Mass shooting in Maine bowling alley, 22 dead

blueline

EOG Master
I was in Lewiston about 3 hours before the shootings.
Ate at McDonalds about 3 miles up the road from the restaurant that was attacked

Last edited:

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This could go either way. Activated an asset or complete patsy. Don't be naive. Sometimes that happens. Doesn't take much.

Rockfish

EOG Addicted
Lewiston Maine is the second largest city in Maine with a population of 37,000. The whole state in 2022 had 29 homicides. That is one small state.

Lewiston is known for the second Ali Sonny Liston fight.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
22 killed that was reported immediately and hasn't changed. Is this # significant? 33 would have been too obvious.

mrbowling300

EOG Dedicated
I've actually thought about this scenario. It would be very easy for a gunman to enter the bowling alley where I bowl at and do what this guy did. Of course it could happen in any business environment, even my own office. In my mind, I've thought about what to do if I ever found myself in this sort of a situation, what would I do, where would I go. At the bowling alley, it would depend what section of the building I'm at. Where I bowl, Lanes 15 through 20 are around the front door. Lanes 1 through 10 are by the side door. These doors are always open and anyone can enter. the higher end of the lanes has no exterior entrance or exit, outside of a fire door in the back. If an event happens at my office, the best I could do is either hide under my desk, or run to the back fire door. I've always thought to always be aware of your surroundings at all times.

On the news, one guy who was at the bowling alley ran down the lane, hit the deck, slid to where the pins were and climbed up on top of the machinery to hide.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Wrong # dead reported and no police interaction despite 3 kill locations and escaped yet they know who it is and knew it instantly. Perhaps the screenshot at the Mr. Bowling alley is enough. Perhaps its something else.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
I've actually thought about this scenario. It would be very easy for a gunman to enter the bowling alley where I bowl at and do what this guy did. Of course it could happen in any business environment, even my own office. In my mind, I've thought about what to do if I ever found myself in this sort of a situation, what would I do, where would I go. At the bowling alley, it would depend what section of the building I'm at. Where I bowl, Lanes 15 through 20 are around the front door. Lanes 1 through 10 are by the side door. These doors are always open and anyone can enter. the higher end of the lanes has no exterior entrance or exit, outside of a fire door in the back. If an event happens at my office, the best I could do is either hide under my desk, or run to the back fire door. I've always thought to always be aware of your surroundings at all times.

On the news, one guy who was at the bowling alley ran down the lane, hit the deck, slid to where the pins were and climbed up on top of the machinery to hide.

As ridiculous or I guess as sad as it is to think this way; I have stopped wearing flip flops to large outdoor gatherings.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
As ridiculous or I guess as sad as it is to think this way; I have stopped wearing flip flops to large outdoor gatherings.

You have a chance 1 or 2 shooters. No chance if it is Hamas style. And forget about LE saving you. Every John and Jan Rocker for theyselves.

Dell Dude

EOG Master
This is pathetic and the media are pretending not to notice another LE Joey bag of no nuts. Becoming a pattern. They did nothing. They literally did nothing.

blueline

EOG Master
I was at Kennebunk travel plaza when apparently all of this started....sitting for an hour looking at lines etc..alumni meeting cancelled

railbird

EOG Master
my late cousin would get mad at me for calling it bowling alley, he said its a bowling center not an alley. Fountain bowl in fountain valley has 60 lanes a sports bar and a snack bar