NY Mets +125

Pigpen

EOG Veteran
NY Mets +125 (5dimes overnight)

Great spot here with a nice dog opportunity on the Mets. The Mets are actually not a terrible road team they are 31-32 on the road and have been playing well of late winning six of their last ten and two straight while the Padres sport a home record that is not much better than the Mets road w/l record. The Padres are 31-29 at home losing eight of their last ten with a three game losing streak. The Padres have scored five runs in their last three games.

Where I really like the Mets is the pitching match up. Mejia had TJ surgery in 2011 with a career thus far that has been plagued by injuries. He made his first start of 2013 on July 26 this season, and his 4 starts this year are impressive as the chart below points out. He has been taken off a pitch count for the remainder of the season. In those four starts three of them have been on the road and that gives me even more confidence in his ability. The Padres counter with Volquez and his numbers are fair at best. I am getting a team that is playing well with what looks to me a pitcher that is fresh and throwing well and I am getting +125. I like my odds.

GL