No Fox News for Canada

tank

EOG Dedicated
No Fox News for Canada

Let's hear it for the Canucks!!Hip, hip hooray!!

No Fox News for Canada

Opinion by MarkBryan
(12 Hours Ago) in Politics
They don't allow liars to broadcast the News.

Fox News will not be able to set up shop north of the border. Canada's conservative PM, Stephen Harper, tried to get the pesky "truth in journalism" law repealed, but was unsuccessful.
Canada's Radio Act requires that "a licenser may not broadcast....any false or misleading news."
To bad we don't have such a law in the USA.
We use to have a law, but thanks to Ronald Reagan and his fellow Liars we don't anymore.
Formally adopted as an FCC rule in 1949 and repealed in 1987 by Ronald Reagan?s pro-broadcaster FCC, the doctrine can be traced back to the early days of broadcast regulation.
We need a Fairness Doctrine, a mechanism to address the most extreme kinds of broadcast abuse.

Re: No Fox News for Canada

Fox of course!!

As per the norm, you didn't understand my question.

"Canada's Radio Act requires that "a licenser may not broadcast....any false or misleading news."

Next to public unions, this is the most retarded government law I have ever heard of. Who decides what's "false or misleading news?" A panel of radical left wing bureaucrats like in the old Soviet Union? :shoot:

Thank God the founders created the First Amendment and thank God President Reagan axed the "Fairness Doctrine". :thumbsup

tank

EOG Dedicated

As per the norm, you didn't understand my question.

"Canada's Radio Act requires that "a licenser may not broadcast....any false or misleading news."

Next to public unions, this is the most retarded government law I have ever heard of. Who decides what's "false or misleading news?" A panel of radical left wing bureaucrats like in the old Soviet Union? :shoot:

Thank God the founders created the First Amendment and thank God President Reagan axed the "Fairness Doctrine". :thumbsup
No let's just let the money people decide right??I'm sure a simple formula cannot be in place like their was before right??2348ji23e

tank

EOG Dedicated

They can use their first amendment right's unless they want to organize a union right you Fascist puke?