McKinney goes to Grand Jury

dirty

EOG Master
MCKINNEY GOES TO GRAND JURY

Cynthia McKinney's troubles keep mounting. First, none of her Democratic colleagues came forth to support her in her time of need. Now her case is headed to a federal grand jury. McKinney's attorney says there is not enough evidence for an indictment. Here's an interesting question, though.

She's sure to be indicted....federal prosecutors almost always get what they want from grand juries. When she gets indicted for striking a Capitol Hill police officer, will the same people who called for Tom DeLay's resignation after his indictment call for her to step down? After all, DeLay never hit any Capitol Hill cops.

And imagine if this were you or I hitting a Capitol Hill police officer. Would there be a grand jury proceeding? Uh...no. After sitting in jail for a couple of days, there would be charges filed. But because Cynthia McKinney is a member of Congress, she gets special treatment.

The Congressional Black Caucus met last night to discuss the issue. It will be interesting to see what they have to say.

dirty

EOG Master
HOW MUCH MORE BIZARRE CAN SHE GET?
Can you believe this? The world of Cynthia McKinney gets even more bizarre. Now she has a private bodyguard. There are reports that he is a former Georgia State Trooper. This man, whoever he is, has now been caught on video telling a reporter that he is going to "put his ass in jail."

A reporter from Cox Broadcasting tried to ask McKinney about her grand jury testimony. This bodyguard kept trying to shove the reporter out of the way. The reporter was persistent, and the bodyguard finally told him "I'm going to put your ass in jail. I'm a police officer." This one's on videotape. There's no escaping it. The Cox reporter asked him if he worked for the Capitol Hill police. The bodyguard said "I work for Miss McKinney."

Capitol Hill police evidently are not amused. Some are worried about what the bodyguard might do if Capitol police dare to faile to recognize McKinney at a security checkpoint.

I can hardly wait to see what this embarrassment to the State of Georgia comes up with next.