Over/Under 2018 1st round drafted QB starts

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Hope some book offers these. I'll take a stab at what I think the lines should be.

Mayfield 2.5
Darnold 4.5
Allen 2.5
Rosen 4.5
Jackson .5

I'd like under in every instance. I don't think any of them start opening day, barring Sam Bradford not being healthy at the beginning. Rosen would be the only one I'd consider for the over, if Zona is buried after midseason, and he's probably the one guy ready to play early.
I would have went under any number on Wentz in 2016 also, so you never know.

railbird

EOG Master
Re: Over/Under 2018 1st round drafted QB starts

Mayfield is 23 with high wonderlic score, he is going to start week 1, he is associated with being a gun slinger but truth is he is careful with the ball and doesnt throw picks, hue jackson likes him because he can throw with moving pocket and is mobile and can avoid some sacks even tho clev has the worst off line in football

railbird

EOG Master

Scouts like to say rosen throws on balance, that is because he is oblivious to back side pass rush and thats why the game ending injuries pile up with him, mayfield feels it and has better pocket awareness than josh

railbird

EOG Master

I would use jackson as a punt returner and in wildcat scenarios

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

Mayfield is 23 with high wonderlic score, he is going to start week 1, he is associated with being a gun slinger but truth is he is carefull with the ball and doesnt throw picks, hue jackson likes him because he can throw with moving pocket and is mobile and can avoid some sacks even tho clev has the worst off line in football

We can wager on that...barring injuries I think that Taylor starts....you want some?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers did not start until the 43rd game of his NFL career.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

Might be the square in me but I like over most of those with Mayfield over being a lock IMO scoop. I guess I would try Rosen under. No opinion on Darnold and Like allan and Jackson over as well.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!

I would use jackson as a punt returner and in wildcat scenarios

He's interesting. I faded him all through college but nothing would shock me in the NFL. IMO he is the most likely to be a bust but also the only one (maybe besides allan) that could be an alltime great.

High Times

EOG Master

None of these guys should have been drafted in the first round. All busts. All a waste of time.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

Hope some book offers these. I'll take a stab at what I think the lines should be.

Mayfield 2.5
Darnold 4.5
Allen 2.5
Rosen 4.5
Jackson .5

I'd like under in every instance. I don't think any of them start opening day, barring Sam Bradford not being healthy at the beginning. Rosen would be the only one I'd consider for the over, if Zona is buried after midseason, and he's probably the one guy ready to play early.
I would have went under any number on Wentz in 2016 also, so you never know.

I would bet over on every one, this has been the trend for the better part of five years now. The best chance for a team to win now is to win with a qb on a rookie contract and surrounded by elite talent.