Minnesota Twins

railbird

EOG Master
Something to look for in the coming weeks
Minnesota twins just lost their pitching coach to a D1 school To be A PITCHING coach at LSU.
HE WAS MAKING 250,000 year in the bigs.
LSU is paying him 700,000 a year
Just showing you how valuable he is.
Era might be going up. He leaves Thursday

mr merlin

EOG Master
Those pay levels seem a tad low, in the NFL coordinators can make a million or more, and there are far more assistants in football than baseball, paying the 2nd most important guy on the team 200 grand seems ridiculous. What's the first base coach make? 90K?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I assume a nefarious bullpen catcher could provide some excellent inside information to gamblers.

Though some so-called insiders have no insight whatsoever.

I recently heard a story about a journeyman boxer who sparred extensively with both Aaron Pryor and Alexis Arguello in the early 1980s.

When Pryor and Arguello met in the ring, the journeyman boxer touted the losing fighter (Arguello) in both the first meeting and the rematch.

Whoops!

MrTop

EOG Master
a keen eye would catch tom kelly long time minnesota twins manager at the racetrack

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
In the tracks final days I bet $60 on a dog and moved the odds from 10:1 to 2:5

The handle on most races was under $500
Those were in the good days, i remember when a $2 bet would move the odds from 90-1 to maybe 6-1, some guys(you apparently)would bet $50 at the last second and their "good odds' would just evaporate.

I think thursday was quarter night where hot dogs/pop/popcorn/programs were 25 cents. i would guess the crowd might be 2-300 people tops.

railbird

EOG Master
Those were in the good days, i remember when a $2 bet would move the odds from 90-1 to maybe 6-1, some guys(you apparently)would bet $50 at the last second and their "good odds' would just evaporate.

I think thursday was quarter night where hot dogs/pop/popcorn/programs were 25 cents. i would guess the crowd might be 2-300 people tops.
calinete and vegas would book the dogs, lots of buisness going on, ballys would book the greyhounds