Larry Brown should retire...and quickly

JavyBaez9

EOG Master
Just blew a 16 point lead on his home court to UCSB with terrible offense. All they did was chuck 3's late in the shot clock and leave wide open 3's the whole second half. Dude is senile and has been for a while now. Keep your dignity you senile old fuck.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Re: Larry Brown should retire, and quickly.

Little harsh for a team who lost their best player in the game due to injury and has their 2nd best player out for the 1st semester.

Heim

EOG Master

Right......Brown has completely screwed up Matt Doherty's legacy

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master

Did you see the ending? Money changed hands with that last basket.

Heim

EOG Master

He might have to now. They got good fast which raised a few eyebrows. Can't feel bad for the program....you know what you get with LB.

rico1

EOG Master

One year ban. Loss of scholarships. Less ability to recruit. Yeah I would say its about time for Larry Brown to make his usual exit.

rico1

EOG Master

NCAA: SMU faces postseason ban, Brown suspended nine games

For the third time in his illustrious coaching career, Larry Brown has been hit with NCAA sanctions.

Brown’s SMU program will be banned from the 2016 postseason and Brown himself will be suspended for 30 percent of the 2015-16 season, or nine games. SMU will also losing three scholarships a year over the course of the next three years. Brown was also hit with a two-year show-cause penalty while the program will be forced to deal with a myriad of recruiting restrictions in the coming years.

SMU’s penalties stem from an NCAA investigation into the recruitment and eligibility of former McDonald’s All-American Keith Frazier. Frazier was declared academically ineligible in the middle of the 2014-15 season, about the same time that former SMU assistant coach Ulric Maligi left the program. According to the NCAA’s findings, Maligi — who, like Frazier, was not named in the report — encouraged Frazier to enroll in an online course to help him get eligible. An administrative assistant obtained the login information for Frazier and completed the course work for him.

The NCAA also found that the assistant had a relationship with Frazier, going as far as babysitting his child during workouts.

SMU will vacate the wins that Frazier, who the NCAA deemed should have been ineligible as a freshman, participated in. Maligi will face no further punishment, while the administrative assistant was given a five-year show-cause penalty.

yisman

EOG Master

big penalties, SMU basketball set back again

Don Eagleston

EOG Addicted

UNC's 2 sport probation remains pending -- for about 5 years now.

rico1

EOG Master

Keith Frazier 'numb' about ban, 'didn't even know' about fraud

7h - Men's College Basketball SMU Mustangs

Jeff Goodman, ESPN Insider

SMU guard Keith Frazier, who was at the forefront of the NCAA's academic fraud investigation, told ESPN on Thursday that he didn't have any knowledge that a former basketball administrator was doing an online course for him to be cleared to play for the team.

"I didn't even know what was going on," Frazier said. "I didn't know she was doing that class for me. I wasn't aware of that. I know it looks that way on the outside looking in, but I didn't know."

Editor's Picks

• Brown wishes he'd 'done more' to nix SMU fraud

SMU coach Larry Brown emphatically insisted that he never lied after the NCAA issued a scathing report Tuesday that placed the blame on the coach for multiple infractions tied to academic fraud.
Frazier said he was "numb" after the NCAA hit the SMU men's basketball program with a one-year postseason ban on Tuesday. Larry Brown also was found to have committed a lack of head coach control and was given a nine-game suspension for this season and a two-year show-cause penalty. The program also received a three-year probation, scholarship reductions, recruiting restrictions and a vacating of victories.

The NCAA's investigation found that after Frazier was enrolled in an online course to meet NCAA initial eligibility standards and be admitted to the university, a former administrative assistant obtained the student's username and password and then completed all of his coursework.

"The team has to go through all this and I'm in the middle of it," Frazier told ESPN. "I feel for those guys. They had nothing to do with this. I feel for them and how it's affecting their lives."

Frazier is a former McDonald's All American who averaged 10.5 points and 4.0 rebounds last season until being deemed academically ineligible in mid-January. He told ESPN he was cleared by the NCAA to play this season about a month ago.

Frazier, 21, said he was shocked when he heard the NCAA's ruling that SMU, considered a preseason Top 25 team, will not be allowed to play in the postseason this year. Shortly after hearing the news, he texted his teammates Tuesday afternoon in hopes of meeting with all of them as a group.

"I wanted to let them know how I felt," Frazier said. "How bad I felt about all of this. Not all of them showed up, but most of them did. I just told them that hopefully we can all move forward."

"I've dealt with so much adversity that I'm numb to the pain," he added. "The only pain I feel is to my teammates."

rico1

EOG Master

SMU should appeal the ruling, see if they can get it extended out so the team is eligible for the tournament.

Heim

EOG Master

He just stepped down.....crooked as shit to get players in but most CBB coaches that watched his practices say he's the man...

railbird

EOG Master

He just stepped down.....crooked as shit to get players in but most CBB coaches that watched his practices say he's the man...[/QUOTE

He recruited zero players, his assitants did all the recruiting

Heim

EOG Master
Re: Larry Brown should retire...and quickly.

Re: Larry Brown should retire...and quickly.

Wowzie it looks like his next gig is varsity high school basketball coach in New York. He can't be serious...can he?

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate
Re: Larry Brown should retire...and quickly

Larry Brown always had a short attention span...