[Kinger vs. Winky] Next 50 NHL Plays (Unofficial)

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
I don't have a clue about hockey, so I want to test how I do against Winky. But I will definitely "research" my plays-- no coin flips.

Most units...

Winky's record so far is 1-0 +1.05 units

Last edited:

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Re: [Kinger vs. Winky] Next 50 NHL Plays (Unofficial)

Here's his play tonight...

Winky's NHL play for Tuesday, October 25

Dallas +105: This line OPENED Coyotes -115/-105 and now it sits at -125/+105. I know that unlike Feetball, Basketball and Baseball - it is sharp money that mostly moves lines in the NHL and fading this money isn't usually the best thing to do - but I gotta do so here although it was -140/+120 and is now chopped down a tad (I got it +120 but sending it out now at +105 so i guess i gotta consider +105 as the record for this play). For the life of me I have no clue what has made people run to the counter to bet Phoenix as if the game has already been played and I am the only one who doesn't know it. Maybe because the Stars are 2-6 their last 8 in Arizona and 5-11 their last 16 vs the Coyotes as is but what has happened in the 2010-11 season and prior has no bearing on what happens in the 2011-12 season. I look to make sure Kari Lehtonen is playing tonite and he is - he of the GAA Under 1.50 and Save % of over 95%. Even the most ignorant hockey person out there knows these are damn fine numbers. Mike Smith is in nets tonite for Phoenix with a GAA almost twice as high as Lehtonen at 2.80 and a Save % of just over 90% - meaning for every 20 shots taken Smith allows 1 more goal than Lehtonen and that very well could make the difference here. Maybe line movement is because the Stars are on the last game of a 4-game roadie but the last 2 were in Anaheim and LA and the LA game was Saturday so fatigue can't be an issue here for Dallass - and especially Lehtonen who had the Saturday LA game off, playing the night before when he stopped all but 1 of the 37 shots he faced in beating the Ducks. Smith played Sunday @ Anaheim - the Coyotes last game and allowed 4 goals on 39 shots - which for him is a typical night. I just don't see why this massive line move. I liked Dallass -105 so now getting plus money only makes me like it more​

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

BTW... I'm basically copy/pasting Winky's plays in here since JK is posting his next 50 plays. Winky has nothing to do with this thread. I just wanted to clear that up...

:cheers

Integrity

EOG Master

woah, kinger tackling hockey now?

i'll have to put u in touch with a couple of people to help your hockey cappin'

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

I don't have a clue about hockey, so I want to test how I do against Winky. But I will definitely "research" my plays-- no coin flips.

Winky's record so far is 1-0 +1.00 units

Most Units wins...

Slight correction: Winky is +1.05 units.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

No plays from Winky today...

Short card. nothing really excites me although i do lean to all 3 road teams. not sure what the Flyers will be like w/o Pronger but Les Habs are awful and w/o Pronger clearing his net we might see plenty of goals although losing his rocket from the blueline isn't good. Avs are better than Calgary and getting the chance to fade the overrated/priced Can(f)ucks is always tempting but this is where players have the advantage over the house. house MUST book every game - players don't have to do the same.

thursday's card looks very nice and should yield some plays - and at prices i will like.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Most units...

Winky's record so far is 1-0 +1.05 units

one time i am going to do this and only 1 time

2-0 +2.05

Rangers and Dallass

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

He's counting his win on the Rangers before this thing started! HAHA. But hes not counting his loss on his "EASY" Anaheim play that wasn't really a play AFTER it lost because it was above -130.

You cant make this shit up.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

He's counting his win on the Rangers before this thing started! HAHA. But hes not counting his loss on his "EASY" Anaheim play that wasn't really a play AFTER it lost because it was above -130.

Winky already trying to add another unit. :LMAO

We can add it, but I'll then subtract from the Ducks loss.

J

joeybagadonuts

Yup. What a joke. We all know the only way he can win is when he posts plays AFTER the game is over.

I'd make Kinger a guy who doesn't even cap hockey as a favorite over winkysquare.

Teddy kgb

Banned

Winky can't even spell Dallas......OHHHH I get it now Dallass wow how fvcking funny is that, oh boy it feels like I'm in 6th grade again this is awesome.

JK likes Winky for some strange reason but you do run across retards like the Duck who get a laugh out of totally stupid shit like spelling Dallas Dallass and I guess JK is one of them.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

This should be fun to follow. I need to learn the NHL myself.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

i think i should be 2-0 but if the masses say 1-0 then 1-0 it shall be

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Love the card - hopefully the results will be nice. of course i'd love to go 3-0 but i won't get greedy......2-1 will be nice:

had many "leans" as well:

Leaves +140.........Rangers first homie of a 4-game Canadian trip and this is actually NYR's FIRST home game of the season - not sure what the trip took out of them. IF I knew Reimer was in nets for the Leaves I'd back then but Gustavsson sucks and if he is in nets Leaves +410 isn't anything i want a part of
TB/Nash U5 +125...............The way the Preds have been playing only way you can play their games is Under - but this series is a big time OVER one
Wild -115..........this is as home dominated a series as it gets
Coyotes -120...........Devils on the road are no bargain - even after beating the Kings - but not gonna lay minus money with a team that can't close out games

Plays I like - or rather 2 I really like and 1 that is dicey:

Sabres PL +150
Bruins PL +155
Oilers +140 (Dicey One)

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Those are Winky's plays for tomorrow... all three will count... dicey or not!

