NFL Preseason thread 2023

Thought I would start a thread this for anyone that has any insights into this years preseason games. One of the most profitable times of the year. Have to listen and pay attention to a lot of coach talk but they rarely hide anything and usually lay out exactly what they plan on doing.

Looks like the Pats will hardly play their starters and the Texans will be doing the opposite.

I'm going first half Texans -2.5 -115 and ML -154

Looks like the Pats will hardly play their starters and the Texans will be doing the opposite.

I'm going first half Texans -2.5 -115 and ML -154
What should have been an easy one turned into a sweat. lost the turnover battle 0-2 both came on their half of the field and somehow they still covered the #

I think we see some scoring in this second game. Very capable backups plus the 3rd string guys for both teams can run. Should see some points

I'm on

Sea -2.5 -110 and -152 ML 1st half

Over 20 -110 1st half

Over 37.5 -110 game

Heim

EOG Master
Brutal start for CJ Stroud. He's named opening day starter, takes all first team snaps yet pulled after 2 series. He definitely looked like a rookie back there.

Heim

EOG Master
Jordan Love looked respectable tonight. Trey Lance wishes he was this far along. Packers might surprise a few people.

Heim

EOG Master
The entire Washington defensive front are all #1 picks. That defense is going to be good.

Heim

EOG Master
Some of these ex jocks on the NFL broadcasting teams are brutal. Just to name a few, Mitchell (Skins), Tomlison (Chargers), Smith (Panthers), Talib (Rams)...

Just brutal...

Heim

EOG Master
Obvious TENN Tannehill is the starter, but what a difference a season makes, Malik Willis looks like a different player this
year, should win the back up role over Levis.

Heim

EOG Master
Raiders Aiden O'Connell, 14/18 141. Has looked great in training camp too.

I wonder how long the leash will be on Garappolo when the season starts?

O'Connell looked very good -- it was preseason, but he played the position well today.

But I'm not sanguine that he necessarily can press a healthy Jimmy G . . . yet . . . for playing time when they start playing real football against first-string defenses playing at full speed. He wasn't playing the San Francisco 1s on D today. If he was, they'd be trying to take away what he did well, find things that he didn't do well, and then force him to try to beat them with those things instead of what he did well.

But if Jimmy G goes down -- "hey, it could happen" -- and Hoyer is just past his time in relief -- and that has happened on occasion -- then you might be getting some good value in the line for a game or two with O'Connell stepping in in October or November.

And if all that happens, then we'll see if the Raiders have caught lightning in a bottle with another Brock Purdy type success story.

But he had a very good day today. Based at least on just today's exhibition, you'd rather have O'Connell than Lance on your QB roster.

The latter still hasn't shown me anything yet. I don't care about all that's invested in him and all the hype -- he's still got to do the work and produce on the field. It ain't happening yet.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Jordan Love looked respectable tonight. Trey Lance wishes he was this far along. Packers might surprise a few people.
I cant give an evaluation on Love being good. Lafleur had a plan of building his confidence with quick reads on 3 steps and easy throws.

He missed a wide open tight end on a crossing route on 3rd down which was a great play design.

I still see this being a very conservative team early in the season relying on Jones and Dillon along with their defense.

I would like to see more Love against actual 1s next week.

Ps. I am very high on gb this year. And it's not because my first solid food as a baby was a cheese curd

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
It will be interesting to see how Sean Payton fixes the OL

Wilson and stidham were the #1 and #3 in regards to highest rate of pressure per pass attempts.

Wilson 64%
Statham 59%

If this isn't fixed Wilson will be "let's ride" to the IR by week 4

Heim

EOG Master
The Rams defense really looked bad. I know McVay doesn't play starters in NFLX but to have a rookie running back
from No. Colorado turn the corner on you not once, but twice for long td runs, that's not good. I keep hearing what a good
defensive guy Raheem Morris is, we'll see.

Heim

EOG Master
It will be interesting to see how Sean Payton fixes the OL

Wilson and stidham were the #1 and #3 in regards to highest rate of pressure per pass attempts.

Wilson 64%
Statham 59%

If this isn't fixed Wilson will be "let's ride" to the IR by week 4

I was a little surprised Wilson got some snaps first game out.