NFLX Injuries....

Heim

EOG Master
Chargers have already lost 3 key players with ACL by GM2. With all the training camp scrimmages I think one meaningless game is enough especially now where there's only one cut from 75 to 53 players.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Impossible to play football at any speed less than full speed.

Tricky preseason spots for coaching staffs.

NFLX Week 3 is the one week where teams "game plan" for the opposition.

Heim

EOG Master
MrTop;n7451975 said:
here comes let's play only 2 by the owners

I think two is about right....just not sure owners feel good not shoving that extra home game down season ticket holders throat.

Heim

EOG Master
Great solution by Jerry Jones today...two NFLX games but extend regular season to 18. Jesus....do these guys ever stop thinking about their pocket book?

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
There was a subtle shift in NFLX this year. Less and less teams are treating game 3 as a dress rehearsal. So now all 4 games are a waste of time. It might be the beginning of the end of the 4 game NFLX season if more and more coaches refuse to play any of their regulars at all. I think the 18 game season has a chance in the next Contract Negotiations, but the owners will have to give a lot to get it. Regular roster expansion from 53 to at least 60, up to maybe 70, and more guaranteed money in contracts, and more guaranteed money when players get hurt early in their contracts a good start. I like the symmetry of 16 games, but it can be worked out.