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

No, Queen!!! JK has him starting from his Dallas win... that's when I started the thread.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

No, Queen!!! JK has him starting from his Dallas win... that's when I started the thread.

that is what the masses said - so that is what it shall be. starting with dallass meaning KR has my record correct - the "dicey one" was a play - just as i said - something i couldn't pass up but didn't feel as confident about as normal. but LOVED the spot for the Oilers and got a nice win

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Winky has three plays when there's only four games today. Easy pass for me.

Canes +115: Since an Opening Day loss to Dallass, the Hawks haven't lost a game (in regulation) since. Not sure if that will change but I do believe they will leave the RBC Center a loser in this one. Hawks have been playing some solid hockey and looking like a team that can win its 2nd Stanley Cup in 3 seasons. The only consistent thing about the Canes is their INconsistency. I take that back - the Canes are consistent in one other area - their domination of the Hawks. For some reason the Canes do very well against the Hawks going 8-2-1 their last 11 and not losing any games in Carolina. The Canes are due for a "bust out" game and Cam Ward is due to play a good game for my Fantasy team and it comes in this game. Canes have lost 3 straight but that is misleading since 1 was in OT, 1 was a B2B loss w/o Ward and 1 was in a SO. The Canes are better than they are being given credit for here and it shows. Canes might not might it look pretty but when the game ends Cam Ward has the team surround him and congratulate him for the win.

Flames -115: Let's "give it up" to the Blues! Winners of 3 straight including the last 2 @ Philly and Vancouver they are playing some solid hockey and are over .500 for the first time this season. After this one they still might be but only if the game lasts longer than 60 minutes. Jaroslav Halak was supposed to be netminder who would lead the Blues to better things this season but so far he has been just awful. Brian Elliott has been the goalie who has done what Halak was expected to do going 4-0 with a GAA barely over 1.5 and stopping 95% of all shots he sees. To semi-quote Dennis Green, "The Flames are who we thought they would be". They are a .500 team at best that really is devoid of many playmakers outside of Jarome Iginla. Miikka Kiprusoff is who we know he is - someone who is just good enough to get you to lose a close game - always seemingly giving up that one soft goal that always ends up biting his team in the butt. So why take the Flames? This is just a terrible spot for the Blues in many ways. They are just 3-9 their last 12 in Calgary although they are 3-2 their last 5 in Alberta. I like the Flames here because the Blues are so due for a clinker after 3 solid games. Maybe this is a terrible reason but I feel somewhat strong the Blues aren't coming to play here and Calgary will have a reasonably easy time winning this one. Great spot in many ways so let's hope the overall better team loses to the overall worse team - something I do think will happen.

Wings -125: I liked them in this game but couldn't lay -140 which is what it opened at. Thankfully it has been driven down 15 cents so now I can bet it. Howard off paternity duty and Wings seeking revenge for the playoff lost last season - get it tonite. The Winged Wheel wins a tight game

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Islanders +115: This one looks and smells a lot like Carolina and Calgray on Friday - hope the result is similar. Rick DiPietro might be making his season debut - not sure that is good since the other 2 have put up solid numbers. Sharkey's Machine is towards the end of a long roadie and the cluster of games and B2B gets to them here. This one will be ugly but Isles win it when the final buzzer sounds. I HOPE!

Canes/Flyers O5.5 -120: Since Pronger has gone out the Flyers have given up goals by the handful (or two). He went out in the Monday game vs the Leaves and othen Wed the Habs scored 5 goals w/o him and then the next day we all saw the Jets score 9! This is no accident - w/o Pronger clearing the nets the Flyers' goalies are seeing more rubber their way than BiBi Jones (Google her and Rob Gronkowski - you'll see what I mean - ooooooooh she is HAWT!). With this game being B2B for the Canes (TYVM Cam Ward for the nice SO last night - helping my Fantasy team and getting my Canes +115 play home) we might see Brian Boucher in nets for the Canes and if so this game might go Over 5.5 in 1P alone (I am adding this late - Boucher IS in net for the Canes). Both teams have major OVER trends and I don't see that changing here. Doubt we see 17 goals like we saw the last time the Flyers took the ice but it won't shock me to see this get (close) to double digits.

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Sharks-Islanders Over 5.5 -109

Anaheim Ducks +105

Phoenix Coyotes +109

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

The last 2 plays were ones I definitely looked at but passed for some reason

KingRevolver

Born Rambler

Of course Winky is going to end up getting 4 goals in the 3rd period to cash the over.