown pass he threw against Baltimore a few years ago.”

Overall, Brady is pleased to see his team 2-0 without him.

“It’s certainly tough to watch but it’s great to see us win,” Brady said.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Re: Julian Edelman, the Patriots backup quarterback

I believe game opened Houston -2, 2.5, now it's a pick.

Heim

EOG Master

He was better run than pass at Kent....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

The 12-day line at Westgate with Garoppolo in the equation offered New England -3.5 at home versus Houston.

Dramatic pointspread swing with the switch to Jacoby Brissett.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Money this morning for New England.

Houston was as high as a 2.5-point road choice over New England.

CRIS currently dealing Houston -1 -105.

rico1

EOG Master

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
The #Patriots have done extensive preparation over the past few days to get WR Julian Edelman ready as the backup QB. It may actually happen

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

I think it's highly unlikely NE even at home will defeat the Houston Texans on Thursday night with Brissett as the starter and Edelman as the backup QB.

rico1

EOG Master

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
Julian Edelman's value is important Thurs, as he may be backup QB. Since 2013, #Patriots are 34-7 (.829) with him & 4-5 (.444) without him