Monty Williams fired by Phoenix

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Some reward for taking your team to the NBA Finals last season. Too much of a what have you done for me lately? Business.

Lasted just 4 seasons overall and won just 19 games in his rookie season. Sad story but Phoenix doesn't deserve him. Reminds me of the Bucks and the Budenholzer situation.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Some reward for taking your team to the NBA Finals last season. Too much of a what have you done for me lately? Business.

Lasted just 4 seasons overall and won just 19 games in his rookie season. Sad story but Phoenix doesn't deserve him. Reminds me of the Bucks and the Budenholzer situation.

Getting Blown Out By 33 In Game 7 at Home Last Year, and Getting Blown Out By 25 at Home This Year In Elimination Game Had Everything To Do With It.

Heim

EOG Master
Sometimes honesty is not the best policy when he commented postgame, I didn't have my team ready to play.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
They just signed him to a 2024 extension. I wouldn't be surprised if Milwaukee signed him. Third time should've been the charm. Two seasons ago he was awarded coach of the year. Granted it wasn't a great idea to admit his team wasn't ready as his response in games 5 and 6 was dreadful.

Heim

EOG Master
Nurse or Budenholzer, who da you like?

This firing shocked me, but from what I read he was a little too hands on, micro-managing
everything, including players personal lives.

Interesting as soon as Williams was gone, reports emerged they're going to deal Paul.

Paul no doubt was also playing assistant coach.

Last edited:

boston massacre

EOG Master
Nurse or Budenholzer, who da you like?

This firing shocked me, but from what I read he was a little too hands on, micro-managing
everything, including players personal lives.

Interesting as soon as Williams was gone, reports emerged they're going to deal Paul.

Paul no doubt was also playing assistant coach.

Budenholzer Sucks.

Any Owner Who Hires Him, Doesn't Know Anything About Basketball.

Heim

EOG Master
There's no way Booker and Durant were not consulted on this prior to Williams' pink slip.